Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 3 Released

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

After years of hype and numerous delays, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, the pride of the Polish nation, is finally released. It's now available for purchase on Steam, GOG and numerous other digital retailers (but definitely not GMG) for the standard price of $60. Here's the game's launch trailer, which has many familiar faces and a kinda faggy soundtrack:

Well, that's that then. Ever since the Kickstarter age began, we've all but completely phased out news coverage of AAA RPG releases. Only The Witcher 3 remained, mostly because I enjoy CD Projekt's approach to writing...and because the Codex readership demands a little graphics whoring now and again. Now that it's released, I guess we can go full-time oldschool. Or at least until gameplay videos for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or CDPR's own Cyberpunk 2077 start showing up...

Last edited by a moderator:

Zeronet

Learned
The important question to be answered, how long can his beard grow?

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
Now that it's released, I guess we can go full-time oldschool. Or at least until gameplay videos for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or CDPR's own Cyberpunk 2077 start showing up...
Or Fallout 4, or Elder Scrolls 5, or Obsidian's new traditionally published rpg, or any new rpgs from Bioware, or from Piranha Bytes, or from Larian, or other studios that may decide to suddenly develop an rpg for the first time.

Don't act like there won't be news posts about these game or that we won't be talking about them.

himmy

Arcane
Now that it's released, I guess we can go full-time oldschool. Or at least until gameplay videos for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided or CDPR's own Cyberpunk 2077 start showing up...
Or Fallout 4, or Elder Scrolls 5, or Obsidian's new traditionally published rpg, or any new rpgs from Bioware, or from Piranha Bytes, or from Larian, or other studios that may decide to suddenly develop an rpg for the first time.

Don't act like there won't be news posts about these game or that we won't be talking about them.

I agree with your post as a whole, but it's clear that one of us doesn't really understand what AAA means and I don't think it's me.

Disgruntled

Savant
Im eagerly waiting for the codex to tear this one apart. One upside to these AAA games is the lack of early access so most of the criticism will be fresh.
God damn kickstarter titles are beaten to death before 1.0 leaving me with stale bloated threads.

Im eagerly waiting for the codex to tear this one apart. One upside to these AAA games is the lack of early access so most of the criticism will be fresh.
God damn kickstarter titles are beaten to death before 1.0 leaving me with stale bloated threads.
I expect a lot of the retards who shat on the kickstarters to eat this popamole shit up, especially the potatoes.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I've listened to the whole soundtrack and I think it's pretty good. Reminds me of Hans Zimmer's tracks for the "300" films.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

How many newsposts about a Bioware or Bethesda game have you seen recently?

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I think we need a dozen more newsposts about Underworld Whatitscalled.

Israfael

Arcane
Saw this thread on the first page. I wouldnt buy it yet as it looks like another hiking simulator.

Perkel

Arcane
Just got my copy from retailer like casul.

123zl ~ 30$

Those motherfuckers. My DVD2 is fucked (pressing problem)

This is what you get for going for retail copy... Now i need to download whole day from GOG.

At least they put in GOG code...

Vibalist

Arcane
Meh. I'll see in about half a year if this game is worth anything. Never again will I day 1 purchase anything. Not after fucking PoE.

Thane Solus

Arcane
if your main quotes are from Gamespot, IGN US and Game Trailers along with 200 gazillion awards, it makes me think that the game is huge pile of shit, or those from marketing should be fired on the spot. (both?!)

The trailer is very bad, really, really bad. The only good thing is that it shows scenes from the game and not a CGI shit, but the song which is mediocre at best, doesnt fit the cuts or better said, the cuts dont fit the song, also they shouldve used background sounds of the scenes, that could help it more.

The color palette is shit, in 2013 was gritty and dark, here is World of Warcraft type, it doesnt look bad, but with a gritty/dark color, the atmosphere would be 10x better.

As for the game, ill wait the EE edition and discount, CD Projeckt lost their minds years ago, i dont trust them at all, but i like their quests/dialogues and some of the dark scenes from the past games, so this shouldnt be bad, when their competition is LOL Bioware and some decent reiterations of the games from the past. But when you start acting like EA and Activision, it doesn't bring me any confidence, see sex bait trailers, 1 gazillion colors per pixel, ports for console, mediocre combat...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom