Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Expansion Thread

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
No, it is not understandable. The junk-quality, MMO level-bloated loot is just retarded rubbish and whoever though this was a bright idea should be hanged.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

No, it is not understandable. The junk-quality, MMO level-bloated loot is just retarded rubbish and whoever though this was a bright idea should be hanged.
Understandable as in I can understand it, not that I think it makes the game better.

It's not just the item bloat, all of the level mechanics are geared toward bloat. The fact that there are level 20+ DROWNERS in the game that are virtually impossible to beat early on because some designer thought it'd be a grand idea to add massive health bonuses to any creature that outranks you by a few levels is ridiculous.

I mean, just because a bandit is level 11 instead of level 9, shouldn't mean he should b able to take a sword to the face without flinching.

But again, I UNDERSTAND why they did it. I am freaking annoyed by it and want to have a talk with the designers, but I understand.

Those same mechanics that annoy the piss out of us, keep casuals addicted. "Oh, look, I gained another level! I found a new sword! I have accomplished something!" I personally think the game would be a lot better without such mechanics, even for casuals, but I see why they wanted to try those mechanics to begin with.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
What irks me the most, is that the loot in TW1 was basically the opposite of TW3 (taint already started with TW2 though).
It was rare and precious and felt well-earned and making an upgrade always felt like a reason to celebrate.
Then in TW2 it was devaluated. Freaking Aerondinght the Lady of the Lake knighted the Geralt with was barely better then starter junk from TW2 and was outclassed in the very first act.

Now we have reached this... MMO shit-tier itemization (and level bloat + gating, you're correct, thos are huge problems as well).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom