Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 mods

Sodafish

Arcane
Perkel or someone else: can you please dropbox/whatever the latest Script Merger files for me? I can't download the file from nexusmods without paying to register.

Sodafish

Arcane
It said registration is free, but then the first page of the process is all different pay options.

edit: OK I was being retarded. Ignore.

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
If you have trouble lighting the fire in the distillery in Skellige, disable the Igni mod. Couldn't do it with the mod active.

Paul_cz

Arcane

Makes the interiors of building too dark unfortunately. Was down in the baths and it was impossible to see anything.

edit: heh author flipped out and closed the comments on Nexus because people were telling him his last version was better.

Modders, modders never change.

I tested it myself and it sucks. It looks great in some select locations/times of day/weathers, but sucks ass in most others:
http://imgur.com/a/bCyNy

(top is modded)

Vanilla looks way more consistent and atmospheric overall.

Gerrard

Arcane

Makes the interiors of building too dark unfortunately. Was down in the baths and it was impossible to see anything.

edit: heh author flipped out and closed the comments on Nexus because people were telling him his last version was better.

Modders, modders never change.
Well, these are the same people who were making comments like "This looks 10 times better/just like the first trailers", so yeah, retards.

Sodafish

Arcane
I'm just playing it now with the always full XP and remove level requirements mods. The level restrictions were always retarded, as in herpderp I'm a world famous master witcher but can't yet wield this level 23 butterknife.

Perkel

Arcane
Looks like bunch of mods got updated including one major combat and stat overhaul. When i will finish B&W i will update with those more risky mods

Perkel

Arcane
Give me the links. If they are worth something, I'll try them.

Updated 2nd post with new mods. There is one huge Better Combat Evolved if you want to try it. It rebalances basically everything.

Imo changelog i put in quotes is mendatory ro read

Perkel

Arcane
Perkel, how do you like Better Combat Evolved?

currently i don't use it but i used it much earlier (before expansions) and it was great at the time. Just read descriptions i linked you will see how things changed.

Imo best mod out there is no level restriction. There are weapons in game that are not scaled to your level so you can get proper lvl 35 or so sword early on if you know where to look. Same with armor as you can create masterwork ursine or otherwise with lvl 1 geralt.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Perkel, how do you like Better Combat Evolved?

currently i don't use it but i used it much earlier (before expansions) and it was great at the time. Just read descriptions i linked you will see how things changed.

Imo best mod out there is no level restriction. There are weapons in game that are not scaled to your level so you can get proper lvl 35 or so sword early on if you know where to look. Same with armor as you can create masterwork ursine or otherwise with lvl 1 geralt.

The problem with the no lvl restrictions mod (which I am using) is that the higher lvl swords deal 3-4 times more damage than the lvl specific swords. At lvl 15 I can craft a lvl 35 sword that does hundreds more damage than my current sword. But holy crap would that make the game easy. I pretty much use it to equip the items you find which are generally around the same lvl as the character.

This is a definite "equipment makes the man" type of game.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron
Just fyi, the game recently updated to 1.22 and it broke some mods again. That said, every mod listed in Perkel's list already has a 1.22 compatible version or wasn't broken by the update to begin with.

Perkel

Arcane
That is why everyone should use GOG version when they can. You can set game to manual update unlike steam which now requires every new update to be installed.

hilfazer

Scholar
That is why everyone should use GOG version when they can. You can set game to manual update unlike steam which now requires every new update to be installed.
Not to mention "rollback to version" feature.

BTW i'll update my mod as soon as i download that stupidly oversized GOG patch.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
All Quest Objectives On Map - Makes deciding what to do next much easier. It also keeps all the merchant markers on the map.
This one actually seems useful, especially if you have a ton of treasure hunts to do.

Is there a mod that allows you to disable the quest compass (and probably also the quest markers) on the minimap? You could of course just disable the minimap altogether, but the game was clearly designed with it in mind, especially in the cities where it's hard to make a distinction between fluff NPCs and actual merchants or quest givers otherwise. Then again, with the above mod you could probably just track the Gwent card quest or something and rely entirely on the actual map to navigate the game world.

Biscotti

Arbiter
Patron

I do have my updates set to manual, though after reading 1.22 supposedly fixed the tail disappearing on your horse I decided to go ahead and update, took the opportunity to check if any of the mods I had running were still compatible. That said, the update didn't even fix the missing tail issue so for anyone having the same issue I'd suggest this fix.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom