Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Commenting Geralt is idiotic how can anyone deny that?
It's not in the sense that it informs the player of what he's actually examining or seeing, which happens in one way or another in every RPG or adventure game ever that has some kind of a "look" or "examine" action. The action itself is necessary because the game needs some way of telling whether the player has spotted something or not, as there's no keyword system in place and making the right solution just pop up in dialogue regardless of the player's actions would be even worse. It is idiotic in the sense that Geralt instantly proceeds to make deductions based on the evidence and essentially solves the quest himself instead of letting the player form the solution in some way.

polo

Magister
How does that work? I've seen some of those at 22 or 24u$d, which is like half the GOG price.

Ivan

Arcane
I don't know. I think 2 things: they don't mention the code was derived from a gpu purchase and 2: it's a Gog key.

Basically you get a code to claim it on nvidia and then you lock the account to your gog account. Done.

MaskedMan

very cool
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Unless they changed it recently the Gog price is 16$ in Russia/Ukraine if you have twitcher 1 and 2.

polo

Magister
Unless they changed it recently the Gog price is 16$ in Russia/Ukraine if you have twitcher 1 and 2.
WHAT? i have twitcher 1 and 2 and the price is -20% which means 36u$d. Thats what i get for being from south americai guess (?

Caliban01

Novice
One of the new 4 images of today and its very.. very... i dont know

i think its a BIG spoiler

bqq5vie.jpg

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Purchased TWitcher 3 for $22 on ebay. Gog key cleared out. Paid less than half of what I was expecting. :incline:

Ditto. The link someone posted before, that I went on and tried (for the team!), works! It will get you a GOG key (my purchase was for a geforce coupon code).

Sweet.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I also bought one key from ebay, it speared me 20%. Activated it on GOG, everything went smooth. Nice!

Edit: And you can download the extras right now. They look great.

vonAchdorf

Arcane
Extremely praising preview from the German Gamestar, whose writer could play the complete game for two days. ("Among the best in my 33 years of gaming, we cried in the end"). Apparently, it's not three separate areas now, but only two (the whole continent and the isles). Regarding the aforementioned box quest: You could also follow the thief to the rebel camp. You can disable quest markers and even all hud elements, difficulty settings affect the mob AI, not the mob hit points. C&C wherever you go.

Doktor Best

Arcane
yeah the journalist really has a raging hard-on the whole preview long, also to mention:

-no hp bloat on higher difficulties, enemies deal more damage, have better AI (dodge better and more often) but take the same hits like in lower difficulties
-the quest everyone here was ranting about with the box you should retrieve, you can also follow the guy with some distance and he will lead you to his camp for example
-enemy combat behaviour really diversive and plausible

Tytus

Arcane
Thank you Codex. Just bought the Ebay version and already redeemed it to GoG. Cheaper than I would have expected.

odrzut

Arcane
Fist fighting isn't QTE anymore. And it's possible to fist-fight against many oponents at once, and move around while doing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom