Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

hiver

:lol: What else? What are you going to do you stupid laughable turd?

Invent more idiotic strawmans? :lol:

Look people, a real live imbecile head is falling apart! :lol:

hiver

What does the fact i am proud black brazilian have to do with anything?

:lolcopter:

ok, ok... :lol:
just tell me this,

how does my sentence

not the fact that he killed the cart driver and the horse with an arrow while having a bow over his back for everyone to see - and then asked a fucking witcher who just happened to walk by to go and get his loot while lying it was monsters
come to mean this in your stupid head:
- No Immersion breaking narratives like Merchants Asking Witcher collect their mcguffins or people shooting bows unrealistically.
:lol:

What the fuck what i said has to do with shooting bows realistically?

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space

:lolcopter:

ok, ok... :lol:
just tell me this,

how does my sentence

not the fact that he killed the cart driver and the horse with an arrow while having a bow over his back for everyone to see - and then asked a fucking witcher who just happened to walk by to go and get his loot while lying it was monsters
come to mean this in your stupid head:
- No Immersion breaking narratives like Merchants Asking Witcher collect their mcguffins or people shooting bows unrealistically.

What the fuck what i said has to do with shooting bows realistically?

I'm gonna be honest.. I may have misread what you said.. your English is pretty dog shit.. :salute:

hiver

No, its your brain that is dog shit.

Thats why you made a huge mistake and invented that all of that ludicrous shit that you are trying to present as my own, you low devolved stupid moron.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
No, its your brain that is dog shit.

Thats why you made a huge mistake and invented that all of that ludicrous shit that you are trying to present as my own, you low devolved stupid moron.

Can I reply now or should I wait 20 minutes for the edits?

Oh lets be honest.. I ran out of witty shit to say three drinks ago.

brazil-defeat-reactions.jpg

hiver

No, its running around on a horse racing after a dot on the radar, making one swing that doesnt even connect and then getting cutscenes as reward in which you get teleported to who knows what place to give over a prisoner who still has a bow strapped over his back and who just stands there making stupid faces while you talk with some soldiers who accuse you of being greedy if you ask for money for your service :lol:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Immortal My only problem was that Geralt told me that "hey stupid, you should investigate further". Saying that "hm, an arrow" and "hm, blood on the box" would have been perfectly enough. So those, who have the intelligence to look further would find a secret option to solve the quest, while the dumb ones would only had the basic one.

Perkel

Arcane
People complain about short quests precisely done to show it to people in 5 minutes max.
It was probably mainly to show how fetch quests should be handed compared to let's say DAI

Also who said it is actually whole quest ?

Because from what we learned in TW1-2 this will be probably connected to something much later in game and frankly this quests probably was inspired by cargo quests in TW1 where also you had to deal with drowners 5m for house (protecting cargo) but also you had a choice.

As of 5m. It fits. Dude wasn't idiot (supposed soldier) He waited at probably same place shot that dude, horses instead of stopping moved without stopping and moved away from road into swamp dude got to that cargo started ransacking it but monsters showed and he run away but not so far to loose cargo. So he waited near it for monsters to eat horse and move away where he met Geralt. So he send you to deal with monsters telling sobby story so you would accept it.

What was wrong with that quest imo was that he should do better job at telling lies but at same time this also didn't fit video idea.

Immortal My only problem was that Geralt told me that "hey stupid, you should investigate further". Saying that "hm, an arrow" and "hm, blood on the box" would have been perfectly enough. So those, who have the intelligence to look further would find a secret option to solve the quest, while the dumb ones would only had the basic one.

They probably had to do it. IT's 5 min video promotion to show people that TW3 quests are different from normal RPGs quests. And this was even traditional fetch quest. Go get the box.

In DAI would be something like:

Welcome here is your mission. Status update go get the box ! you go there and kill monsters. back to dude and dude gives you +REPUTATION UP+ points.

Beowulf

Arcane
Or maybe it's just a tutorial like prologue quest.
There's no better feeling than being right in an argument about not yet published game.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Actually my only nitpick-ey gripe is with how tidy and neat and un-worn Geralt's armour looks. He's been riding off the track and/or on a dirtroad for a good deal of time before getting to the conversation (which is where the camera zooms in), and his armour is spotless. Shame of you, CDP, shame on you!

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Actually my only nitpick-ey gripe is with how tidy and neat and un-worn Geralt's armour looks. He's been riding off the track and/or on a dirtroad for a good deal of time before getting to the conversation (which is where the camera zooms in), and his armour is spotless. Shame of you, CDP, shame on you!

Yeah, that's what I've been thinking. I really dislike the squeeky-clean state of his armor and equipements, you'd think they just came out of the forge. I mean, the Batmen games did a great job at deteriorating his armor and shit, but I guess that's the perks of fixed gear.

bozia2012

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again!
Yeah, that's what I've been thinking. I really dislike the squeeky-clean state of his armor and equipements, you'd think they just came out of the forge. I mean, the Batmen games did a great job at deteriorating his armor and shit, but I guess that's the perks of fixed gear.
Oh, how I loved the deteriorating state of Catwoman's suit.

Witcher has scabbards though - this is like tachyons, yo.

Doktor Best

Arcane

It explains alot of your bitterness. Your asshole is still sore from the severe buttraping you guys received at the world championship semi finals. Also you're living in a country with a beautiful landscape, perfect sunny weather most of the time and gorgeous women, but then you have this shit corrupt government which takes a big fucking dump on its people on a daily basis working together with the organised crime to keep you people low.

So basically everything that brings joy to your life is football and pirated videogames you play on outdated hardware. And now people are taking it away from you, the last bastion of your humanity, by DARING to make games that are not exclusively tailored to your own personal taste! how could they! youre entitled to it!

So you see? All it takes is a bit of context to get people :)

hiver

People complain about short quests precisely done to show it to people in 5 minutes max.
It was probably mainly to show how fetch quests should be handed compared to let's say DAI
oh yeah, this is a quest they just invented for this presentation so its not like the better quests that will be in the real game.
probably, lets say its better then DAI!!!
wooo!

Also who said it is actually whole quest ?
Who did?

Because from what we learned in TW1-2 this will be probably connected to something much later in game
Did you watch the video? It is directly connected to an issue of some disease affecting Nilfgardians and their enemies.
Doesnt change the facts of it being cheap and stupid in many ways.

and frankly this quests probably was inspired by cargo quests in TW1 where also you had to deal with drowners 5m for house (protecting cargo) but also you had a choice.
So what? it doesnt change how it is designed.

As of 5m. It fits. Dude wasn't idiot (supposed soldier)
So he decided to wait next to a place full of monsters. because he wasntan idiot. aha. mhm.

He waited at probably same place shot that dude, horses instead of stopping moved without stopping and moved away from road into swamp
Why would horses stop when their driver gets suddenly killed?
Why would horses then go straight into a fucking swamp? because thats horses usually do - go into swamps?

dude got to that cargo started ransacking it
he started ransacking it?

but monsters showed and he run away but not so far to loose cargo.
How would he loose cargo by moving further away - in order not to get killed by monsters? hey, maybe he knows the radius in which monsters Ai disengages.

So he waited near it for monsters to eat horse
Seems drowners dont like to eat horses... at all. Even with that waiting Gerold did for who knows what fucking reason.

and move away where he met Geralt.
because he knew a witcher will be coming by, right? or because a soldier of guerrilla squads in enemy territory thinks its great to move 20 meters away (approx of course) and then just wait there... as long as it fucking takes for that stupid Witcher to come by and that exclamation mark to get clicked on.

So he send you to deal with monsters telling sobby story so you would accept it.
Because Geralt cant hear his heart beating the first time, only the second time.

What was wrong with that quest imo was that he should do better job at telling lies but at same time this also didn't fit video idea.
Yup, thats the only thing thats liek, wrong there... :lol:

They probably had to do it.

IT's 5 min video promotion to show people that TW3 quests are different from normal RPGs quests.
:rofl:

And this was even traditional fetch quest. Go get the box.

:hmmm:

In DAI would be something like:

Welcome here is your mission. Status update go get the box ! you go there and kill monsters. back to dude and dude gives you +REPUTATION UP+ points.
:yeah:

- achievement unlocked!! better that DA:I!!

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom