Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tytus

Arcane
Eurogamer made an article about the previous Witcher game from the 90s:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-06-16-the-witcher-game-that-never-was

cB26TWJ.png

GZ7ISWr.png

gvaGdP1.png

6p82zB5.png

towSs3V.jpg

C1Z3Z7i.png

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Tytus

Arcane
The word is that the pre-load for the Xbone is already available. The mysteries of the console gaming peasants may forever be hidden from me. But doesn't pre-loading a game 32 days before release seem a little...odd?

That's because it is finished, went gold today

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-goes-gold
But why do we have to wait more then a month? :negative:

Console verification bullshit. As PC gamers we shouldn't be forced to wait for consoletards if the game is done. But Microsft people would shit themselves if the game came out on PC before coming out on Xbox One.

krist2

Augur
Patron
Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
The word is that the pre-load for the Xbone is already available. The mysteries of the console gaming peasants may forever be hidden from me. But doesn't pre-loading a game 32 days before release seem a little...odd?

That's because it is finished, went gold today

http://gematsu.com/2015/04/the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-goes-gold
But why do we have to wait more then a month? :negative:

Now they have a month to make a big juicy day 1 patch ;)

Perkel

Arcane
Ok new news. Looks like potatoes really are trying to hit Oblivion checkbox:

"We're fully localising The Witcher 3 to Portuguese," he says, grinning. "Full voice-over: 300-hours of audio recordings with 81 actors."

There's 300 hours of audio recordings spoken by over 800 npcs. Geralt has around 70,000 lines of dialogue.

Wasn't oblivion like 1000+npcs ?
also 81 actors is more than 3 in skyrim

IT wouldn't be first time where potatoes will go better than eng version of game:

Skyrim charater - eng vo - pl vo - notice how many npcs have same v actors where in pl version each one is different
Esbern Max von Sydow Wiktor Zborowski
Arngeir Christopher Plummer Krzysztof Kowalewski
Paarthurnax Charles Martinet Piotr Fronczewski
Delphine Joan Allen Anna Gajewska
Generał Tullius Michael Hagon Henryk Talar
Ulfric Gromowładny Vladimir Kulich Zbigniew Konopka
Amaund Motierre Alexander Brandon Tomasz Bednarek
Cycero Andrew Morris Jarosław Domin
Mercer Frey Stephen Russell Jacek Król
Clavicus Złośliwy Stephen Russell Paweł Galia
Barbas Stephen Russell Mirosław Wieprzewski
Vaermina Carla Delaney Jolanta Wołłejko-Plucińska
Odahviing Charles Dennis Wojciech Machnicki
Elenwen Jean Gilpin Beata Kawka
Meridia Jean Gilpin Jolanta Wołłejko-Plucińska
Boethiah Jean Gilpin Małgorzata Gudejko-Masalska
Hakon Jedno-Oko Paul Ganus Paweł Ciołkosz
Molag Bal Christopher Smith Miłogost Reczek
Astrid Cindy Robinson Anna Apostolakis-Gluzińska
Gallus Craig Sechler Paweł Galia
Peryite Craig Sechler Cezary Nowak
Hircyn Craig Sechler / Daniel Riordan Grzegorz Pawlak
Alduin Daniel Riordan Tomasz Marzecki
Maven Czarna-Róża Elisa Gabrielli Bożena Furczyk
Delvin Mallory Enn Reitel Mirosław Zbrojewicz
Nazir Erik Todd Dellums Klaudiusz Kaufmann
Vex Kari Wahlgren Barbara Melzer
Gormlaith Złoty-Jelec Lynda Carter Ewa Kania-Grochowska
Azura Lynda Carter Elżbieta Kijowska-Rozen
Kodlak Białowłosy Michael Donovan Jacek Mikołajczak
Malacath Michael Donovan Grzegorz Pawlak
Tsun Thor Edgell Tomasz Borkowski
Mirabelle Ervine Mozhan Mamo Agnieszka Kunikowska
Namira Mozhan Mamo Magdalena Krylik-Gruziel
Karliah Moira Quirk Brygida Turowska
Galmar Kamienna-Pięść Paul Eiding Piotr Bąk
Septimus Signus Paul Eiding Dariusz Odija
Felldir Stary Paul Eiding Stefan Knothe
Brynjolf Robin Atkin Downes Robert Tondera
Mefala Coleen Delany Anna Zawiślak
Mehrunes Dagon Victor Raider Wexler Mikołaj Müller
Hermaeus Mora Wes Johnson Mariusz Leszczyński
Cesarz Wes Johnson Adam Bauman
Sheogorath Wes Johnson Jan Kulczycki
Hadvar Jonas Fisch Grzegorz Kwiecień

tuluse

Arcane
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Is this going to pass New Vegas for most voiced dialog? Wasn't their record 65 thousand lines across all characters?

Roguey

Perkel

Arcane
Also in other news. Looks like game will have partial scalling of wepons.
Some weapons will be set but most will be scaled.

though i can't find a link where i read that. It was in one interview.

Is this going to pass New Vegas for most voiced dialog? Wasn't their record 65 thousand lines across all characters?

Roguey

At 70 lines for MC i think they might as well probably be close to PST.

Though i think most of it is for different outcomes of quests and events same as in TW2. CDPR already said that some villages, npcs etc will be dead or not depending on outcome of quests and since they said that they will be trying to do TW1 style quests more instead of TW2 main branch dialogues could multiply quickly.

DraQ

Arcane
That's not relevant, we're talking about scaling items, not enemies

If that's really true, my guess is that the system is set up so that weapons and armor are the main determinant of your power level, so getting too-powerful weapons early would really crush the difficulty level.
Which shouldn't be the case in a fucking Witcher game in the first place.

BelisariuS.F

Augur
Too bad the real game will not look even half as good as those bullshots.
wat, those are from gameplay trailer that wasn't even recorded on highest setting

So?
So they are not bullshots.

Is this also the date when you started gaming? I can think of no other reason why someone would be this gullible even after the decade of nonending bullshots. The potato PR department must be rubbing their hands greedily as people are still eating up promo material as the real thing.
Do you realize that you can fire up the latest trailer, pause it at specific moments and compare it with the screenshots?
But why am I asking, you already did the research before you spoke, right?

Your point?
Do you know what a bullshot is?

A lie. Something that is not truthful or indicative of what the end product will truly look like. Done for PR purposes because gullible people are easily wowed by shiny promotional images.

So you don't fully know. Bullshot is not just a shiny promotional image that is not truthful or indicative of what the end product will truly look like. It's a doctored and manipulated image. Screenshot that shows a scene directly from a trailer is not a bullshot.

kek, that's exactly what I said. When games are made the devs always go with a high poly count and then start downgrading from there until they find the targeted sweet spot that'll work on as many machines as possible. With deductive reasoning (open world, has to work on consoles, devs don't want to "offend" console users by making the PC versions look too much better and it requires extra work to do so anyway (devs are lazy)) anyone can see that these images are not at that sweet spot yet. Claiming that the pics aren't bullshots because they are taken from a video is pretty dumb as well. Where do you think every bullshot comes from, then? Thin air? Think harder about their origin.
Bullshots have nothing to do with downgrading. They are created by deliberately enhancing actual screenshots to make them look better. Period.

The game you are white knighting is so poor that you cannot defend it on its own merits so you've stooped to try and win a semantic argument instead.
I'm not white knighting anything (I care more about artistic design of the Witcher 3 than if the graphics is advanced enough). I'm just pointing out that you've made a blatantly incorrect accusation (my original comment resulted from my irritation of people throwing accusations without even bothering to consider facts that go against their accusation).

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

Roguey
Yep.

They might pull off the cinematic open world synthesis after all. Only in Poland (or any other country where you can make a game for much less than its American dollar equivalent).

Perkel

Arcane

Roguey
Yep.

They might pull off the cinematic open world synthesis after all. Only in Poland (or any other country where you can make a game for much less than its American dollar equivalent).

Well they will reap global prices instead of polish ones (like in TW2 case and TW1) so they probably invested a lot in it.

In other news. Maybe we will see something from C2077 at E3. Two years ago they announced working on it and next year E3 will be 3rd year much to close to 2016 release.

Paul_cz

Arcane
In other news. Maybe we will see something from C2077 at E3. Two years ago they announced working on it and next year E3 will be 3rd year much to close to 2016 release.
Doubt it. I think the original plan was to have 2 teams working on both games in parallel, but as features crept into TW3 majority of the team moved over to it and C2077 has been put on backburner. I expect to see it next year, if even that.
As Badowski said, "this year belongs to the Witcher".

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
That first combat vid looks ok, but it also convinces me this game is probably not for me. Is action combat (which is my least favorite anyway) actually possible without old and repetitive adhd jumping and rolling shit which gives you rsi after playing for an hour?

Zeriel

Arcane
That first combat vid looks ok, but it also convinces me this game is probably not for me. Is action combat (which is my least favorite anyway) actually possible without old and repetitive adhd jumping and rolling shit which gives you rsi after playing for an hour?

Do you get RSI from typing forum posts?

I've never had issues with input-heavy games that primarily use the keyboard. The only games that kind of fuck you over are ones that primarily use the mouse and have lots of actions in a short time frame (RTS, Diablo clones, etc).

Zeriel

Arcane
I doubt that loot scaling will seriously affect my enjoyment of the game... but it's a shit design decision that has to be called out.

Loot scaling always affects my enjoyment of a game, and usually pretty heavily. Honestly that's my biggest complaint of modern popamole "RPGs", not the myriad other fundamental flaws they have, but that handplaced loot is so completely gone. Awful item design is why even old-school revival acts like Pillars of Eternity feel so shit to me.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
ffs quote pyramid

:butthurt: You are very upset about people not adhering to your limited pragmatic definitions. You're coming off as an autistic kid who loses his shit each time he thinks someone is doing something wrong (i.e the way you don't do things).

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteGuts

Arcane
Whoever keeps changing the titles, I have to say : it's FUCKING FUNNY.

There, now you can leave it the fuck alone.

A horse of course

WhiteGuts is obviously amused by your shenanigans, dear moderators. Please apply the same brand of humour to his profile.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom