Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition mod fixes mostly combat.

veskoandroid

Educated
Lol unless you've not just joking pls give me morr details

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
That was why I dropped W3EE - I was never sure if the disabling of levels is really compensated by the learn-by-use system, because I didn't know when to expect evidence that it works. Also the lack of any progression made the game feel dull.

veskoandroid

Educated
Well im playin it and the combat is very quircky compared to vanilla, but manageable, and yes i prefer leveling system for player and items level requirement, but hey, its fun playing it differently. I had a bug of some percentage in skill and sign trees not showing (strong attacks and second alchemy tree) and had to reinstall the whole game, to discover that out of all possible mods the culprit was font mod freaking rofl.

Oh and there is new gwent mod made from independent gwent pc game - gwent the witcher card game extra cards. Freaking long name but mod is great, breathes fresh air. For those who want to install it and may not understand priority setting, give patch zero (0) priority in mods.settings w3ee normal (1) priority and leave gtwcg mod wo priority, that way will be respectful to instructions and works.

Falksi

Arcane
Have they released a mod which fixes the main quest, and makes it actually interesting & less torturous yet?

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well im playin it and the combat is very quircky compared to vanilla, but manageable, and yes i prefer leveling system for player and items level requirement, but hey, its fun playing it differently. I had a bug of some percentage in skill and sign trees not showing (strong attacks and second alchemy tree) and had to reinstall the whole game, to discover that out of all possible mods the culprit was font mod freaking rofl.

Oh and there is new gwent mod made from independent gwent pc game - gwent the witcher card game extra cards. Freaking long name but mod is great, breathes fresh air. For those who want to install it and may not understand priority setting, give patch zero (0) priority in mods.settings w3ee normal (1) priority and leave gtwcg mod wo priority, that way will be respectful to instructions and works.
I like it when combat is resolved with a couple of sword swings when against humans/non-humans. Maybe I should do some configuring of the difficulty in Ghost mode on an enemy type-level, because when a monster kills me in a couple of strokes, it's not as fun as melee combat with humanoids.

I've been cautious about installing gwent mods, because I worry they would break the balance (as much as there is such a thing). Is this mod really reliable?

veskoandroid

Educated
Well im also worries, as in if its messed you cant cleanly uninstall as stated on mod page, but so far its working no pro on new game. I even reinstalled bc of mentioned numbers problem and cards returned to the proper order, so it works fine so far. Recommend it.
Needs new game.

Zer0wing

Cipher
I have no other place to ask frankly, so...

Is there a mod for just manual targeting?

AwesomeButton

Patron
I'm playing W3EE. I know loot has been nerfed seriously, but I'm just curious where would I be able to find meteorite ore in order to craft some armor.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
why are all those witcher threads back to the surface, is the toilet clogged ?

Edit : oh no this is the cdpr sub, I thought I was in the general RPG...

razvedchiki

Erudite
anyone tried the ee redux mod? changes a lot of things from base ee but my monke brain doesnt compute if its for better or for worse.
the retarded decision to flatline all loot is still in.

AwesomeButton

Patron
anyone tried the ee redux mod? changes a lot of things from base ee but my monke brain doesnt compute if its for better or for worse.
the retarded decision to flatline all loot is still in.
I think it's the "right" EE mod. It's supposed to be less hardcore than the EE mod on its own.

The mod is good, but the game wasn't meant to be played like that if you are completionist and want to go through every random encounter, as opposed to circumventing random spawning groups. Sometimes it's not worth it to spend an hour of trial and error trying to kill 5 drowners for a chest of seawater-soaked trash loot. :) Fighting 4-5 ghous for a monster nest can become a challenge that takes up lots of time.

Encounters which can be forgettable in vanilla become crazy difficult - unless you develop mounted combat skills.

razvedchiki

Erudite
i have completed the game with ee installed, for trash mobs i just brute hacked my way to the loot - no way im gonna spent 10 mins of "you dont undestand man you have to doge then parry then dodge then parry then dodge" crap. i have accepted that there is no way around the action combat, just wanna see if someone will finally throw away the MMO loot system and make something closer to witcher 1 equipment progresion, with much less but stronger upgrades.

razvedchiki

Erudite
pretty much everywhere that there wasnt a single tough mob, spammed bombs and hacked away.
sure you can finish all fights pretty much naked without taking a hit but i really cant bother.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom