Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 3 delayed AGAIN to May 19th

Paul_cz

Arcane
Fun fact:

Witcher 1 was released october 2007 PC only

Witcher 2 was released may 2011, 43 months after Witcher 1, PC only.

Witcher 3 will be released may 2015, 48 months after Witcher 2, on 3 platforms simultaneously.

Now consider scope and complexity.

Plus the X360 version took time and effort, plus the enhanced editions..

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Jesus Christ, some idiot on Neogaf says that he is a CD Projekt guy, and he states that the game is a mess, and everybody is sucking up his words. How can you give a random nobody so much credit?

Also the guy says: EDIT: Just to some up my messy line of thinking - don't preorder tha game (especially on consols)

Who the fuck cares if the console version is shit?
maybe because they check your story on neogaf? admin ban you if you cant back up your story and that guy talking shit about CDProjekt was verified so fuck you
And I've read on the CDP forums, that this "verified" guy is just an indie dev, who has nothing to do with CDP. So fucking what? Just because some NeoGAF admin says something, I won't suck it up.

And what does it mean that they check your story? Do you know what does it mean? You must show ID card? Show your contract with CDP?

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Jesus Christ, some idiot on Neogaf says that he is a CD Projekt guy, and he states that the game is a mess, and everybody is sucking up his words. How can you give a random nobody so much credit?

Also the guy says: EDIT: Just to some up my messy line of thinking - don't preorder tha game (especially on consols)

maybe because they check your story on neogaf? admin ban you if you cant back up your story and that guy talking shit about CDProjekt was verified so fuck you
And I've read on the CDP forums, that this "verified" guy is just an indie dev, who has nothing to do with CDP. So fucking what? Just because some NeoGAF admin says something, I won't suck it up.

Grimoire will be released before Witcher 3, fact.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

My dear newfag, maybe you haven't learnt that Grimoire is vaporware? It won't get released. EVER!

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

My dear newfag, maybe you haven't learnt that Grimoire is vaporware? It won't get released. EVER!

3 bugs remaining.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
I remember when people thought this game was going to go head-to-head with Dragon Age: Inquisition. Who knows, maybe CD Projekt are in trouble.
Why would a delay be an indication of trouble? It seems obvious the game just needs more work, which isn't surprising considering its scope. I'm glad they're delaying. If Ubisoft had delayed Assassin's Creed Unity to make the release bug-free, would people be saying they were in trouble?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
They could always release it as it is and save their company (if they are in trouble) and release an enhanced edition later :cool:

Seems to be standard procedure for Cd projekt red

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Dear Gamers,

Nice and subtle.

DAI exercised scope control by making DA2 with larger levels (much like I said they would), Witcher 3's going all-in with the the merging of Bioware and Bethesda style RPGing. Hope it's not too much of a death march, potatoes.

Darkzone

Arcane
Dear Roguey,
Potatoes survive everything. Two men with funny mustaches tried to get rid of them and they failed, because the potatoes had also men with funny mustaches. The jews tried to buy them off, and they failed. Potatoes are used to fight against overwhelming numbers (at least 3 to 1) and with very low chances for success. They were between the hammer and the anvil, and still they are here. They are the natural born survivors. My bet is on them.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Dear Roguey,
Potatoes survive everything. Two men with funny mustaches tried to get rid of them and they failed, because the potatoes had also men with funny mustaches. The jews tried to buy them off, and they failed. Potatoes are used to fight against overwhelming numbers (at least 3 to 1) and with very low chances for success. They were between the hammer and the anvil, and still they are here. They are the natural born survivors. My bet is on them.

Still, they are just normal potatoes, nondescript and lacking any kind of flavor. Any kind of incline to come out of Tubers will be coming from sweet potatoes.

Darkzone

Arcane
Still, they are just normal potatoes, nondescript and lacking any kind of flavor. Any kind of incline to come out of Tubers will be coming from sweet potatoes.
They can only offer a flavor, which is part of their life: sex, violence, shady politics, drugs, Rock N Roll and more sex.

lurker3000

Arcane
Well this delay will allow me to get past that giant crab thing I've been stuck at for 2 years.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Fun fact:

Witcher 1 was released october 2007 PC only

Witcher 2 was released may 2011, 43 months after Witcher 1, PC only.

Witcher 3 will be released may 2015, 48 months after Witcher 2, on 3 platforms simultaneously.

Now consider scope and complexity.

Plus the X360 version took time and effort, plus the enhanced editions..

Here are couple more fun facts:
CDProject never created an open world game.
They promised no MMO style quests AT ALL!!
The whole area is suppose to be a lot bigger then in Skyrim
The games budget is about 3 times less then Skyrim budget
Graphics in a new trailer looks noticeably worse then in a previous trailer.
Both Witchers were REALLY buggy and poorly optimized and both needed Enhanced editions.
Oh almost forgot!! They promised no more delays.

Good God!! Did Gothic 3 never taught anyone anything????

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
Which piervoius trailers? "Killing monsters" and Official Intro was made by Platige Image, best Polish company specialized in 3d animation and these two are made in dedicated software. VGX trailer and this new trailer are made in-engine by CDP-Red. Dude from team responsible for these two trailers said on Max3D.pl (he was asked why new one looks worse than old one):
Hih, swiatlo sloneczne i ladne kolorki zawsze robily lepsze wrazenie, niz overcasty ;)
Silnik ten sam, modele te same.
Sunlight and nice colours always looks better than overcasts. It's the same engine and the same models.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Good God!! Did Gothic 3 never taught anyone anything????
First time I see someone mention the comparison. Still scarred from that one. Been worried about a similar result for a while now.

Also dont forget. CDProject recently mentioned that the whole game can be completed already, including the side quests. That they are just polishing the game! And then suddenly another delay! 7 months is way to long to just "polish" the game but not nearly enough to make some huge and significant changes.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Which piervoius trailers? "Killing monsters" and Official Intro was made by Platige Image, best Polish company specialized in 3d animation and these two are made in dedicated software. VGX trailer and this new trailer are made in-engine by CDP-Red. Dude from team responsible for these two trailers said on Max3D.pl (he was asked why new one looks worse than old one):
Hih, swiatlo sloneczne i ladne kolorki zawsze robily lepsze wrazenie, niz overcasty ;)
Silnik ten sam, modele te same.
Sunlight and nice colours always looks better than overcasts. It's the same engine and the same models.

No, not Killing Monsters! VGX trailer looks a lot better then the one that came out few days ago. Just look at the God awful textures on Wild Hunt monsters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom