Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 3 delayed AGAIN to May 19th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

CD Projekt's official Witcher site regretfully informs us today that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt has been delayed yet again. The new release date is May 19th, 2015. Since they've pinpointed an exact date this time, let's hope this is the final delay. Here's the full apology:

Dear Gamers,

Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.

The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio’s history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.

With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.

We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It’s a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologize and ask for your trust.

Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so.

The Board of CD PROJEKT SA
I remember when people thought this game was going to go head-to-head with Dragon Age: Inquisition. Who knows, maybe CD Projekt are in trouble.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
So this is why GOG is having so many sales lately - CDP is patching the money hole because the game is not done yet and they probably are already way over projected budget.

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
There is some drama with CDProjekt- but I have no clue about buisness english vocabulary so I cannot translate it for you. But iw was something like that- owners who founded CDP sold some shares last year and other shaleholders were quite unhappy about it. Also CDP.pl had 1 milion PLN of loss last year and CDProjekt want to cancel cooperaion with them. Some people (especially in Polish art community) was worried that first one will disturb W3 production (but probably won't, because they sold these shares to rebuild some historical building or something like this, which is their side project, not because they have problems in CDP).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
There is some drama with CDProjekt- but I have no clue about buisness english vocabulary so I cannot translate it for you. But iw was something like that- owners who founded CDP sold some shares last year and other shaleholders were quite unhappy about it. Also CDP.pl had 1 milion PLN of loss last year and CDProjekt want to cancel cooperaion with them. Some people (especially in Polish art community) was worried that first one will disturb W3 production (but probably won't, because they sold these shares to rebuild some historical building or something like this, which is their side project, not because they have problems in CDP).

Feel free to post if there's an online source for that.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
Wticher 3 cancelled in April. Calling it now.

It has shit combat anyway, nothing of value will be lost.

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard

Feel free to post if there's an online source for that.

Yes there is.

CDP is selling itself

http://www.eurogamer.pl/articles/2014-11-27-cd-projekt-sprzedaje-cdp-pl-firme-przejmuja-menedzerowie

CDP Red is owned by CDP, so Red will run out of money soon, bye bye Witcher 3.

The ship is sinking, the rats are running away.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

Haha, sorry, but nobody cancels a game of this caliber so close to completion.

Besides, these guys have already been close to bankruptcy before, so they can handle it. :M

Makabb

Arcane
Shitposter Bethestard
2myw49f.jpg

Self-Ejected

supervoid

Self-Ejected
What Makabb posted and there is one about selling stocks (not shares) http://www.eurogamer.pl/articles/20...czesc-posiadanych-akcji-uspokajaja-inwestorow
and their official statement on this case https://www.cdprojekt.com/Press_Room/Aktualnosci,news_id,1925
They also once sued Polish State Treasury over some decision that resoulted in losses for Optimus S.A. (company that absorbed CDProjektRed and changed name later) not really related but was drama too https://www.cdprojekt.com/Press_Room/Aktualnosci,news_id,2281
also one about selling 5% of CDP.pl shares to managers in 2013 https://www.cdprojekt.com/Press_Room/Aktualnosci,news_id,2023

maybe somebody will summarize these news? For me it doesn't looks bad, they are selling CDP.pl because it's unprofitabble, stock selling was bad PR decision but nothing that will lead them to bankruptcy. This can lead to less profit from Witcher because somebody could get scared and not preorder game but nothing more I guess.

Deleted member 7219

This is one of the most stupid things I've ever read on the Codex.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Dear Gamers,

Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.

The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio’s history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.

With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.

We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It’s a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologize and ask for your trust.

Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so.

The Board of CD PROJEKT SA
Vetd1fN.jpg

Jesus Christ, some idiot on Neogaf says that he is a CD Projekt guy, and he states that the game is a mess, and everybody is sucking up his words. How can you give a random nobody so much credit?

Also the guy says: EDIT: Just to some up my messy line of thinking - don't preorder tha game (especially on consols)

Who the fuck cares if the console version is shit?
maybe because they check your story on neogaf? admin ban you if you cant back up your story and that guy talking shit about CDProjekt was verified so fuck you :smug:

>latest trailer looks like shit
>"b-bu-but i-iits a-all be-because of compresion guys i swear it!"
>next week game gest delayed

:lol::lol::lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom