Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Expansion

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
First screenshots: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...ne-screenshots-show-grand-new-city-and-palace

The first screenshots of second Witcher 3 expansion, Blood and Wine, have been released. They show a grand city and the palace of Beauclair basking in the sun, as well as a vineyard in the new Toussaint region, which is famed for its wine.

Blood and Wine is due in the first half of 2016, and will offer an adventure lasting 20 hours. It takes place in a large new area that we're told is visually unlike anything in the game so far. It certainly appears different in these new shots.

Toussaint, the new area, is apparently untainted by war - but hides a bloody secret. And, you know what, I bet that secret involves monsters.

The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine will be available as part of the £20 Season Pass or alone for an as yet undisclosed amount. Given that Hearts of Stone, the first expansion, was £7.99, I'd expect this one to be around the £14 price or higher - so as to make the Season Pass a visibly better deal.

144959155195.png

144959154186.png

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Before people unavoidably complain about too much colors, that's how Toussaint is portraited in the books. This is how its supposed to look.

Perkel

Arcane
Whom can you fuck?

Assuming Vigo is there... Vigo. Vigo i think also was cousin to the queen.

Also worth noting is that 20h is planned story content for main story of expansion not whole thing. Just like 10h story of Hearths of Stone is actually something like 20h.

TW3 was supposed to be 50h main events and in the end i did it in around 90 hours basically skipping and saving most of the quests for second playtrough.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Top one has to be a render of some sort, it looks way too good and the far-detail shadows look way too good.

Second one I know is in-game but the shadow distance has been cranked up, a lot of those shadows under the roofs usually only come into view when the player gets close to the building. Same with foliage shadows.

Frozen

Arcane
Apparently Vilgefortz (the main villain from the books) dying words where something about blood&wine so some speculate that they could have him return as end boss.
I read all the books and don't remember that at all...he said nothing in my translation before Geralt killed him, so it could be made up....or its somewhere else in dialogues.

Perkel

Arcane
Apparently Vilgefortz (the main villain from the books) dying words where something about blood&wine so some speculate that they could have him return as end boss.
I read all the books and don't remember that at all...he said nothing in my translation before Geralt killed him, so it could be made up....or its somewhere else in dialogues.

That would be mega retarded and i also don't remember it.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Vilgefortz will not be returning, CDP are not that retarded.

That said I hope they are retarded enough to bring back Regis because I want to meet the old boy again.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
Why not? It's a separate adventure that almost certainly takes place after the main quest. There are plenty of possible reasons for Geralt to go there.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Vilgefortz will not be returning, CDP are not that retarded.

That said I hope they are retarded enough to bring back Regis because I want to meet the old boy again.

Will he have healed enough after "dying" at Stygga? Fucking hope so anyway.

moon knight

Matt7895's alt
Why not? It's a separate adventure that almost certainly takes place after the main quest. There are plenty of possible reasons for Geralt to go there.

Problem is
1) There is no "after" after the main quest, since the game brings the world state back as it was before the final quest.
2) The expansion is accessible even during the mid game.

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
1) There is no "after" after the main quest, since the game brings the world state back as it was before the final quest.
That's why it's a good idea to set the expansion in a completely different area and separate it from the dead post-MQ game world.

With a level requirement of 35+, most likely. It's a pretty common "problem" with RPG expansions (why would you just go wandering about the Sword Coast in BG1, or leave the Mojave in New Vegas?), but here it's pretty much a non-issue because of Geralt's profession and the fact that you can start it after having already finished the main quest.

The only real problem I see is that with some endings it doesn't make that much sense for Geralt to be witchering around after concluding his business with the Wild Hunt, but there are probably ways around that.

Paul_cz

Arcane

Problem is

Actually even the Hearts of Stone worked pretty well if taken as taking place after the ending. The ending slides about Geralt taking baths with Yennefer and eating breakfast late are nice and all, but it is obvious sooner or later Geralt goes on Path again. Yennefer can be in Vengerberg or whatever, Ciri is in Nilfgaard...and Geralt fucks around Novigrad and later Toussaint. Works for me.

Will he have healed enough after "dying" at Stygga? Fucking hope so anyway.

If we went strictly according to books, he would need couple centuries to heal from that, if it was even possible. But CDP could come up with some explanation or whatever. Or it could even be a flashback or something.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
How does CDPR produce content so fast? These guys are on fire.
Puts Bethesda and Bioware to shame.

I will wait until they are done with all the expansions / DLC they are doing (I bought the season pass) then replay the game from scratch with all this shit installed.

Perkel

Arcane
How does CDPR produce content so fast? These guys are on fire.
Puts Bethesda and Bioware to shame.

I will wait until they are done with all the expansions / DLC they are doing (I bought the season pass) then replay the game from scratch with all this shit installed.

This is me. Waiting for Blood and Wine to do next playtrough. Though after several people telling me 1st expansion is really fucking good it is hard to wait.

As for content. I don't have a clue. They probably have some crazy pipeline. They also use like shitload of middleware for everything.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Uh, it's not that fast. The game came out in May.

Game Came out in May - Already one expansion done and the next actually has production level vertical slices.
That's pretty fast for -quality- content, we won't see our first DLC for Fallout 4 until Mid-Late 2016. (The quality will probably be shit and the quantity of content will likely be half of this)

Neanderthal

Arcane
Anybody see a pattern ere? Them quests they added in to Witcher 2 (chapter 3) were probably best parts o game arguably, especially Iorveth's, seems like they do better when focused cause that Heart o Stone were dogs fucking bollocks, as opposed to base games good but flawed.

Perkel

Arcane
Uh, it's not that fast. The game came out in May.

Apperently first expansion IS 20h and doesn't feel like "just" expansion.

Second one will add huge map to explore and CDPR said they plan something like 20-30h mc in their view which is like 40-50 in our view. (they said mc of TW3 will be 50h and 50h sidequests, i finished game at 97h and didn't touch most of the sidequest and like just two quest in skellige).

Also did you play TW3 Infinitron ?

I mean Just Velen/Novigrad map is just mindbogglingly huge considering you travel most of it on horse and everything seems to be handmade instead of being painted on with tree brush.

And then you reach Skellige and you really start wondering if they have some deal with russian mafia for truckloads of amphetamine for devs.

edit:

I think it is safe to assume that both of expansions will replicate area of size of at least Velen alone if not more. Even 3/4 of that map would be huge considering it will be just a year time and bulk of their team already is working on CB2077.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom