Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Witcher 3: Blood and Wine Expansion Launch Trailer and Reviews

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: CD Projekt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine

The second and final Witcher 3 expansion, Blood and Wine, comes out next week. As with the first expansion, CD Projekt have published the launch trailer ahead of time. It's got knights, princesses, vampires and terrible music:

The expansion itself seems to be less terrible, at least according to the reviews that showed up across the Internet a short while ago:

Plus two highly positive "reviews-in-progress" at GameSpot and USGamer. According to Marcin Iwinski, this is probably Geralt's final adventure, so it's good that he's going out on a high note.

Neanderthal

Arcane
Shoulda stuck to Chopin.

Bit worried about lighter tone, retard journalists like squeein cheesy shit that Bioware does an I prefer vulgar Chaucerish humour that other Witcher games use.

Paul_cz

Arcane
I dont get it. CDP had to know people would be bitching about the music, so why use it ffs.

himmy

Arcane
Don't have an issue with the music, even if it's obviously some sort of early 2000s nu-metal. I welcome anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, that isn't typical dramatic trailer music. Why even have music if it's going to be the same fucking strings crescendo in everything?

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
Don't have an issue with the music, even if it's obviously some sort of early 2000s nu-metal. I welcome anything, and I do mean ANYTHING, that isn't typical dramatic trailer music. Why even have music if it's going to be the same fucking strings crescendo in everything?
At least it isn't the CP2077 teaser music.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Do any of the dlc change the ending in some way?
That is, should I load a pre-ending save and redo it after completing dlc content, or it is ok to just load the post-ending save to play them?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do any of the dlc change the ending in some way?
That is, should I load a pre-ending save and redo it after completing dlc content, or it is ok to just load the post-ending save to play them?

No, they just occasionally add some extra dialogue to a few characters.

For example: if you complete Heart of Stone you can talk to Vesemir about an old flame of his.

Septaryeth

Augur
Tags: CD Projekt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt; The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Blood and Wine
Plus two highly positive "reviews-in-progress" at GameSpot and USGamer. According to Marcin Iwinski, this is probably Geralt's final adventure, so it's good that he's going out on a high note.

Remind me again why they didn't pitch that concept for Witcher 3, instead of recycling almost everything they did with Witcher 1? :roll:
It wouldn't even be that much of a let down if they continue from where they left off at the end of Witcher 2...

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I'd rather see the announcement of Geralt's retirement as a chance for the game they should've started with in the first place: a crpg with full character creation set in the witcher universe. Though it's not like I like their take on action rpgs anyway, so whatever.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom