Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 3 Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
They were good for at least one Chapter at least. Better than becoming obsolete pronto.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
were there any info about how the game will consider your choices from previous games?
Good to know. On PC, would my older save games grant me some sort of bonus content or would my previous choices affect the game world in any way?

I cannot confirm this yet, but we're definitely looking at it on the PC side. We don't want to disappoint our PC fan base as we know mechanics like this are very important to them.
okay, thanks.

though I don't have any saves...

Folks on the official witcher forums were kind enough to provide a save with a very specific combination of choices from TW1 for me, so I'm sure you'll find someone there with an appropriate save from TW2.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Apparently, as one of the Polish business websites is reporting, TW3 is in something of a beta state currently. It's possible to finish the whole game, the only work remaining is polish and optimization.

EA is probably wondering why they aren't releasing the game right away.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
i was going to get witcher 3, but now that kingdom come's combat test alpha comes out in 6 months for its backers, i don't see the point anymore.
Have fun with you broken alpha version of Kingdom Come. Jesus, it is not even the alpha of the full game, just the combat mechanic.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Apparently, as one of the Polish business websites is reporting, TW3 is in something of a beta state currently. It's possible to finish the whole game, the only work remaining is polish and operationalization.

EA is probably wondering why they aren't releasing the game right away.
Once it's released, it's still going to take them an extra year to get out of beta.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
3 new screens and new forums were released.
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/
The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt__Geralt_travels_through_war_ravaged_territory.png

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt__You_never_know_what_waits_around_the_corner.png

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt__Mysterious_swamps_are_often_full_of_dangers.png

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Jeez, those guys sure know how to make some beautiful environments.

it looks nice but will be undoubtedly broken shit on launch.i will wait for witcher 3 : super ultimate enchanced edition which should come out about year later.:M

or you could play it on xbox one, devs said there will be no difference in graphics quality between consoles and pc version:troll:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Twitcher World sure has become a whole lot browner and duller. Must be trying extra hard for those US dollars.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
wonder where do they find inspirations
There are plenty of PoE screenshots with color. Furthermore
So in terms of color palettes and how exaggerated or not exaggerated armor is, how much magic is in the world, there’s a kind of tight band for how much of that stuff you should be seeing and how it’s presented. If we showed them a game that looked as colorful as League of Legends or a game that looked as clamped-down as The Witcher, I think both of those are out-of-bounds. The Infinity Engine games were both more exaggerated and more colorful than The Witcher—by the way, I think The Witcher looks awesome. But the Infinity Engine games were a little more saturated, a little more colorful. The armor and weapons were a little more exaggerated.

hiver

well, you know... one comment by roquey based on three screens of a single area in the game and retarded codex talks about the game being browned for five pages. Discussing nothing, saying nothing - all completely useless waste of bandwith and electrons.

Im kinda expecting this to be a decent game. If they manage to stay away from most vomit inducing mass market "mechanics" and additions... A sort of Skyrim good looking sandbox but with content, characters, dialogues, quests and stories that makes sense and may be even interesting.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Saying that the Witcher 3 or PoE are either of them brown or dull is equally idiotic.
Two of those screens were extremely brown and the town was far more desaturated than anything in the previous two games.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom