Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition

Gord

Arcane
Sounds interesting. Might give it a try. Hope he has "optimized" the installer size in the meantime.

I wonder if his changes to the combat system actually discourage excessive rolling instead of just making it less necessary.

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I've been meaning to replay The Witcher 1 and 2, an extra incentive is nice.
Also I'm thinking of siding with the scoia'tael completely trough both games, as humans are just dickwads. What do you guys think? The Scoia'Tael act 2 in the second game was the best I'd say.

Toffeli

Atomkrieg, ja bitte
Patron
Wasteland 2
Sounds interesting. Might give it a try. Hope he has "optimized" the installer size in the meantime.

I wonder if his changes to the combat system actually discourage excessive rolling instead of just making it less necessary.

The linked page says it is 2GB.

hiver

RPS reported that potions will now have their old toxicity effect.
is that actually true - because i dont see it in that list?

Anyway, a really good set of improvements.

If only they could get rid of all the console shit and QTEs... it would be ... it could be an actually great game.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
I've been meaning to replay The Witcher 1 and 2, an extra incentive is nice.
Also I'm thinking of siding with the scoia'tael completely trough both games, as humans are just dickwads. What do you guys think? The Scoia'Tael act 2 in the second game was the best I'd say.
Yeah but then you'd have to betray Siegfried.

Siegfried was a true bro.

CSM

Cipher
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
There isn't one track on TW2 OST that I consider on par with such tracks as
I'd say these sound perhaps more like the Witcher 1 soundtrack:

And I really liked these as well, although they're more traditional fare perhaps:

I thought there was some pretty sweet music in The Witcher 2, although The Witcher 1 does win hands down, but I'd pretty much consider that the best game soundtrack of all time.

Gord

Arcane
If only they could get rid of all the console shit and QTEs... it would be ... it could be an actually great game.

This might interest you then (from the CDPR forums):

Flash said:
Does this completely remove quick time events and execution kill cams? : )
Changes sound fun, would like to play the game again.
Oh, good that you have remainded me about it. I'll take a look at QTE. I won't remove kill cams, however. I would need to replace them with other skill, another passive probably, so it's better to leave it that way.

Let's see what he does with that...

AbounI

Colonist
Patron

I thought there was some pretty sweet music in The Witcher 2, although The Witcher 1 does win hands down, but I'd pretty much consider that the best game soundtrack of all time.
I'd say these sound perhaps more like the Witcher 1 soundtrack:

This!!!
Even made for myself my own collector stuff from TW1
c1c76ce2d0f621430f4060196977a.jpg

bd04227b42baeff93c9a0a1a79411.jpg

A 4 tracks 12" vinyl including "City Safe" & "SeaWall" (my favorites from TW1 OST), the 2 others are the opening (alpha side) and ending tunes (omega side)

Gord

Arcane
This should be interesting to a lot of codexians and hiver specifically:

OTHER
Removed mashable quick time events. Single button QTEs that can end with player's death can be disabled from game options.

Considering that Flash is apparently on board for W3 I'll be very interested to see how this plays. FCR for W1 was really, really good within the limits of the engine.

Gerrard

Arcane
Considering that Flash is apparently on board for W3 I'll be very interested to see how this plays. FCR for W1 was really, really good within the limits of the engine.
Considering he's the person who made the combat in W2 shit in the first place?

subotaiy

Cipher
Is it only me that finds this only some marketing strategy, coinciding with E3 and all? The mod i heard is kinda bugged, nothing spectacular or revolutionary.

Cromwell

Arcane
Is it only me that finds this only some marketing strategy, coinciding with E3 and all? The mod i heard is kinda bugged, nothing spectacular or revolutionary.

since he did the same for witcher one yes think its only you.

Cromwell

Arcane
That doesnt mean anything.

so he planned into the future to make the first fcr mod, to have an excuse to make a second, at which point he will already be employed at cdproject just so he could release it shortly after e3 to generate hype for a game which is over a year old and for a game which will not releeased before nextyear? Yes that sounds entirely believable.

subotaiy

Cipher
Bleh, im too much out of fucks to give to argue with someone who misinterprets what i say or put words in my mouth. Believe what you want.

Cromwell

Arcane
newfags and their feelings, sheesh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom