Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Witch and the Hundred Knight

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Y5H9k5k.jpg

t0cQjwV.jpg

An arpg for Ps3 from NIS

Has anyone played this? I know it's out for a while but I just stumbled across it. Reviews seem to be quite average but that doesn't have to mean anything after all so I rather trust codex opinions. Because it looks kinda neat I think.

Also sorry if there's already a thread, I blame the search function then :P

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'd emulate it if i could. The description makes it sound like it has a strategic layer, which is unusual.

Machocruz

Arcane
If the reviews are average, and it's from a niche Japan developer, it's probably really fun. Sorry, that's all I got. But I may get this game myself.

Gregz

Arcane
A rape sim allowing the player to bewitch, enthrall, and sully the reputation of 100 honorable knights through nefarious means?

I for one am for this. The ladies needed a Rance series of their own, and now it has arrived.

Looks like the social justice warriors are making good progress!

Don Peste

Arcane
I've just got a PS3 for cheap, so I might try it for 75% Russian pr... Wait...

BTW, this is the list of PS3 gems I want to play (If the CPU doesn't burn fist)
Resistance
Uncharted
Haze
Killzone
Infamous
Heavy Rain
SOCOM
Starhawk
Ni no kuni
The Last of Us
Demon's Soul
Siren

Scroo

Female Quota Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex 2014 Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
If the reviews are average, and it's from a niche Japan developer, it's probably really fun.

Heh, yeh that's what I'm thinking myself. I'll probably get the game for christmas or something, too many stuff to play right now. Interesting that noone has obviously played this tho even though it's out since march. Now that's what I call niche ^^

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
I have only played it for a few hours but so far i can't say it's worth playing. Although the witch is really bad and stupid and then funny, it's basically some hack & slash.
If i return to it, i'll give you my impressions.

Machocruz

Arcane
They serve a smaller market of enthusiasts within a narrow set of genres. They specialize in and have established a reputation with a certain kind of product and presentation. That, combined with their ability to produce these at comparably low cost, is what has kept them alive among the giants. They are not mainstream, they do not have mass appeal, your average video gamer probably hasn't heard of them. They are the very definition of a niche game developer. Just because they aren't the smallest or the least visible doesn't alter this fact one bit.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Is there any overlap between this team and Zettai Hero Project's?

Because if so, I'm in.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
They serve a smaller market of enthusiasts within a narrow set of genres. They specialize in and have established a reputation with a certain kind of product and presentation. That, combined with their ability to produce these at comparably low cost, is what has kept them alive among the giants. They are not mainstream, they do not have mass appeal, your average video gamer probably hasn't heard of them. They are the very definition of a niche game developer. Just because they aren't the smallest or the least visible doesn't alter this fact one bit.

I dunno, I'm pretty sure they're fairly popular in Japan. They have to be alive (with a lot of merchandise) for a reason.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
A rape sim allowing the player to bewitch, enthrall, and sully the reputation of 100 honorable knights through nefarious means?

I for one am for this. The ladies needed a Rance series of their own, and now it has arrived.

Looks like the social justice warriors are making good progress!
if this is the game i'm thinking of there is actually a bit where the witch protagonist literally summons monsters to gang rape a defeated boss

SuicideBunny

(ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ︵ ┻━┻
Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Torment: Tides of Numenera
visual novels, ccg, fighting games/beat'em ups, jump'n runs, traditional jrpgs+roguelikes+strat rpgs, and puzzle games is not what i would call a narrow set of genres. they aren't niche in japan, and pretty much every japanese dev is niche in the west.

Machocruz

Arcane
visual novels, ccg, fighting games/beat'em ups, jump'n runs, traditional jrpgs+roguelikes+strat rpgs, and puzzle games is not what i would call a narrow set of genres. they aren't niche in japan, and pretty much every japanese dev is niche in the west.

Hmm I had a list of their games here, seemed like even the beat em ups they handled had RPG elements (Dragon's Crown). They seem to specialize in RPG related stuff with a distinct anime vibe. Key word is specialize, like how Rockstar specializes in open world games but also handle other genres. But I got the list off of that trusted source known as Wikipedia, so I'll stand corrected. From a western perspective, where AAA hype machines dominate, they look like a niche company, but the kind of stuff they do at the budget range they do it is the norm for in Japan.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom