Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Weekly/Yearly LOL Baldur's Gate sucks thread!

Sykar

Arcane
BG1 was written before Gaider and his romances joined BioWare. Also,tThe Imoen conversations are not technically romances:
with her being the PC's half-sister and all
and the three possible romances (Jaheira, Aerie, Viconia) all have ways of ending them after a couple of interactions.

There is a fourth romance option: Anomen.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Most satisfying way to romance Anomen is to seduce him to the Dark Side.
I think that's one of the few evil things you can do in a game series that nearly always favours Lawful Good behavious, which makes it even sweeter.

hell bovine

Arcane
It would be, but you have to suffer through the romance dialogues first.
I think that the nice gnome from BG1, whom you meet in the basilisk area, had the right idea about dealing with annoying people.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Too complicated? I meant goading him into taking revenge on the slimy merchant guy, and thus ruining Anomen's career plan in the paladin order. Very satisfying.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Too complicated? I meant goading him into taking revenge on the slimy merchant guy, and thus ruining Anomen's career plan in the paladin order. Very satisfying.

Ever saw him attacking Aerie? If he is on a romance with her + he fails the Test he will end up trying to kill Aerie, given enough time. Anomen is a fucking loser. Even Keldorn looks cool in comparison.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Ever saw him attacking Aerie? If he is on a romance with her + he fails the Test he will end up trying to kill Aerie, given enough time. Anomen is a fucking loser. Even Keldorn looks cool in comparison.

Anomen has a romance with Aerie?

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Anomen has a romance with Aerie?

Sort of. Keep them both on your party and do NOT engage in a Romance with either. Romance Jaheeira in order to be sure their thing will trigger. They will start having REALLY friendly banter after a while.

"Look, Anomen, the Sun is rising!!!!!!!!!1111".

I hate'em both, to be honest, so I never saw the ending of the Anomen/Aerie thing.

hell bovine

Arcane
I'm not sure how ruining a guy's chances at becoming a paladin isn't an actual improvement for him. Of all things in life to aspire to... paladinhood.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
OK, let's get one thing straight: Anomen was NOT trying to become a Paladin. He was trying to become a KNIGHT of the Order of the Most Radiant Heart, which happens to have a lot of paladins (but also clerics, like Anomen). Forgotten Realms is full of religious orders that are NOT tied to a single class.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
Why does killing a slimy (evil?) merchant end his chances to become a knight?
Because Anomem murders the merchant's daughter, who happens to be COMPLETELY INOCENT, if you choose this route.
Also, because members of the Order may not be paladins, but they sure as hell aren't supposed to go V for Vendetta on other people.

In My Safe Space
Codex 2012
Because Anomem murders the merchant's daughter, who happens to be COMPLETELY INOCENT, if you choose this route.
Also, because members of the Order may not be paladins, but they sure as hell aren't supposed to go V for Vendetta on other people.
It annoys me that the game made my paladin fall for slaughtering the nobles watching slave fights in Copper Coronet. It's like the authors Hate Moral Clarity.

Greatness

Cipher
I'm surprised so many codexers kept Anomen around long enough to learn all this stuff.
Actually nevermind, no I'm not. :codexisfor:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I have yet to play a game with Anomen in my party.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom