Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Watch Dogs Watch

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm currently trying to play this but it's hard ... the shit is all over the place.

Stupid story. Stealth is broken. Exploration is lame. MMORPG design all over the place.

Fuck Ubisoft.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
There's stealth? It's a game about driving around and blowing shit up.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Okay, I do recall there being a few missions where stealth was used but, overall, the story was forgettable. The fun here is in getting cops to chase you then hacking the street partitions so they crash into it.

Papa Môlé

Arcane
No, that's GTA.

This game is about derp dee turd durr hurr.

Pretty much, this game had no idea wtf it was trying to do.

It would have been better if it was just a playground to fuck around screwing with cops and civvies by using the hacking tools, but the game punishes you hard for hurting either. It doesn't need to be an open world game at all really, the only halfway decent segments are tightly contained linear ones anyway.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
There's stealth? It's a game about driving around and blowing shit up.

Most missions can be ghosted physically or with hacking therefore stealth is viable. I did a couple of them however the sticky cover mechanic is completely shit.

You are only 'truly' hidden if you are in a sticky cover mode otherwise you are not 'truly' hidden even if the guards cannot see you. This seems quite arbitrary.

Also you cannot really move free in the sticky cover mode. Which is a weird design decision or maybe I'm not used to this kind of shitty cover mechanic.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Finished the game. I don't know how much time it took me but it doesn't matter.

The game mechanics are functional ... and this is the only euphemism I can think right now. The thing is the game doesn't shine in any department therefore is hard to showcase anything special.

On the other hand, I consider that the story is a complete failure. There are billions of things which don't make sense and all because the characters were written by some mentally deficient monkeys.

Aiden motivation is flimsy (even Lucky Quinn is observing this thing at some point), Nicky is just fluff, Clara is SJW stuff, Jordi was cool (but they had to fuck him up in the end), T-Bone was the only 'normal' character without a twist, Damien was actually good and Lucky Quinn serviceable.

Special mention for the self-defeating quest design: At some point I had to take out an enemy which was completely hidden from cameras, surrounded by guards but in a glass building. The designer probably expected that the player will lose some time on this mission. Well, I used the fucking sniper and I shoot the fucker through the wall. Then I hacked his phone and the mission was done in less than 30 seconds. Not to mention similar missions in which I simply run and beat the shit of all the guards I've meet. Fuck observation, fuck planning, fuck hiding, berserk for the win.

Another mention is for the multi-player: It's bad except the race mode. Scanning for invaders is boring and only gross incompetence can lead to an invader success. And capture the flag mode is simply bad. In all the games I've played, the players took the 'file' to some high building and then they simply camped. That doesn't sound bad except that you need to know the special way in which you can get to those buildings. So basically the entire match was just fucking around some building while one person with the 'file' was sitting on top of it. And if not this then they took a bike and they went full speed around the edges of the multiplayer area. Needless to say, you cannot catch bikes in this game except when the player hits something.

Anyway the only good things I can mention are: driving old cars while listening to jazz and going berserk in some missions (some guns were actually cool).

In the end I can only say: Thank God I don't have Far Cry 4 in my inventory! :)

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I've played the game for the first time, and i agree with toro. Also i got the lulz at technoniggers and the missions related to them. First you do fuckton of missions to silently get into the super duper guarded tower, and in the end you just berserk there. The plot holes are bigger than a pussy of old whore.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom