Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline The Walking Dead (SPOILERS)

Tommy Wiseau

Arcane
I hate babies, but I thought the episode was good.

Mortmal

Arcane
We must keep the baby alive! Bla bla bla. Why is there no choice to dump that stupid pregnant chick and later her baby? Everyone is like "The baby, it is holy! We must protect it!". Also, there is a shitload of strong/heroic super woman in this shit.

Yes that makes no sense ,its not rare to abandon characters to their fate. You can abandon sarah easily in fact you have to later , but forget survivalism , the baby is holy and the whole chapter revolves around it, despites them having no way to feed him . I expected to abandon them and leave with jane .

Zdzisiu

Arcane
We must keep the baby alive! Bla bla bla. Why is there no choice to dump that stupid pregnant chick and later her baby? Everyone is like "The baby, it is holy! We must protect it!". Also, there is a shitload of strong/heroic super woman in this shit.

Yes that makes no sense ,its not rare to abandon characters to their fate. You can abandon sarah easily in fact you have to later , but forget survivalism , the baby is holy and the whole chapter revolves around it, despites them having no way to feed him . I expected to abandon them and leave with jane .
Also, whose baby it was? The evil psycho leader of the supermarket camp right? Because the fat neggro Alvin was unable to impregnate that woman and they tried. So, was it rape by the crazy leader or did she willingly get fucked by him and planned to rise the child with Alvin? In which case the crazy leader had every right to try and get the baby back. Anyway, it was great to shot that bitch in the face in the end.

Mortmal

Arcane
Anyway, it was great to shot that bitch in the face in the end.

Best part of the episode indeed , but you be can sure they will do everything again to save the baby in episode 5 , even is the right thing to do for clementine is escape during the gunfire and leave those losers.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
The last part of the season two is out and I just finished it. My impressions (Rambling mostly) in spoiler.

Magical Baby Jesus strikes again. And the fucking writers were playing with you, letting you think that you finally managed to get rid of this baby twice. At the start of the episode you can choose between going to grab the baby from under a gunfire or ducking for cover. Being a reasonable man that I am, and seeing the Russians spraying their AK 47 all over the place I ducked for cover. But lo and behold, that stupid guy decided to run for the magical baby instead.

But the biggest kick comes at the end of the episode when you are let to believe that Jane finally got some balls and got rid od the baby, and all that is left is the retarded redneck Kenny that has anger issues and surprisingly enough, the game lets you shot that asshole which was a major plus for me. But then, then you find you that Jane just hid the baby in a car to make Kenny angry! Because nothing, absolutely nothing can ever happen to that stupid baby. It like the writers sincerely believe that there are no people on this world that would hurt a baby, even when their own survival depends on it. That shit is just so naive that it makes me angry every time.

At least you got the choice at the very end to either let in a group of new people or just tell them to go fuck themselves, which I promptly did, knowing that this ginger asshole is packing heat behind his back. The only thing this ending lacked was an option to shot them in the back when they turned back and you saw that he has a gun there.

Am I the only one that thinks that the writters have no idea how hard would it be to rise a child in such circumstances? The constant need for special food. The need for medication, cleaning supplies, heat, clean clothes. It only takes one serious cold and this baby is out, seeing as it would be a hell of a miracle to find the medicine for it. Not to mention how ridiculosly dangerous it is for them with the baby around. Those little bastards can start crying in a second and good luck calming it down without toys/medicine/proper food/nice place to sleep. And all that for no profit at all because the baby cant help them with anything till it is at least 7-8 years old but by that point they would be dead a milion times.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Wow, they actually got it out in a month this time? Will have to go watch on YouTube.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
The last part of the season two is out and I just finished it. My impressions (Rambling mostly) in spoiler.

Magical Baby Jesus strikes again. And the fucking writers were playing with you, letting you think that you finally managed to get rid of this baby twice. At the start of the episode you can choose between going to grab the baby from under a gunfire or ducking for cover. Being a reasonable man that I am, and seeing the Russians spraying their AK 47 all over the place I ducked for cover. But lo and behold, that stupid guy decided to run for the magical baby instead.

But the biggest kick comes at the end of the episode when you are let to believe that Jane finally got some balls and got rid od the baby, and all that is left is the retarded redneck Kenny that has anger issues and surprisingly enough, the game lets you shot that asshole which was a major plus for me. But then, then you find you that Jane just hid the baby in a car to make Kenny angry! Because nothing, absolutely nothing can ever happen to that stupid baby. It like the writers sincerely believe that there are no people on this world that would hurt a baby, even when their own survival depends on it. That shit is just so naive that it makes me angry every time.

At least you got the choice at the very end to either let in a group of new people or just tell them to go fuck themselves, which I promptly did, knowing that this ginger asshole is packing heat behind his back. The only thing this ending lacked was an option to shot them in the back when they turned back and you saw that he has a gun there.

Am I the only one that thinks that the writters have no idea how hard would it be to rise a child in such circumstances? The constant need for special food. The need for medication, cleaning supplies, heat, clean clothes. It only takes one serious cold and this baby is out, seeing as it would be a hell of a miracle to find the medicine for it. Not to mention how ridiculosly dangerous it is for them with the baby around. Those little bastards can start crying in a second and good luck calming it down without toys/medicine/proper food/nice place to sleep. And all that for no profit at all because the baby cant help them with anything till it is at least 7-8 years old but by that point they would be dead a milion times.

Fuck 'dat Jane bitch. KENNY FOREVER!

I'm pretty surprised at the divergent endings. Looks like they'll have to actually work on meaningful C&C for season 3.

The possible endings for those interested:

Of course they could just take a massive time jump and fast forward five years later making all of the choices fairly meaningless.

Last edited:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Of course they could just take a massive time jump and fast forward five years later making all of the choices fairly meaningless.
Noooooo, they would never do that. Remember how important Christa and whatshisface were this season after keeping them alive in the first.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I really don't see them investing the effort into developing three or four distinctly separate storylines. In Season 3 Clem will probably be a teenager with the baby a toddler and the choices made at the end of Season 2 will be wrapped up in a five to ten minute flashback.

Edit: Oh, forgot to mention... again, no puzzles. Not that people were expecting them. They're even giving up on the QTE's. I think there was only one of them, a couple of zombie shooting vignettes, and a few clicks where you had to clean Kenny's eye socket. Utterly pointless to even make that interactive.

Last edited:

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
That was kinda my point, those two were only relevant for the first 15 minutes of the first episode.

If anything, the many different endings smells like a discontinuation of the series to me. Sort of written themselves into a corner, perhaps on purpose. Might be too popular a series to cancel, but between Borderlands, GOT and Fables, I think they'll put it on ice for a while.

If they do make a season 3, then yeah they'll probably ignore these choices for the most part. Give them 15 minutes again and move on. Spread out a few lines here and there to reference it.
Doubt it will be multiple years of time-skip though. Otherwise it moves into Fallout 3 style "supermarket still has canned food and ammo to loot after x years" territory of silliness.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
That was kinda my point, those two were only relevant for the first 15 minutes of the first episode.

If anything, the many different endings smells like a discontinuation of the series to me. Sort of written themselves into a corner, perhaps on purpose. Might be too popular a series to cancel, but between Borderlands, GOT and Fables, I think they'll put it on ice for a while.

If they do make a season 3, then yeah they'll probably ignore these choices for the most part. Give them 15 minutes again and move on. Spread out a few lines here and there to reference it.
Doubt it will be multiple years of time-skip though. Otherwise it moves into Fallout 3 style "supermarket still has canned food and ammo to loot after x years" territory of silliness.
Season 3 is already announced.

Mortmal

Arcane

Thats my thoughts too, i expected some last bullet in the back option not unlike fallout, there was some ammo and a weapon to recover, those guys are dubious too and could very well come back at night . Makes senses to take them down . The plot lacks consistency once again, like last episode , getting rid easily of characters without an aferthought. You dont want to even help some friend stuck like the selfish bastard you are ? Fine ! But whatever happen baby is here to stay and be protected at all cost ....Its gonna be the main character in the next season i guess.

Being deprived of his mother milk he wont be able to build his immune system, and his life expectancy is the same as a newborn in the middle ages.Its hinted they dont have so much food either at the end. Also why is there nobody left in howe ? Makes no sense , either its been invaded by zombies and there's supplies left, either the surivvors ran away and tokk everything of worth with them.
Extreme Gore+ sheer naivety that sums up the season .

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Also, how the fuck could that guy be a father of a pitch black kiddo?

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Also, how the fuck could that guy be a father of a pitch black kiddo?
Because he is impotent and his wife decided to screw a big bad leader of a different group and then run away with the child and force her husband into accepting the child... oh wait, you asked about the couple at the end! ;)

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Finished Season 2.

I like the fact that they finally classified the "game" as an "interactive story" which describes pretty accurately the entire experience.

They pretty much perfected the way in which the story is told but on the other hand - the story is quite messy. However what really makes me angry is the ending thing.

I really like the way Season 1 ended - it provided closure for the relationship between Lee and Clementine.

But this multiple endings thing is retarded - there are at least 6 endings but there is no real closure. Different companions or none, different locations and I don't see how they will be able to create a coherent Season 3.

I hate this kind of thing. I only "played" it for the story and now ... there is no proper ending. What the fuck.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Choose Your Own Adventure, bro.

Actually is more like "Choose Your Own Ending" cause all the important decisions are taken in the last 5 minutes of the game therefore is basically the same adventure for most part of the season.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
True. And, as I mentioned, they're just going to do a time jump for Season 3 so all of the divergent endings are easily handled.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Some rambling from me.

Overall I like the writing in both seasons and enjoyed the story, but it annoys me how inconsistent and naive the scenario gets at times. It seems as if the writers pull off Bioware retardation and always render the good the only worth option, no matter how idiotic that would be in a real-world scenario, rather than cold minded and reasonable when there's a difficult decision to be made.

Let's take the Arvo situation for example. You've got severely injured people and a woman who is just about to give birth in your group, meaning they’re all in dipshit without medicine, and then you stumble across a guy carrying a bag with a fucking ER inside. What do you do? Any person with half a brain would just take the bloody bag, then probably get rid of the Russkie to avoid any hard feelings from his comrades. However, since the player is well aware that it’s not what the game expects him to do, he’d rather pick the 100% lawful good variant than face the potential consequences – as is always the case when you choose not to be Mother Teresa.

The reason why a character like Jane is given a hard time, even though she didn't do anything even half as retarded as overpraised Kennymeh, is because she’s the only person in the group that has common sense. But since the game teaches you that to get the cake you must be nice to everyone, the player automatically assumes she’s evil. Because man, she said that it’s better to let go on a poor girl (Sara), what a horrible and mean person is she? I mean, it’s not like 2 people already died because of Sara, 3 other almost died saving her, or that she’s completely fucking useless in a world full of zombies and only endangers useful party members that have some slight chance to survive this shit.

Also, Luke’s death. You can either try helping him by a)trying to reach his sorry ass on foot, or b)by shooting the zombies behind his back. Being the Discovery and National Geographic guy I am, I know that stepping on thin ice (there's even a saying, you know) and putting more weight on it is not the brightest option. Not to mention how insanely fucking stupid is the idea that a little girl can pull a big guy out of water – while STANDING on a surface that’s about to collapse!!! The proper way to help a person in such circumstances is to lie fucking down to reduce the pressure on the ice, crawl closer and hand him/her a stick, belt, or anything long-range. Since you can’t do that in the game, I picked the more logical of the two: shoot teh zombieh and don’t put more weight on the ice because you CAN’T possibly help him anyway. But of course, that’s not heroic and epic enough, so the game punishes you right away by either killing one of the characters, or turning her against you. To hell with any logic!

The fact that the game rewards only following the white knight way, no matter how idiotic that would be, renders any choices and moral dilemmas non existent – because it’s better to be good than to be sorry. Just look at the charts at the end of every episode: vast majority of players always pick the exact same options. Of course because they’re all wonderful human beings capable of doing only good!

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Some rambling from me.

Overall I like the writing in both seasons and enjoyed the story, but it annoys me how inconsistent and naive the scenario gets at times. It seems as if the writers pull off Bioware retardation and always render the good the only worth option, no matter how idiotic that would be in a real-world scenario, rather than cold minded and reasonable when there's a difficult decision to be made.

Let's take the Arvo situation for example. You've got severely injured people and a woman who is just about to give birth in your group, meaning they’re all in dipshit without medicine, and then you stumble across a guy carrying a bag with a fucking ER inside. What do you do? Any person with half a brain would just take the bloody bag, then probably get rid of the Russkie to avoid any hard feelings from his comrades. However, since the player is well aware that it’s not what the game expects him to do, he’d rather pick the 100% lawful good variant than face the potential consequences – as is always the case when you choose not to be Mother Teresa.

The reason why a character like Jane is given a hard time, even though she didn't do anything even half as retarded as overpraised Kennymeh, is because she’s the only person in the group that has common sense. But since the game teaches you that to get the cake you must be nice to everyone, the player automatically assumes she’s evil. Because man, she said that it’s better to let go on a poor girl (Sara), what a horrible and mean person is she? I mean, it’s not like 2 people already died because of Sara, 3 other almost died saving her, or that she’s completely fucking useless in a world full of zombies and only endangers useful party members that have some slight chance to survive this shit.

Also, Luke’s death. You can either try helping him by a)trying to reach his sorry ass on foot, or b)by shooting the zombies behind his back. Being the Discovery and National Geographic guy I am, I know that stepping on thin ice (there's even a saying, you know) and putting more weight on it is not the brightest option. Not to mention how insanely fucking stupid is the idea that a little girl can pull a big guy out of water – while STANDING on a surface that’s about to collapse!!! The proper way to help a person in such circumstances is to lie fucking down to reduce the pressure on the ice, crawl closer and hand him/her a stick, belt, or anything long-range. Since you can’t do that in the game, I picked the more logical of the two: shoot teh zombieh and don’t put more weight on the ice because you CAN’T possibly help him anyway. But of course, that’s not heroic and epic enough, so the game punishes you right away by either killing one of the characters, or turning her against you. To hell with any logic!

The fact that the game rewards only following the white knight way, no matter how idiotic that would be, renders any choices and moral dilemmas non existent – because it’s better to be good than to be sorry. Just look at the charts at the end of every episode: vast majority of players always pick the exact same options. Of course because they’re all wonderful human beings capable of doing only good!
Hey, I ended with just Jana at the end of Season 2! (Well, and that stupid baby), like... 12 percent of players. Am I some kind of a sociopath?

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
But this multiple endings thing is retarded - there are at least 6 endings but there is no real closure. Different companions or none, different locations and I don't see how they will be able to create a coherent Season 3.

That's easy. Just change the protagonist again.

The fact that the game rewards only following the white knight way

It doesn't,

Luke dies either way and nothing afterwards changes no matter what you choose. Bonnie's still a bitch that steals your stuff and leaves you to bleed.

Necroscope

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hey, I ended with just Jana at the end of Season 2! (Well, and that stupid baby), like... 12 percent of players. Am I some kind of a sociopath?
I guess I'm a sociopath, too.

Luke dies either way and nothing afterwards changes no matter what you choose. Bonnie's still a bitch that steals your stuff and leaves you to bleed.
She steals your stuff but she's not a bitch to Clem. If you won't attempt to save Luke she blames her and feels no regrets about the comrade shooting the girl.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
I'd say stealing someone's supplies counts as being a bitch, who cares if the junkie's well-mannered or not when doing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom