Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
My favorite track from Daggerfall. Very atmospheric, and develops well.

Incidentally the video image symbolizes the necro, all planned of course.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Title is misleading, it plays when you're closer to the final confrontation. And it really do his job.

and the only good part of DungLords

unfortunately they removed it in MXXII version and p.sure Steam version have different.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
A bit disappointed in this thread. I haven't heard anything I like. What's with all the guitar music you guys like? Man, it's rare that I like that guitar shit. I haven't made it that far back so I don't know if these were posted. I like songs like these, though. If you have similar taste, reply to me with some similar songs. Best soundtracks to me are Donkey Kong 1 & 2, TES IV: Oblivion, Saga Frontier, Guild Wars, and Age of Empires: III.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Fucking hell, this site and guitar music. Uh, absolutely hate it. Anyways, bringing this thread back to class. My favorite track from Expeditions: Conquistador. Man, shit hyped me the fuck up when you are in that dinning room and you get surrounded. Totally forgot what the missions was, but you get ambushed or something.

Picked the wrong song from that soundtrack. This one is the best song, but yeah, it had a good soundtrack. Plus, why post the 8-bit version?

Last edited:
I prefer the NES version. Just sounds better to my ear. Could be nostalgia, could be the faster tempo of the NES soundtrack... the SNES stuff just sounds glacial to me in comparison. Even stage 3 sounds better imo.

Maybe the first time I ever really took notice of music in games was in Myst and Riven. One of Kirill Pokrovsky's 'End of Time' tracks also reminded me of Robyn Miller's stuff.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom