Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
j3uJvFv.png

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
So much good stuff in this thread.

From the ones I could have posted : Arcanum...checked, Canon Fodder...checked, Chains of Satinav...checked, Freedom Planet...checked, Dune...checked, FF6...checked, Morrowind...checked?, Secret of mana...checked, Torment(end of the mortuary)...checked, Hotline Miami...checked, War Wind...checked.

No more than 5 :negative:

Sjukob

Arcane
I would also like to add soundtrack of this not so famous game . I recommend to scroll through playlist , most of the music in game is decent . You can also find soundtrack to the sequel on that channel , but is more repetitive and generic , but may be you will like it .

Karwelas

Dwarf Taffer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut I helped put crap in Monomyth
Music. Songs. Melody. We listen to many of them in our lives. Radio, movies and even games have them, but their role is mostly much more then just filling silence in game areas. Many people (and me among them) says that soundtrack is around 1/3 atmosphere of the games. Imagine Baldur's Gate or P:T without their soundtrack... very blank experience isn't it?

And here I'm, asking you - What do you think about soundtracks role in games? What is your favourite soundtrack for any game?

So, yeah, preety much soundtracks thread. Why you may ask? Becouse I didn't saw any so long and I think it is important enough to make a thread about it.

Anyway, I can't honestly tell about my 'best' soundtrack, however I have some that mean much to me.

1 - Morrowind. Ah, Jeremy Soule. Many things can be said about Beth games, but they always have top-line soundtracks. It is probably one a few soundtrack that I listen to just as normal music.
2 - Gothic 1/2/3 - Kai Rosenkranz, another master of music for me. Again, many things can be said about Gothic game, many people love it or hate it, but they have perfect soundtrack for them. My personal choice - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljyRWgdCsl8
3 - Planescape, fucking Planescape/Icewind Dale/Baldur's Gate series - Soule, Inon Zur, Mark Morgan - honorable mention for Brian "Lustmord" Williams for creating music to P:T that however wasn't used later. I remember that ghostdog managed to get one or two of these tracks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom