Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

KoolNoodles

Arcane
All of the Transistor soundtrack. The short game for $20 probably isn't worth it, but every track for $10 is.

Anything shades of Blade Runner, including System Shock 2, Deus Ex, and Shadowrun games.
I just watched blade runner after realizing it was a massive hole in my cultural awareness, but I afterwards found out it was the old version. Is it that much of a massive upgrade to watch the final cut?

The only thing that really matters is what ending did you watch? The shitty fucking voiceover CRAP like they did with the theatrical release of Brazil? Or did you get the ambiguous one where it ends as soon as they step into the elevator(as in, is Deckard a replicant or not? -He is- Much more in-line with the book).

The FC also makes some scenes linger, which for most BR fans is probably a good thing. Atmosphere is everything in this movie. It also adds various bits to deaths, fights, and violence to make them more gory/visceral. There's more focus on the death of Tyrell and his eyes(which is important metaphorically as well, as Roy is killing his "god" by smashing his eyes/brain.) The fight with Pris is arguably more intense, as well as her death. Etc.

Other than that there are some graphical/sound continuity fixes in the FC. It's probably the "definitive" version. This isn't George Lucas being an ass, Ridley Scott et al did a good job.

This site breaks the scene changes down pretty well.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=4589

All of the Transistor soundtrack. The short game for $20 probably isn't worth it, but every track for $10 is.

Anything shades of Blade Runner, including System Shock 2, Deus Ex, and Shadowrun games.
I just watched blade runner after realizing it was a massive hole in my cultural awareness, but I afterwards found out it was the old version. Is it that much of a massive upgrade to watch the final cut?

The only thing that really matters is what ending did you watch? The shitty fucking voiceover CRAP like they did with the theatrical release of Brazil? Or did you get the ambiguous one where it ends as soon as they step into the elevator(as in, is Deckard a replicant or not? -He is- Much more in-line with the book).

The FC also makes some scenes linger, which for most BR fans is probably a good thing. Atmosphere is everything in this movie. It also adds various bits to deaths, fights, and violence to make them more gory/visceral. There's more focus on the death of Tyrell and his eyes(which is important metaphorically as well, as Roy is killing his "god" by smashing his eyes/brain.) The fight with Pris is arguably more intense, as well as her death. Etc.

Other than that there are some graphical/sound continuity fixes in the FC. It's probably the "definitive" version. This isn't George Lucas being an ass, Ridley Scott et al did a good job.

This site breaks the scene changes down pretty well.

http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=4589

I got the decent version. :thumbs up:

Astral Rag

Arcane

giphy.gif

Gerrard

Arcane
That explains your shit taste.

And Soule's work is the exact opposite of outstanding, it is the most uninspired and generic shit imaginable.

Eirikur

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Feeling all melancholic and disturbed, in the village with all the creepy kids...

The track might not be that great without the memories, though.

Alonne song is great but this one suits Ivory Kings battle just perfectly. Seeing that faggot walking slowly to you from Old Chaos and this shit starts playing :salute: Best entrance in Souls games

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom