Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Volourn

Pretty Princess
Pretty Princess Glory to Ukraine
FF8 - Basically the entire track.

Arcanum theme

Most of the bio/bis/obs have awesome or at least above average soundtracks too

kingcomrade

Kingcomrade
Edgy
I also agree that quite a few of the people in this thread apparently either are retarded or don't understand the thread is about "awesome" music. I didn't think anyone could find FF8 or Arcanum's soundtrack exciting.

Wulfstand

Prophet
Spellcaster said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcbKI4hMJgo&feature=related
I just found this one right now, and it's one of the best tracks I've heard from Soule. Does anyone know where is it from?

He did some really, REALLY good work with Guild War's soundtrack, 'specially the later ones.

Guild Wars Nightfall's main theme Man I used to listen to this song when I launched the game every time back when NF got released (as in before EotN).

Guild Wars Eye of the North's main theme - again, a very, very good song imo, especially near the end. Wow.

The one thing I love about Soule's work is the way he manages to capture the game's atmosphere in his music.

Risine

Liturgist
Ultima Underworld 2 music.
Probably not an awesome music, but that's the one I remember after years, which really participated to the game atmosphere, although lacking orchestral and hordes of musicians or whatever.

Diablo 1 musics too.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
One of the few good tracks from Bloodlines. Sad that the large majority of the game's music is complete trash, especially the licensed songs.

Wyrmlord

Arcane
Fat Dragon said:
One of the few good tracks from Bloodlines. Sad that the large majority of the game's music is complete trash, especially the licensed songs.
Yeah, the Hollywood track was amazingly atmospheric.

Much of the rest really didn't fit, like the upbeat Downtown LA theme or the dry and banal Santa Monica theme.

When I finally came to Hollywood, I thought, "I think they finally nailed that feeling they were going for."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom