Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

KoolNoodles

Arcane
I was gonna post some Hotline Miami 2, but that's too easy. Has anyone posted this shit yet? It's fucking beautiful. It evokes sweeping lands, great dynasties, glorious conquests. CK2 has some great music.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

Ok animebro, i had a look at the more interesting related videos and found this:

which caused a mild, reflexive form of nerdrage, even though the game doesn't even deserve it, because i remember the opening like this:

If they wanted to put some crap rap they could at least fucking make it a rhythmic audible one instead of some bullshit mumbling by a japanese dwarf trying to speak english with half cut vocal cords.

Last edited:

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Been taking a trip down memory lane, listening to Roland MT-32 recordings. Ultima 7 soundtrack in particular is awesome.

And a special thanks to Jaesun, who made me record this one years ago. The first part with the organ (which also plays when you meet Thoxa at the beginning) is probably my favourite track in the entire series.

sv0

Barely Literate
All of the Transistor soundtrack. The short game for $20 probably isn't worth it, but every track for $10 is.

Anything shades of Blade Runner, including System Shock 2, Deus Ex, and Shadowrun games.
I just watched blade runner after realizing it was a massive hole in my cultural awareness, but I afterwards found out it was the old version. Is it that much of a massive upgrade to watch the final cut?

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Persona and SMT are phenomenal. Good job! :D
My favorite persona songs are in Persona 3 P3P, which is probably decline.

(if only this didn't have the stupid rap)

(favorite, but the engrish kills me)

I played both P2's a long time ago but i guess there must be something likeable there
i like the original Maya theme, let's think positive indeed

it was fucked in P3 for slower tempo remix and on the p2 psp remake for a real instrument version which sounds less upbeat (the video shows them)

eh, japan 90's electronica
it's fun to compare to the PSP rerelease of the game which apparently changed things to be more 'jazzy'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyY9cujlGIU&list=PLComPlAVCn4iGFJp84Qmn96JwrR23jNW4
(the remixes later on the playlist)
Atlus does a good job with soundtracks.

Last edited:

Ivan

Arcane
Funny, I just recently started playing the newer Castlevanias (post-symphony).

I liked Portrait of Ruin and Aria of Sorrow the best.

All of the Transistor soundtrack. The short game for $20 probably isn't worth it, but every track for $10 is.

Anything shades of Blade Runner, including System Shock 2, Deus Ex, and Shadowrun games.
I just watched blade runner after realizing it was a massive hole in my cultural awareness, but I afterwards found out it was the old version. Is it that much of a massive upgrade to watch the final cut?

How was Transistor? I recently bought it on a Steam sale.

I haven't seen the director's cut, much less heard of it. I would suppose it would matter whether they added more content from the base book. :/

I like all the music in this game. Not necessarily exciting music, but good backround noise with an earbug or two. The second song really reminds me of baseball :kwafuckyeah:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom