Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Deleted member 7219

Watching Marco Polo on Netflix. The music reminds me of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria. That soundtrack was really good.

Unwanted

Goat Vomit

Andhaira
Andhaira
It's very nice but not nearly as memorable IMO. In some ways those are the best for games since they meld with the rest of the experience so well but I prefer catchy pieces that sticks. Daggerfall for example had tons of those that I still remember years later and that makes me appreciate them all the more.

I also never knew this was from SH4 before I watched an LP of it recently.

Deleted member 7219

Sounds kinda Floydian. I forgot how awesome Kai Rosenkranz is :salute:

Heh he is doing a kickstarter, interesting.

It got funded =) It's great that he wants to keep at it. I thought his kickstarter was for some sort of software tools or something alike, I guess I mixed things up.

It scares me how awesome Kai Rosenkranz is. I'm so fucking happy to have the Risen soundtrack but I simply must have the Gothic 3 soundtrack - why can't I get this anywhere other than YouTube?!

Anyway, here's another masterpiece of his from Risen:

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I simply must have the Gothic 3 soundtrack

It's on the bay, there's a mirror maintained by the isohunt guys. I guess that information is sufficient?

Anyway quality must be shit because it's 48 MB for 24 tracks. I don't know if that's the version I have.

EDIT: no seeds.

Deleted member 7219

I know most of it is due to Jeremy Soule, but the memories that come flooding back when I listen to this are why I like Skyrim so much. Yes, the MQ goes nowhere. Yes, the Civil War is a dud. Yes, there really are a load of shit MMO-style sidequests (but the sidequests are not exclusively like this, unlike DA: Inquisition), but Bethesda fucking nailed the atmosphere and the world design.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
I love the sound of TurboGrafx / PC Engine chiptunes. It was really good at doing bright/bouncy/energetic/cutesy music :3 (Last one is the most technically impressive)

Last edited by a moderator:

dunno lah

Arcane
MGS2 theme does nothing for me. MGS1 TAPPY Theme all the way! The Control Mix is also really good. Sounds like a fitting closing in a credits roll.

TheGreatOne

Arcane

Any one know any other game songs with that godly double bass kick sound? Marvel vs Capcom 1 soundtrack in general was great

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom