Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

Roderick

Savant
Thief 3 - Deadly Shadow's soundtrack is excellent, and also great for listening to while reading, particularly horror

Roderick

Savant
Quake Soundtrack by Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails)

excellent and atmospheric (another one good for reading horror), the intro theme is an industrial metal song then it's ambient and atmospheric

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Goddamn those two tunes look like they were plagiarized from one another (Gemeni Rue Arrival at Barracus and Torment The Ascent).

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
Goddamn those two tunes look like they were plagiarized from one another (Gemeni Rue Arrival at Barracus and Torment The Ascent).
Hah, you're right! Soft piano with semi-ambient strings in the background is a common thing, it seems.

mastroego

Arcane
No real competion, imho.

Planescape Torment.
Mirror's Edge.
Trine.

So utterly perfect for those games.

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Stéphane Picq's excellentt Dune soundtrack was mentioned on the first page of this thread, but I also like Frank Klepacki's work on Westwood's Dune RTS games, especially Dune 2000.

bussinrounds

Augur
I approve of this thread. Don't let it die BROs
sGX8wu0.gif

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Mark Morgan is the Man! The most atmospheric music in games indeed. I'm really really happy that he is involved in some awesome projects like W2, TToN and Stasis.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom