Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Way too many games in this thread without PC versions, you console fags.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
castlevania 3 has the best music. like, seriously. it's fucking tight as shit, melodic, and neoclassical. it fits the game so god damn well* and is so good on its own.

* lol I've barely played it

just listen to 5:00 mad forest, 14:50 aquarius, or the classic 17:37 deja vu (one of the best game songs of all time)

Alfabusa

Barely Literate
Have some delicious mangime fightin' game music.
some of these tracks have obvious references to music by bands like Led Zeppelin, ACDC, the Beatles and other classic western rock bands. t'is beautiful.

Borelli

Arcane
^Terranigma music is simply beautiful.:bro:

The last one is the travel music. Every time i entered world map i did not want to leave it when this music started.:)

Crane

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath
I beat DreamWeb for the first time not too long ago. I'm pretty sure it has my favorite soundtrack ever in a video game.

Only the first mass effect's soundtrack comes anywhere near as close. Maybe Phantom Dust's soundtrack.

Last edited:

Coyote

Arcane
Outlaws

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom