Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Video Game Music Thread

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron

barker_s

Cipher
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
Some Modern Warfare 2 soundtrack. It gets better by the end, I promise!

Alien 3 for NES, main theme. Game's almost universally bashed by critics, but the soundtrack was cool.

Promise (Reprise) from Silent Hill 2. Never played it, but I can listen to that piece for hours.

The last one is not from a game, but was supposedly made by one of Half-Life 2 artists (which later turned out to be false, can't remember the whole story).

Gerrard

Arcane
Last edited:

Berekän

A life wasted
Patron
Been playing OpenTTD again recently. I think what really has me hooked it's the music, love the MIDI tunes that come with OpenMSX

dunno lah

Arcane
Been listening to Demon's Souls music and I just couldn't help but post these:

Kinda wish Shunsuke Kida was doing music for DaS II...

Faxanadu motherfuckers

Also people don't seem to care for the Tales games around here, but I really loved Symphonia when I was younger. The overworld theme is one of the better "we're heading off on an amazing adventure"-type soundtracks I've ever heard in a game. I get a little weepy when I hear this track, it rekindles memories of innocent, youthful days:

Gerrard

Arcane
Also people don't seem to care for the Tales games around here, but I really loved Symphonia when I was younger. The overworld theme is one of the better "we're heading off on an amazing adventure"-type soundtracks I've ever heard in a game. I get a little weepy when I hear this track, it rekindles memories of innocent, youthful days:
I love the soundtrack from Phantasia (so much that I actually own it, which is something I can't say about all the other ones sitting on my HD), I found the soundtrack in Symphonia really forgettable in comparison. The best tracks are "Harmony" and "Revival", that play during the ending cutscene/movie, and even those are arranges of songs from ToP.

Borelli

Arcane

and finally ...:dance:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom