Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Fens

Ford of the Llies
Half-Life went from an OK shooter to the Episode 2. What do you think? That bitch Alyx that you can't just shoot and play the game - the nerd's dream apparently. You gotta care about her too. Give HL3 to Bioware they will make it a logical conclusion.
Gordon going from a badass motherfucker to a pussy-licker. Fuck yeah.
played HL1, found it mediocre at best and then played episode 2, because i got the orange box with my graphics card... the physics gimmick was nice but very limited, the vehicle section was pure crap and the characters bland, plus there was no scene i couldn't predict from a mile away (without having played hl2). i just don't see where the hype comes from with half life past the first one, that at least had somewhat of a novelty going for it. might be the chick thing, eventhough episode 2 didn't make me care about her at all - but then again, neither did it for gordon 'penny for your thoughts' freeman. there are much more fun shooters out there and fanboys going all giddy about HL3 are a rather odd sight to me. or maybe i just might be too old for another war of the worlds in narnia.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Most tards in this thread who despise HL don't even know why they hate the game. It's like they're too stupid to understand it's simple yet flawless design.

It's like today with the kidz who grow up with CoD and Battlefield trying to explain to them why these games would have never existed in the first place if it wasn't for the HL1 release in 1998 that changed the FPS landscape forever.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Changed the FPS landscape forever?

Really?

How?

No, really.

Tell me.

Explain to me, in as many words as you fancy, how Half-Life managed to change "the FPS landscape". Then also explain to me how it changed "the FPS landscape" forever.

Alright?

Alright.

Go.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Oh my god...

You're a Reaper, aren't you?!

And I'm just a Shepard whose mind is too feeble to grasp you and your love buddy Newell's majestic plans!

Aren't I?!

I am okay with that.

:thumbsup:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
I could write down a wall and explain why I think HL was a very influential game, but why should I do that effort for an ignorant imbecile like you?

KodexKoolKredits.PNG

racofer

Thread Incliner
Half-life is like, the best, most complex fps ever because it has deep story complex characters mature writing intricate plot story spread throughout it as you play it and if you don't like it it's because you don't understand it go back to Halo or CoD HL2 bestest fps ever.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Half-life is like, the best, most complex fps ever because it has deep story complex characters mature writing intricate plot story spread throughout it as you play it and if you don't like it it's because you don't understand it go back to Halo or CoD HL2 bestest fps ever.
Another fucking imbecile who doesn't understand First person shooters.

Low IQ Brazilian I presume? No offense, racofer.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
I admit, it's entertaining and all, but could you faggots quit posturing and resume discussion?
:avatard:
Discussion? Don't be bonkers as well as draconian. This thread was created because Morgoth was imagining that a blurry image was the first teaser for Half-Life 3.

Thread should have been retardo'd as soon as it was created.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
Wrong. This thread was created because Morgoth knew fucking morons like you would fall for it.

Wtf man. Morons don't even know they are being trolled anymore.

This thread can be moved to Retardo now, thank you for your participation. I had enough of this nonsense today.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
Wrong. This thread was created because Morgoth knew fucking morons like you would fall for it.

Wtf man. Morons don't even know they are being trolled anymore.

This thread can be moved to Retardo now, thank you for your participation. I had enough of this nonsense today.
Wrong. This thread was created because Morgoth thought people would fall for it. When called out on his bullshit, Morgoth decided to go the "oh it was a joke all along" route.

Angthoron

Arcane
Changed the FPS landscape forever?

Really?

How?

No, really.

Tell me.

Explain to me, in as many words as you fancy, how Half-Life managed to change "the FPS landscape". Then also explain to me how it changed "the FPS landscape" forever.

Alright?

Alright.

Go.

I can tell you, horse. Are you ready for this? Are you?

It made the FPS landscape use green/brown/grey colours a fuckton more!

Fuck yeah.

Medic

Scholar
Patron
Half life 2 alone didn't change the FPS landscape, but the whole series did. One reason is the no cut scene approach and having a good story in a FPS, the other thing is that they pretty much introduced gravity use in games and spawned whole genre of games with gravity based weapons. The other thing is that they just know how to create an immersive game world, interesting NPCs and best gameplay there is. If you don't like it, go play CoD.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom