Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The dollar has been weakening for the past year. Seems like they determined the prices according to the value of the dollar in shekels at the beginning of 2017, when it was around ~3.7: http://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/convert/?Amount=1&From=USD&To=ILS

Bethesda probably switched our region to the Euro baseline and converted from that.

Don Peste

Arcane
Goddammit, looks like prices are usually slightly higher (~5%) than they were in dollars. :decline: And Bethesda game prices are a lot higher (~20-25%).
7sWKMvj.jpg

Some games aren't available for sale at all now. For example, Wadjet Eye titles. WTF DaveGilbert!
gGWbRBK.jpg

Exxos

Educated
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Wrath
Was dicking around with the new steam PLN price changes. Can't buy for instance ARK, but it seems I can certainly gift someone its 0,00 priced season pass!

JWHangG.png

N7XcsHW.png
JWHangG

Exxos

Educated
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pathfinder: Wrath
Free mac version of Call of Duty Black Ops? I mean I'm sure there's more, just wish those were the games that were you know... good.
H3PY62I.jpg

0rXpJrg.png

Edit: Does not work. No loss though.

Last edited:
Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted
Your transaction failed because you are trying to buy 'ARK: Survival Evolved Season Pass' which requires ownership of 'ARK: Survival Evolved'. Please correct the error and try again.

Don Peste

Arcane
Tomorrow is L4D's 9th anniversary, so Valve should announce L3ft 4 Dead Closed Alpha if they want to release the full game in time for the 10th anniversary.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Last week's top sellers (by revenues, not counting microtransactions) have a few sanity savers (or not):

#10 - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
#9 - Assassin's Creed Origins
#8 - Hand of Fate 2
#7 - Call of Duty: WWII
#6 - Call of Duty: WWII
#5 - Assassin's Creed Origins
#4 - Nioh: Complete Edition
#3 - Football Manager 2018
#2 - Call of Duty: WWII
#1 - PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS

The week of calm before the big sales and of no new AAA releases, Divinity crawled back:

#10 - Divinity: Original Sin 2
#9 - Expansion - Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
#8 - Nioh: Complete Edition
#7 - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
#6 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
#5 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
#4 - Assassin's Creed Origins
#2 - Call of Duty: WWII (LATAM Preorder)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
"Making Helpful User Reviews More Helpful", another tweaks to the user reviews: http://steamcommunity.com/games/593110/announcements/detail/2666556941788470579

Important part:

1. Firstly, our system will use a new method of calculating the helpfulness of each review, taking into account the users that are trying to manipulate the system. One way we're doing that is by counting the helpful ratings on reviews differently for users that are far outside the norm. Ratings from users that follow normal patterns of rating will continue to be counted the same way that they have, whereas accounts that rate an excessive number of reviews on an individual game will see the weight of each individual rating count for less and less.
  2. Secondly, store pages will now show the default helpful positive and negative reviews in a similar proportion to that of the overall review score for the game. For example, if the game is reviewed positively by 80% of reviewers, then the ten reviews shown by default on the store page will be 80% positive, showing eight positive and two negative. This should keep the reviews shown on a game's page from being so easily manipulated by a few determined players and should more accurately represent the overall sentiment of the people playing the game.
We're rolling out both of these changes as a beta today. You can turn the new method on and off to see how it impacts the default display of reviews on any given store page. Note that these changes only impact the default listing of reviews (Called "Summary") and the "Most Helpful" display option.

8bd2703866eb10b168ec55fd9ee4a286c102dfe9.jpg

Still much more to do
There are still a number of further changes we're considering for the user review system. One thing we're looking at, is how review scores on games change over time as games develop or languish, and ways to better indicate how players are enjoying the game right now. We also want to better indicate when players are reviewing issues in a game that only pertain to a particular region (such as server locations), or particular language (such as poor translations). We're also exploring ways to calculate a personalized review score for each player and thinking about how that would look.

We know the review system is important for players and developers and we're going to continue making improvements to ensure that user reviews remain useful and trustworthy. Please let us know your thoughts on these latest changes.

Unwanted

nodar

Unwanted
Shitposter
Pretty reasonable change, and one that will benefit everyone. it eliminates that weak spot that was most open for manipulation, for example haters cannot make negative review dominate the store page by upvoting every negative and downvoting every positive review like they did in the past.

Store pages for games like Numenera or latest Wolfenstein look very different with this change on.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Man... they have even removed the ratings from your own reviews, so it's impossible to know if you upset some fanboys, or just wrote a bad one.

gaussgunner

Arcane
Last edited:

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Having a hard time figuring out how to make it work -- doesn't seem to move the percentile at all. Is it just changing what displays?

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
Oh, I see what it's doing -- not changing percentages, just displaying what reviews get displayed in the summary. Doesn't make any difference for Primordia. Sample size is too small, and our review percentages are pretty consistent. (Notwithstanding a couple recent negative reviews.) I think we're just too small for people to care about. Overall it does seem to have the effect of moving more positive reviews to the summary bar when I check it out for other games like TLJH or Darkest Dungeon.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
This is shit. Now big devs can write their own reviews and mass upvote them and the down-votes won't do anything...

gaussgunner

Arcane
I don't see anything different.
Yeah, that's strange. AoD was the first game I thought to check. The negative and positive hype must have cancelled each other out.

Oh, I see what it's doing -- not changing percentages, just displaying what reviews get displayed in the summary.
I assume they'll recalculate everything based on the new method if they go through with it.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The week of calm before the big sales and of no new AAA releases, Divinity crawled back:

#10 - Divinity: Original Sin 2
#9 - Expansion - Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
#8 - Nioh: Complete Edition
#7 - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
#6 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
#4 - Assassin's Creed Origins
#2 - Call of Duty: WWII (LATAM Preorder)

In last week's top sellers (by revenues, not counting microtransactions), PUBG doesn't know the meaning of Autumn Sale and still #1 without any discount. Do you remember when PUBG was not #1?:

#10 - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
#9 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Game of the Year Edition
#8 - Assassin's Creed Origins
#7 - Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege
#6 - NieR:Automata
#4 - Steam Controller
#3 - Steam Link
#2 - Grand Theft Auto V

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
Nice to see Steam Link and Controller in there with the rest of the shit.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom