Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I have some hard earned money in Steam wallet and Steam doesn't allow me to buy stuff. When I try to buy something the only active button is "add funds to wallet". What?

Don Peste

Arcane
I have some hard earned money in Steam wallet and Steam doesn't allow me to buy stuff. When I try to buy something the only active button is "add funds to wallet". What?
Why don't you buy some Steam emoticons instead? Oh my, ha ha, they're great fun! :):shittydog:

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Best option is to gift stuff to me.
There was some crazy shit happening in Ru-Steam zone.

The market removed commas from prices and they transformed for example from 3,50 RUR to 350 RUR:lol:

Alrey fixed tho. Now I can get back to speculations :1up:

Riskbreaker

Speaking of those most basic functions that are still missing from the Steam client, what's the deal with not being able to choose which sites, if any, will be allowed to peddle their articles through various news feeds? I mean, look at this shite:
2q34oht.jpg

THERE IS NO ESCAPE

pippin

They wanted to make it appear as some sort of news aggregator, but in reality it's just RPS and PCGamer.

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Why wouldn't they?No shareholders to bother them for quarterly reports.Or you want another "leap" in gaming that was HL or the masterpiece Portal.Everything good that came from Valve is others work,more CS and DOTA less Portal and HL

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Dota and CS:GO make them more than enough cash I presume. They both have a massive (growing) playerbase. Not to mention actual Steam revenue.

Why they haven't continued Half-Life only GabeN knows.

racofer

Thread Incliner
Honest question: is Valve living purely on Steam income now? What the fuck are they even doing other than not releasing anything at all? Have they conformed already that this is what they'll be doing forever from now on, (poorly) managing Steam and patching Dota 2 and TF2?

I feel I deserve a slowpoke.jpeg answer
Hats, man. Haven't you heard?

Caim

Arcane
Does Valve release stuff like quarterly/yearly numbers regarding profit and where it comes from? Or do they not do that because it'll make them look bad when they show just how many millions they made off of hats?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Honest question: is Valve living purely on Steam income now? What the fuck are they even doing other than not releasing anything at all? Have they conformed already that this is what they'll be doing forever from now on, (poorly) managing Steam and patching Dota 2 and TF2?

I feel I deserve a slowpoke.jpeg answer
Hats, man. Haven't you heard?

He's right. Hats for TF2, bling for DOTA and weapons for CS:GO.

It's ridiculous. TF2 is into its ninth year and yet people are tossing hundreds of dollars into key/crate binges for crap that's barely worth a buck on the Steam market, let alone in real life. DOTA now has custom voice sets from [Insert favourite pop culture source here] and over in CS:GO people are throwing money at digital knives that can't even cut through digital butter.

All those digital commodities are worth jack shit, you know. At the best you can exchange them for Steam funds which nets you a few more games...which drop sharply in value within a year of their release.

I'm grateful I dropped out of TF2 when I did, at least I made a small "profit" of Gabenbucks that I could use to get a few other games. Any game that has microtransactions is a no-no for me, and should be for any sensible person.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I'm grateful I dropped out of TF2 when I did, at least I made a small "profit" of Gabenbucks that I could use to get a few other games. Any game that has microtransactions is a no-no for me, and should be for any sensible person.
A sensible person will ignore the presence of microtransactions that don't affect gameplay. You can play TF2 and have as much fun as anyone without spending any money.

Country_Gravy

Arcane
Patron
Wasteland 2
So I got Steam Link and 2 Steam controllers today and tested them out and it's a cool concept that seems a bit flawed. It's nice to play console ports without owning a console because it feels more monocle, but it's got some hiccups. It also seems like there aren't a lot of games that are set up for the controllers.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Help me, Codex, you're my only hope.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
You can't use it like normal controller and setup other games (via main menu in the game, or separate software like Xpadder) to work with it?
Only dedicated games? :lol: if that's so - it's ridiculous. Why create something that work with few things when it could work with more things?
Man, why there is so many close minded (with narrow horizon of sight) drones in IT?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom