Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

So my nephew somehow activated family sharing and added his own account as a friend and now he can't play his non-f2p games because his computer is waiting for an authorization from itself. :lol:

Any ideas of how to solve this clusterfuck? Unchecking the account on the config window, deauthorizing the computer and revoking the account, none of that helped.

So I learned on the support forum this is a bug that has existed for months and Valve ignores it, even though it affects mainly Valve games like Gmod. I "solved" it by launching the game directly from the executable. :roll:

Correct_Carlo

Arcane
I joined the Codex curator only to discover that I already own 99.9999% of the games.

:rpgcodex:

Plus, it needs to add the Drakensang games, ASAP.

Nice to see heavy spiderweb representation, though.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
NeoFAG have own page? These corporate apologists soft victim-complexed omegas? Ugh.

Juan_Carlo
You may grab second part - River of Time, and maybe Philosopher Stone (?), first one is on pair with Neverwinter Night 1/2 original campaigns. That boring...

Turjan

Arcane
Juan_Carlo said:
You may grab second part - River of Time, and maybe Philosopher Stone (?), first one is on pair with Neverwinter Night 1/2 original campaigns. That boring...
I'm pretty sure he knows the games. He was talking about the Codex curator page. You are right that the first game was quite mediocre, but River of Time is really nice. Phileasson's Secret is unfortunately more like the first, but if you use it as add-in, in which case the otherwise boring campaign gets split into three parts, it should be okay.

Drax

Arcane
Wow. What's next? A Storage Wars video game?
box3.gif

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
So...besides not being allowed to release on a weekend, he had a meltdown because the game was out of Early Access...but Steam still claimed that it was?

I have it installed and am looking to play it in the near future, so dis gon b gud.

pippin

i once played paranautical activity. those tweets tell you all you need to know about the game.

:lol:

Game was shaping up to be enjoyable as a coffebreak shooter, shame the dev revealed himself a raging sperglord. Then again, this is becoming so typical with indies that I'm not even that surprised. Funny that he's accusing Gaben of being incompetent when the currently top-rated reviews state he constantly misses bugfix deadlines, the co-op mode never arrived and their site is a wasteland.

I wonder if he's following Phil Fish?

Turjan

Arcane
I have the game, but must admit I never played it. It looks interesting, although in a seizure-inducing way.

Edit: I wonder what he posted on youtube, because it looks as if his account there got terminated.

Multi-headed Cow

To be fair pulling his game just because he's an idiot isn't very cool. The game isn't anything great but it's functional so it's not like he was scamming people. If it was just him flipping out on Twitter then the glorious God-Gaben was in the wrong, if the dude was also sending 30 emails to his Valve contact a day or something, sure.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/10/20/7024585/gabe-newell-death-threat-paranautical-activity-steam-valve

Oh. So there apparently wasn't mass email spamming but all his freaking out was because Valve didn't instantly remove the early access tag from his crappy indie game the split second he said it was done. Which I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume he just pushed the update out and then started frothing when Valve didn't move with lightning speed, instead of contacting whoever his liaison at Valve was to give 'em a heads up the game was going out of EA on such and such date. Still kinda shitty for Gaben to smite him but the guy really was being an ass.

Edit: Oh, weird. Missed Himmy linking it just above me. Read the post but missed the link.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom