Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i want to buy valve too!

They don't respond to my e-mails offering a sack of potatoes for the company though :(

DeepOcean

Arcane
Maybe if Amazon whore itself at 0,50 cents a blow job, maybe in a hundred years they have money to buy Valve.

Caim

Arcane
Amazon's net worth is about twenty times that of Valve. Adding in what Gabe wants to make, costs for selling the company... even for Amazon, that's not a modest sum.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Amazon has more than enough to buy Valve. But why would Gabe sell? He's a billionaire and it's pretty obvious he loves running the company.

Caim

Arcane
Yeah, Gabe's in the spot where offering him a shitload of money won't work because he already has a shitload of money.

Dr Tomo

Learned
Actually Amazon is so damn rich they just entered into the cell phone market with their shit phone and it did not make the roi back and investors aren't phased in the slightest. I am also highly doubtful that Gabe would sell Valve unless they paid a huge premium which I am skeptical Amazon will do since they aren't that desperate. Amazon already has their own platform and they have the resources to push into the market like they have done with their phone and be a player.

pippin

Amazon sells stuff without DRM-at least their digital music seems to be DRM-free. I wonder if that could create some kind of conflict between Amazon and Valve. But other than that I don't think they would change Steam that much.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Valve stopped sending me coupons for Pixel Piracy. Instead they keep extending their vaildity date. Last time I checked they were supposed to expire Oct. 15th.

*checks*

"Valid until April 15th 2015"

Fuck, Half-Life 3 will be out before those coupons expire.

Astral Rag

Arcane
fdqf1xkws.jpg

:roll:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So, refresh your store pages, everyone.

Thoughts?

Fake edit: They've replaced "New Releases" with "Popular New Releases". That's interesting.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
Obviously, Codex needs to become a Curator. I would have nominated MHC for this function, but alas, he is no longer with us. Who is a bad enough dude to fight the good fight with their Steam recommendations?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Obviously, Codex needs to become a Curator. I would have nominated MHC for this function, but alas, he is no longer with us. Who is a bad enough dude to fight the good fight with their Steam recommendations?

My thoughts exactly when I read that page!

http://store.steampowered.com/about/curators/

Create a new Steam Community group, or use an existing group that you are an officer or moderator of. You can use the group to make recommendations as yourself, or you can use the group to allow multiple individuals to represent an organization.

So, it can be a group of us. How long can a recommendation be? Maybe we can just copy-paste our Codex reviews to an official Codex group. Though I suspect most people wouldn't read them that way - an abridged version would be better.:M

Last edited:

Explorerbc

Arcane
What a fucking joke, every update is worse than the previous one, whether it is some stupid shit like badges or attempts to modernize the look of the site.

It looks like a giant, unhelpful mess. There are three different parts of the site dedicated to suggestions. GOG Galaxy couldn't have came at a better time

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
What a fucking joke, every update is worse than the previous one, whether it is some stupid shit like badges or attempts to modernize the look of the site.

It looks like a giant, unhelpful mess. There are three different parts of the site dedicated to suggestions. GOG Galaxy couldn't have came at a better time

Don't be overly butthurt just because it's different. This update adds some essential stuff previously available only in "Steam Enhanced" browser extensions. Like FUCKING BEING ABLE TO SEE THAT YOU OWN A GAME before entering its store page. Also, a convenient look at a game's rating (positive, mixed, negative) when you search.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom