Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Valve and Steam Platform Discussion Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
#FemaleProtagonist

Astral Rag

Arcane
dd-2wjqgz.jpg

:what:

pippin

They added achievements :smug:
It's good, but I wouldn't say it's the PS:T of pnc adventures. The second half is somewhat decline-y, and the last part with the aztec temple had me like :retarded:.
Still, it's really worth playing, I did it until the cds got scratched beyond help.

Anyone here fluent in legal-speak?
I want to have Dota 2 removed from my library (so Steam stops recommending me similar garbage), but support is insisting I apparently don't have a "cancelable subscription" for it. Any magic words to convince them to get fucked and do as I say otherwise?

garren

Arcane
Patron
I've noticed that once you add any free games on your account, they stay there. Would be cool if Valve added a feature to remove them.

Valve is a business, so maybe a nicely worded message that the game being on your account makes the service worse for you and makes you want to use Steam less could work. Hint that there are alternatives where this problem doesn't exist, but you would like to continue using Steam as much as possible. Once potential money loss enters the fray they take you more seriously.

Edit: Also always be polite, that stuff helps more than many people think.

Last edited:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Anyone here fluent in legal-speak?
I want to have Dota 2 removed from my library (so Steam stops recommending me similar garbage), but support is insisting I apparently don't have a "cancelable subscription" for it. Any magic words to convince them to get fucked and do as I say otherwise?
You can't delete local content?

^ What he said. Steam recommendations are based on games tied to your account, not just those currently installed.

Valve is a business, so maybe a nicely worded message that the game being on your account makes the service worse for you and makes you want to use Steam less could work. Hint that there are alternatives where this problem doesn't exist, but you would like to continue using Steam as much as possible. Once potential money loss enters the fray they take you more seriously.
Hm, I might try that, but not sure how genuine I can make it sound with money still left on my account.

Edit: Also always be polite, that stuff helps more than many people think.
Hey, I always am. I consider my 'fuck's and 'shove it up your arse's to be purely an endearing feature.

TripJack

Hedonist
if it was possible there would be a link next to the game name saying 'delete subscription' or something similiar, ive done it before for demos or some other free shit but i guess its not possible for whatever you are trying to get rid of

Last edited:

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
No clue. Not as if the Steam recommendations are any useful. I don't even look at the storefront anymore, it's an eyesore.

Turjan

Arcane
No clue. Not as if the Steam recommendations are any useful.
From a certain amount of garbage in the account on, the system doesn't have a clue of what to suggest, anyway, except for stuff on my wishlist.

I get a recommendation for Final Fantasy III. Or Goat Simulator...

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Exactly. Unless someone has some highly refined :whatho: collection then it's not as if the recommendations are going to be any good.

Turjan

Arcane
lol, I have 502349 games, of which I like 4.
I think the system already starts failing far below 100 games, if you are not very careful. It tends to suggest "popular" games anyway, regardless of preference.

I could try and see whether it would get better if I wrote a few game recommendations. Not sure if I want to put that effort in just to prove a point. I admit I haven't put any effort into rating the recommendations themselves, either. I guess the simple answer is that I just rely on other sources.

Caim

Arcane
You do realize you can turn off recommendations? In the top-right of the games it shows on the big sideways scrolling panel there's a button where you can turn off "Recommended For You". Uncheck that shit and ta-dah!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom