Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware The Vagrant - Chinese Drog's Crown Ripoff (Kickstarter)

• Thread starter A horse of course
  • Start date

Is a tomato a fruit?

• Total voters

A horse of course

For once in your miserable weebshit lives, do something worthwhile by taking a moment away from trying to feed pot noodle to your catgirl pillows, and back this:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/607591819/the-vagrant

We taking great inspiration from games such as OboroMuramasa, Dragon's Crown, Castlevania X and elements from other games we really like to make this game of our own. But now we would like to share our project with you and finish the game with us together!

kQyslIs.gif
e5Z1lIo.gif
7RIdHkZ.gif
r0OoFoM.jpg
1dQQKUz.jpg
kxZ5M5v.jpg
SdvZeOR.jpg
NM7BF1z.jpg
S5wIHxJ.jpg
mTAyvap.jpg
j6LJCg1.jpg
MWFCUYe.jpg

Full disclosure: I pledged to this project and will probably wank to it at some point in the future.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Reminds me of Odin Sphere, the last Vanillaware game I played before Dragon's Crown. Hopefully the combat is fluid enough to be enjoyable otherwise it's not going to end well.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Has anyone tried this one since the Kickstarter? It's still in early access on Steam on a pretty darn cheap price point, and with mostly good reviews:

Last edited:

Momock

Augur
It's Oboro Muramasa, but better. And it's incredibly cheap for what it is, I don't get why it's so cheap.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
The price used to be 15€, until SakuraGame became the publisher.

Nostaljaded

Savant
It's Oboro Muramasa, but better.
Watched a 1.5h, 10th Dec build let's play video.
My opinion differs but will give the benefit of doubt since you have played.

---------------
Comparing with a Muramusa 0.75h let's play video (not from my hazy memory),
it's a Muramusa lesser-clone.

Gameplay-related:
- Slower fights/attack animations are longer
- Where's double jump and gliding? (Not sure whether it's player's lack of awareness or not)
- Pointless and too many destructible crates/loots, just have enemies drop a higher amount/ingredients if need to compensate. Chest occurrences are fine
- Prefer a faster run during non-battle. Can just adopt Muramusa's approach of using ! indicator for initial enemy contact so players can safely admire the background art assets
- Learn new attack combo buttons by expanding mana along the spiral skilltree, prefer Muramusa where startgame & endgame's attack moveset is the same
- Prefer to have more things to juggle like Muramusa's 3-sword durability/special-attack juggling
- What's the point of having only 2-4 enemies in a large battlefield, e.g. 2 screen-wide in some of the cannon fodder fights?

UI-related:
- Overdesign of HP/SP/Item panel, obscuring too much space and not giving sufficient info. Where's the current/max HP & SP number indicator?
- Why Gold & Mana needs to occupy such a large space on main screen UI? Not a need to keep track of in heat of battle

Misc:
- Some attack grunt sounds have too long durations -> will be annoying within a short playtime
- It's not Japanese-themed, so why does a Chinese developer uses Japanese voiceovers but does not have the option for Chinese voiceovers? And why no Japanese interface then?

This is asking for too much: :M
- They could even 'backport' a few of the Odin Sphere Leifthrasir QOLs like showing offscreen enemies' positions/attacks on overhead map in battle

Not swapping the game down, it does have decent art assets & selling at an obscenely cheap price.
More of a constructive criticism since game is still in early access and it's the 1st game from developer.

Momock

Augur
For me it's better than Muramasa because:

- it's playable. It uses all the buttons of the controler instead of making you use the A button for everything (it was shit, really).
- when you die, you come back to the save point, so you actually have to care about what you're doing and use consumables. In Muramasa you came back to the entrance of the screen with full life, and because the combats were random the combat that killed could not reappear at all, so whatever.
- the story is better told and the characters are more fleshed out.
- no HP inflation, no level scaling (could be wrong on this last statement).
- more boobz.
- special moves dependants on skills you learn, not on the weapon equiped.
- have other idea of difficulty than throwing a million of ennemies in your face to the point it's illegible.
- more varied backgrounds and level design.

The only thing I miss from Muramasa is the air dash (but it was infinte bullshit in Muramasa, so I prefer not having it than having it this way). Also: when you run the camera have a "delay" (you see more behind you than on front). Well, it's in EA so I guess it's natural if it's umpolished.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Bought this quite a while ago, tried it out a few days ago, rather disappointing tbh. It looks pretty, and the story/dialogue is passable, but the gameplay is very meh. I've unlocked several special attacks now, but 99% of the time the only move I need is one that breaks enemy guards and infinitely chains with itself. Enemies don't appear to have any sort of elemental weakness, and the special attacks that cost rage are too expensive to even bother using except in boss fights, which are just button mashy battles of attrition, which are trivial as well because I'm drowning in healing potions and food. Impact of equipment is very minor, aside from a sword that dropped from a chest or boss early on which is much faster than everything else, and therefore makes everything much much easier to stunlock and interrupt.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom