Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Ultima Series by Spoony

Drakron

Arcane
It gone downhill since Dancing Yuna is no longer in the intro.

The only new thing worthy on the site is this:

111mdyb.jpg

Sad really ...

Edit: and the Highlander 2 review, I guess he started to suck with Ugly Fat American Reporter replaced Dancing Yuna in the intro.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I haven't bothered with that site since he stopped putting effort into his videos. They used to be pretty well done and entertaining, but then he just started getting lazy and vlogging about random dumb shit in front of a cam for 40 minutes, and then he got involved with Guy With the Glasses stuff where he does all kinds of gay LARPing shit with those fuckwits.

Meh.

mister_matt

Educated
Did anyone else notice that background hiss on the audio?

Gems are pretty gay though aren't they.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
That was ok. To be fair Ultima 1 was a tad batshit crazy for it's time, and he pointed that out.

Not his best work, but ok.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Silellak said:
I am very angry about Spoony.

Yeah.

I laughed at the "OF COURSE" jab at fantasy plots in the Ultima 1 video

Oh shit I'm opening myself for attack omg why didn't I just act critical and nonchalent now my internet cred is out the window

CrimHead

Scholar
Spoony's Lp's are quite entertaining imo. He's very articulate in his movie and game reviews too, unlike lots of internet personalities out there today. Of course you have to stay away from the videos where he's with Angry Joe, Nostalgia Critic, and the rest of that cabal.

Edit: Check out his Swat 4 and Phantasmagoria 2 LP's. They're p. good.

Silellak

Cipher
Jaesun said:
That was ok. To be fair Ultima 1 was a tad batshit crazy for it's time, and he pointed that out.

If he thinks Ultima 1 is crazy, just wait til he hits Ultima 2.

Or the Worlds of Ultima games, for that matter. Not quite as crazy, perhaps, definitely more modern crazy.

CrimHead

Scholar
Oh wait sorry, I see where this thread is going.

Fucking faggot with his newshit greenscreen popamole costumes fuck this fuck everything I HATE

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Silellak said:
Jaesun said:

If he thinks Ultima 1 is crazy, just wait til he hits Ultima 2.

Or the Worlds of Ultima games, for that matter. Not quite as crazy, perhaps, definitely more modern crazy.

True, It wasn't untill III? That Gariott finally took the setting more seriously.

Granted at the time, it wasn't too wacky.. compared to most games out around that time. Now a days it is a tad hilarious, because RPG settings are SERIOUS BUISNESS.

Zeus

Cipher
Hah, I thought he did a pretty good job. It was entertaining. The weak-armed blacksmithing scene cracked me up. Spoony hammers the way Puma Man flies.

If I have any complaints, it's that the Balrog scene went on for five minutes, when it could have just been setup-punchline-get-on-with-it.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Slenkar said:
i didnt know ultima had tie-fighters and space stations

Yeah that's why most Ultima fans just kind of ignore I/II/III and pretend they never happened. Well at least I do anyways.

Zeus

Cipher
ScottishMartialArts said:
Slenkar said:
i didnt know ultima had tie-fighters and space stations

Yup. You have to become a space ace before a princess will tell you where the time machine is.

It's based on Arthurian legend.

His SWAT 4 LP was just awesome, probably my favorite from him. the FFX review is going alright, but a bit much of it just seems too overblown. The game may have been pretty bad, but I'd still rather it than VII or some others.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom