Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Twisted Metal series

Spockrock

Augur
the most recent Mad Max game reminds me a lot of TM and Interstate 76, in a good way. Of all the games mentioned here I liked Rogue Trip the most for its atmosphere.

no one mentioned Dead in the Water, also a PS1 game. and then there was Destruction Derby 2... I wasted countless hours on that one.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk

Ezekiel

Arcane
The new Crazy Taxi is rumored to be a live service game too. At this point fans should just make the games. The owners only want to use them as vehicles to chase the current fads.

911 Jumper

Educated
Do wonder how long will it be until Firesprite gets shuttered. Sony acquired them in 2021 and they have only put out a bunch of VR titles, if I remember correctly. PS VR2 isn't exactly flying so...

Terra

Cipher
Loved Twisted Metal & Vigilante 8 back in the day, crazy to think that car combat seems to a dead genre now with nobody even giving it a chance. Seems it could do well with today's technology so I'm surprised a spiritual successor hasn't emerged via KS.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Loved Twisted Metal & Vigilante 8 back in the day, crazy to think that car combat seems to a dead genre now with nobody even giving it a chance. Seems it could do well with today's technology so I'm surprised a spiritual successor hasn't emerged via KS.
Yeah, I enjoyed Twisted Metal 2 back in the day, as well as Interstate '76 and Carmageddons, of course. Doesn't seem like there's much interest in such games nowadays though.
Anyone try the ones on the PSP or PS3 ? Haven't played one since Black...which was ok, but the controls felt a little off compared to 2 from what I remember.
I've got one for PS3, but I must say I disliked it due to controls. It's hard to navigate this game with a controller.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom