Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Surge - "sci-fi Dark Souls" from Lords of the Fallen devs

Siel

Arcane
Patron
Publisher Focus Home and german dev Deck13 are working on a new IP.
The name of the game has yet to be announced :

911.jpg

We are thrilled to announce our partnership with Deck13 Interactive, Frankfurt based developer famed for games such as Lords of the Fallen, to bring you a new premium action RPG IP set in a dystopian sci-fi future to be revealed by name at a later date.

The new game will feature innovative combat mechanics and an original character progression system based on modular upgrades gained through tight, visceral combat.

Of the new partnership, Deck13 Interactive CEO’s FlorianStadlbauer and Jan Klose said, respectively, 'We are delighted to be working with Focus Home Interactive. Our relationship with the company over the past few months has created a lot of trust and confidence already. During the past years, the Focus team has shown that they are extremely successful in marketing European titles worldwide.'

Klose, CEO and Creative Director, stated 'After our recent major project, the team at Deck13 is eager to take on the next challenge. We have learned a lot and want to deliver an even greater experience to core gamers this time.'

Focus Home Interactive’s Managing Partner Cedric Lagarrigue added “We are ecstatic to announce this new partnership with one of the very best independent European development studios. We’ve been excited by Deck13’s new project since our first exchange with them, and as we’ve just got through the pre-production phase, we’re fully convinced by their capacities to deliver one of the most exciting RPGs to come in the future.”

The unannounced IP will be revealed at a later date, and the game is expected to launch on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC with a retail and digital release in 2017.

http://www.focus-home.com/en/news/9...ve-partner-up-with-deck13-for-unnanounced-rpg

Athelas

Arcane
The new game will feature innovative combat mechanics and an original character progression system based on modular upgrades gained through tight, visceral combat.
The above description leads me to think it will not be very good.

Old Hans

Arcane
Holy penis, what a scoop! Coming soon in 2017 with innovative combat and modular upgrades!

paintinggrey

Scholar
so this pretty much a bust then,what a fucking shame!!We desperately need more scifi rpgs.

Anthony Davis

Blizzard Entertainment
Developer
I borrowed work's copy of Lords of the Fallen to slum around with while waiting for Bloodborne.

I thought it was a decent first effort.

I would normally say that what I saw of LoF would merit me keeping an eye on this... however there isn't a name to go with the promo art. :-|

Oh well.

Renevent

Cipher
Lords of the Fallen was pretty good IMO, not nearly as good as Dark Souls though. Graphics were beautiful, combat was fun/visceral, great art style and atmosphere, and overall I found it pretty challenging, though again, it's not as difficult as Dark Souls. I didn't have all the bugs/performance issues a lot of people had so maybe that's why my view of it is more positive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom