Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

AN4RCHID

Arcane
I once asked him about this on jewtube. This was almost two years ago.

sKR3ZQr.png

thesoup

Arcane
I think I sent George a pm asking him about it, but he never replied.

Nathan was kinda meh anyway.

TheGreatOne

Arcane
He made a few funny jokes in the Wasteland LP if I recall, though he was obviously more popamoler out of the two and the took the game less seriously.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Saying Nathan was 'meh' compared to George is an understatement. Nathan was a couch-dwelling amateur, and while that can be alright, he didn't really meet the standards of the Bunny Hop that followed.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Don't really miss him. Like I said; the only review I watched of his on SBH's channel was the DmC review, which was basically the stock "IT'S GREAT WHO CARES THAT IT WAS DUMBED DOWN AND THE PROTAGONIST AN UNLIKABLE FUCK OLD FANS JUST HATE IT BECAUSE OF THE HAIR" routine that every supporter of the game was using at the time, which I thought was way below the normal quality of the show, even during George's early days.

sbb

Learned
it's easy to make pt sound dope, which is why it's so shocking how boring and shitty it is when you play it

Murk

Arcane
That was kind of my take on it from the bits and pieces I had seen about it before it was being expunged from the record. I don't have a ps4 anyway so it's a moot point, but eh.

sbb

Learned
'tis spooky to be sure, but only for about five minutes before you start to get hungry or sleepy

Adon

Arcane
Hopefully this is the last video we get on the subject. We get it, a lot of people are sad about PT, move on already.

There are some solid points to PT: the atmosphere is good, the graphical detail is good (according to Kojima they had to downscale that quality to make it look more like an indie game), but it's hardly the second coming of jesus like most people act it is. I'm sure most people were only crazy about the team behind it rather than it being a Silent Hill game. It's hard to get excited about a game we never knew any actual details of. While it surely would've been better than the stuff after Team Silent, it is a low bar when you think about it, wouldn't have been that hard for Kojima to do.

sbb

Learned
in the dude's defense, this is one of the first videos i've seen that moves past "oh the ethics of it all" and more into the cultural relevance of this endangered thingie

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
There are some solid points to PT: the atmosphere is good, the graphical detail is good (according to Kojima they had to downscale that quality to make it look more like an indie game), but it's hardly the second coming of jesus like most people act it is. I'm sure most people were only crazy about the team behind it rather than it being a Silent Hill game. It's hard to get excited about a game we never knew any actual details of. While it surely would've been better than the stuff after Team Silent, it is a low bar when you think about it, wouldn't have been that hard for Kojima to do.
To be fair, after 10 years of The Silent Hill IP being essentially prostituted out by Konami to D-list deveopers, you can hardly blame people for getting excited about a Silent Hill game headed by two people who actually know what they're doing.

Luka-boy

Arcane
It's hard to get excited about a game we never knew any actual details of.
On the contrary, I'd say that is one huge reason (besides Kojima and del Toro's involvement and the fact that it's a SH game period) why so many people got so excited and are so heartbroken about this. Since they don't have any information they let their imagination and expectations run wild.

Funnily enough, when that same thing is applied to gameplay it usually is one of the marks of a good horror game.

Adon

Arcane
To be fair, after 10 years of The Silent Hill IP being essentially prostituted out by Konami to D-list deveopers, you can hardly blame people for getting excited about a Silent Hill game headed by two people who actually know what they're doing.

I feel that is a bit debatable. Maybe it's just the sadness of it all that makes people say they wish Kojima and Del Toro would do a kickstarter now so that they can still kind of make Silent Hills under a different name, but it seems that people were excited more by the collaboration between them and Norman Reedus than the prospect of a good Silent Hill game. Not that that is a bad thing, but still, the most common comment I've seen among people is "I stopped playing after 3".

On the contrary, I'd say that is one huge reason (besides Kojima and del Toro's involvement and the fact that it's a SH game period) why so many people got so excited and are so heartbroken about this. Since they don't have any information they let their imagination and expectations run wild.

Funnily enough, when that same thing is applied to gameplay it usually is one of the marks of a good horror game.

I meant that one more personally, and in regards to people who didn't jizz all over PT. I wanted to get excited over it, but there were no concrete details about the game for me to do so.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom