Tacticular Cancer: We'll have your balls

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Infinitron, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Make America Great Again Archibaldgender: ⚧ Arcane

Archibald
    Parrots:
    Click here and disable ads!
    What makes his Japan stuff different to some game reviews that would make it not journalistic?

^ Top  
  2. fantadomatgender: ⚧ Savant Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    Well it was too much,the first clip was ok and interesting and the rest was more of the same.I don't say that it is bad,just meh.Also i find it too american if that make sense.

^ Top  
  3. felipepepegender: ⚧ Prestigious Gentleman Codex's Heretic Patron

felipepepe
    Parrots:
    Bro, he only made 4 Japan videos in total - Arcades, Pachinkos, Games Restaurants and the Metal Gear Pachinko like a year later.

That's really just a tiny part of his work - there's just as many videos of him going to Dragon Con as there are of him in Japan - dunno why people get so upset about it.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    ^ Top  
  4. Make America Great Again Akratusgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Akratus
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    [​IMG]

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 1
    • it is a mystery it is a mystery x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. fantadomatgender: ⚧ Savant Edgy

fantadomat
    Parrots:
    Being upset and don't caring about something is not the same thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  6. Make America Great Again Edward The Mediocregender: ⚧ Arcane

Edward The Mediocre
    Parrots:
    It's hard enough to portray sarcasm through text, let alone that subtlety. I mean after all, if one didn't care about x they wouldn't talk about it right? Normally I mean.

^ Top  
  7. Mynongender: ⚧ Scholar Shitposter

Mynon
    Parrots:
    I hope to see him doing more videos about stuff he enjoys and finds interesting, whatever it is...

• Shit Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. PlanHexgender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

PlanHex
    Parrots:
    I hope to see more videos with felipepepe in them. Who cares if it's in Japan?

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. flyingjohngender: ⚧ Cipher

flyingjohn
    Parrots:
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/14270750
    So game journalist don't need to be competent about video game mechanics because muh journalism?
    It is no wonder his content started declining and now with that sweet patreon money he doesn't even need to put anymore effort or do something interesting ever again.

A quote :"Why? Because basic game literacy is less important to journalism than basic journalism skills".
    Not if you are a game journalist considering it is your job for fucks sake.

• Brofist Brofist x 6
    ^ Top  
  10. Somberlaingender: ⚧ Arcane Zionist Agent

Somberlain
    Parrots:
    Typical games journalist has neither.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Make America Great Again Edward The Mediocregender: ⚧ Arcane

Edward The Mediocre
    Parrots:
    :stabbedintheback:
    Serves him right, he trusted George!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • nice nice x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    That's a good article, read the whole thing: https://www.patreon.com/posts/14270750

He doesn't mean previewers and reviewers. And he ultimately concludes that Takahashi is a hack anyway lol

• Brofist x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Make America Great Again Archibaldgender: ⚧ Arcane

Archibald
    Parrots:
    Yeah, people are taking quotes out of the context here and missing his point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Make America Great Again Edward The Mediocregender: ⚧ Arcane

Edward The Mediocre
    Parrots:
    And your missing my point, when the chips are down and he has to take a side with journos or consumers, he will always, always, side with the journos. One that's his profession he would see as an attack on him rather than a attack on folks who are shit at it, two because he was on the gamejournopros list, you know the mailing list of all those corrupt motherfuckers? Honestly with his pateron money he doesn't need to be loyal to those brain dead motherfuckers.

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 2
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • WTF!? WTF!? x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. flyingjohngender: ⚧ Cipher

flyingjohn
    Parrots:
    I don''t think people understand the problem with that bad game play video.
    This is an adult human being who can't handle instruction written in big letters onscreen,that is not something laughable but sad.
    Also he completely makes the same mistakes(walks into enemies) multiple times and doesn't adjust which is in tune with him trying to jump over the obstacle at the tutorial section.
    That is not just games related,that is basic stuff at life for fucks sake.
    And no that wasn't a comedy act , i have seen bad players and they do exactly what he does.If it was an act he could have made it more much entertaining instead of just looking like a idiot.
    Also the person working with him admits the only journalist thing he has going for himself is "that he ha links in the industry which give him scoops".
    So literally he has connections which tell him some stuff so he doesn't need to actually do anything journalist related.
    And instead of laughing it off he doubles down and blames "evil gamers".
    I mean George can write pages upon pages of how this guy is a genius,but that is exactly what literally types do.They bullshit you for pages upon pages,and this guy ain't worth defending.
    I mean they can't even get the developer right and that is just sad.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Yes! Yes! x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Jaedargender: ⚧ Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Parrots:
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Iirc he never made a video condemning gamergate, so I think you might be barking up the wrong tree. In fact, I seem to recall he made a video around that time basically supporting the idea that game journos are hacks and corrupt (at least the dudes at the beginning of gamergate).

• [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Make America Great Again Archibaldgender: ⚧ Arcane

Archibald
    Parrots:
    Did you read entire article? At the very end he says same thing as you did in those two sentences.

• Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Make America Great Again Edward The Mediocregender: ⚧ Arcane

Edward The Mediocre
    Parrots:
    But he never made a video of supporting gamergate either. An odd tibit, until one finds out he's part of gamejournopros list which kicked of the 'gamers are dead' articles. I just view him like how the average journalist was before the 2016, he uses his professionalism as smoke screen for hiding his true motivations with it the mask slipping a bit in rare occasions. Sooner or later there's going to be a major fuck up that even all of the 'professionalism' in the world can't defend, and then all of you guys sucking his dick will get salty about it.
    Did you read this bit?
    It's clear that he sides with the journos on this issue, but he can't defend it now without coming across as a scumbag. Which means he's a self-aware scumbag that doesn't want anyone think he's a scumbag. And honestly he will never get his rosa parks tier game jounro because a) the ones that keep doing this shit are fucking hacks in the first place, and b) NAACP deliberately stacked the deck in the first place, Claudette Colvin did the same thing earlier in the same year but because she got knocked up when she was 16 the NAACP didn't want to take the case.

• Edgy Edgy x 3
    • Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Shit Shit x 2
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. Ezeekielgender: ⚧ Learned

Ezeekiel
    Parrots:
    "The few "real journalists" I admire and follow in this business didn't earn their reputations off of reviews, and the stories that made them big weren't reviews. Ten years ago, Geoff Keighley made it big writing lengthy interview-driven feature pieces documenting the development of Half Life 2 and Portal 2 before they were even out. Four years ago, Danny O' Dwyer was making flashy video essays boiling industry-trend criticism into common-person polemics on Gamespot. Last year, Laura Kate Dale released a string of infamous leaks revealing future Nintendo plans before the company could control the release of that same information. That's what I consider "journalism," and it has nothing to do with how good they are at games."

Why George...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • decline decline x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. Make America Great Again Edward The Mediocregender: ⚧ Arcane

Edward The Mediocre
    Parrots:

• Funny Funny x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    • Informative Informative x 3
    ^ Top  
  22. Ezeekielgender: ⚧ Learned

Ezeekiel
    Parrots:
    FWIW I don't think George was active on GJP at all. Just got an invite and forgot about it like some other people. (do I remember wrong?)

^ Top  
  23. Make America Great Again Edward The Mediocregender: ⚧ Arcane

Edward The Mediocre
    Parrots:
    As far as I know he never acknowledged that he was on it. Hence it gives him plausible deniability, which would be the safest course of action during that type of shitstorm. I mean even Total Buttcancer wanted to stay neutral until everyone pressured him to take a side.
    And? That doesn't make up for his shilling. Hell the only times I remember he let it rip was against reggie, and even then it was more because nintendo doesn't do the de facto bribing like the other publishers do, and that's not out of moral highground but they're stingy fucks.

^ Top  
  24. Ezeekielgender: ⚧ Learned

Ezeekiel
    Parrots:
    I don't disagree, but he's also the perfect example of what's wrong with sizeable parts of his profession (or at least what was wrong somewhat pre SJW-craze. Things have obviously shifted towards politically-motivated shilling and propaganda now).
    He's a big part of the reason people stopped trusting gamejournos' journalism in the first place, and George not even making mention of the scandal around him is a little bizarre.
    "The few "real journalists" I admire and follow in this business" is how George described the Doritopope and co... I can understand appreciating his old work, but come on... There's little to admire about a guy who is such an obvious sellout.

Here's the thing... George doesn't like it that gamers paint game journos with a broad brush (in his estimation)... He considers Keighley as one of the few true examples of a "real journalist in this business"... Keighley is a sellout asshole who deserves the very criticism he got... George thinks gamers don't differentiate enough, but this shows imo that that doesn't really matter because the very guy George holds up as a stalwart of the profession is one of the most directly and justly criticized ones for his own actions, not some collateral damage victim.

If anything it's strange for George to consider himself part of that bunch of losers. He is definitely an actual gamer, with above average skills and a real passion for games. He is almost always held up by gamers (including gamergate types) as a good example of real, honest-to-god games journalism as it should be done. He is the better games journalist compared to Keighley and Dale... Why lower himself into their cesspool? Maybe he's afraid of being shunned by his colleagues, idk. Just weird.
    He can match their level of journalism on his worst day without the negative aspects.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Make America Great Again Infinitrongender: ⚧ Trade Master Patron

Infinitron
    Parrots:
    Yep, SBH definitely isn't a member of "your tribe". Take him for what he is, I'd say.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Racist Racist x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)