Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is he the one game journalist with an actual journalism degree, and not only that, but does actual research too?

Got bored and left

Is he the one game journalist with an actual journalism degree, and not only that, but does actual research too?

Pretty much, it seems. There are a few others who do decent game analysis and reviewing (like Matthewmatosis, though his output is miniscule), but he seems to be the only one doing journalist work. In that sense, he's the only guy who should even be able to claim the title of "game journalist". I don't even now what to call the rest.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
One of my furfag friends is so freaking proud he gets to play CS:Go with Super Bunnyhop + crew...

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
I don't even now what to call the rest.
In ye olden days, they used to be called 'critics' before they stopped being critical of things in exchange for jewgolds. I think at this point the appropriate term for most of them is 'paid shill'.

tormund

Arcane
I keep suprising myself by actually enjoying their reviews, time after time, even when there are little things I don't agree with and whatnot. Pretty rare these days.
He is above great majority of these "intellectual" video game YT analysts by the sheer fact that he enjoys games for their gameplay and can talk about mechanics and playability on that very basis. He even enjoys 100% gameplay-focused games like shmups, multiplayer shooters, japanese action games... For other YT personalities that are compared to him, gameplay is second to narrative, messages, commentaries on this and that, various design decisions are viewed as symbolic or commentaries on various crap... I think it was that Errant Signal guy that once talked about Quake 1 being intended as metaphor for adolescent angst or something equally inane.

Got bored and left

One of my furfag friends is so freaking proud he gets to play CS:Go with Super Bunnyhop + crew...

How many furfag friends do you have ?

2607.jpg
Oh, I dunno, maybe a few... :P

Catweasel

Novice
Lots of actual questioning and interviewing people in this video, I really liked it a lot.

Got bored and left

George also looked decidedly less like shit, maybe he won't kill himself after all!

Mozg

Arcane
It's too bad he got caught up thinking that doing stuff for the shortcut guy is important. I've done most of the other things to do in the game (gotten all the hub npcs, unlocked tons of shit, done the "main story") but never bothered doing shortcut guy because to do it you'd basically have to dedicate slow item-starved sacrificial runs to bringing him his shit just for shortcuts I'd never use.

Also he's wrong about needing to perfect the first floor boss with a starting weapon. The reward for perfecting bosses is a free heart container. Health restores are very rare in EtG compared to something like Binding of Isaac - you get like 1.5 hearts per floor without buying shit in the shop (which eats into your money for items and keys, which will end up costing you health anyway) and very few ways to get full heals, so even if you have a bunch of heart containers you can't just absorb attrition damage.

Mozg

Arcane
The shortcuts unlock a few new items too. Still not particularly enticing given that there is a ton of other stuff to do.

I agree that making shortcut guy as demanding as he is was a mistake, given that the only reason to use shortcuts is to practice later floors and bosses somewhat more efficiently. Except the number of runs and time burnt doing boring key and junk collecting suicide playthroughs for shortcut guy is probably more than just doing fun normal runs to see how far you can get and learning later floors and bosses organically.

Ovplain

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex
I actually LIKE the Telltale stuff. But 'Minecraft - Story Mode' really put me off right from the beginning. Like the guy says, clearly just a cashgrab. Sure, using popular licenses like the Walking Dead or Game Of Thrones, you're obviously trying to make a nice bit of coin there too. But at least those lend themselves to 'storytelling' well. It makes SENSE, beyond just trying to capitalize on something popular. So that turned me off, but also the fact that this just further dilutes the already tired formula. Use that 'Telltale juice' on something more worthwhile, dammit!

pippin

Haven't played the GoT adaptation (and not really planning to,tbh) but it rubs me in the wrong way that they just let you "rewind" when you get "wrong" choices. It's not just telltale, it's GoT, which is famous for mercilessly killing everyone. So it's like what happened with Minecraft, they fail at grasping the identity of the franchise and fuck it up with their mannerisms.

sullynathan

Arcane
Haven't played a ratchet & clank game but I will download the demos for the previous games on PS3 and try them. They look cool. Remake should have been 60 fps though.

Mozg

Arcane
Somehow I never noticed that Rachet and Klank and Jack and Daxter were different franchises

pippin

There was a brief period of time where those kind of games were really popular. In fact it kinda surprised me how those games were still popular.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom