Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It's a conspiracy by the hardware manufacturers to keep us buying more advanced hardware. It's a conspiracy I say!

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
The story mode is also about 90 minutes long. 2 hours if you die a bunch.
And doesn't seem very varied or developped past the initial idea either. Was really looking forward to it but 22€'s too much for a non completionist like me so I'll grab it some day on sale or something.

Gerrard

Arcane
The steam forum is full of posts about terrible performance. Hilarious.

What's even more hilarious is that they have the audacity to charge 23 Euro for this game.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The steam forum is full of posts about terrible performance. Hilarious.

What's even more hilarious is that they have the audacity to charge 23 Euro for this game.
It's interesting, because I played this on 4 GBs of RAM and an ancient 1 GB graphics card with no issues(framerate may not have been 100% 60fps+, but when the game pauses when you stand still, does it matter?).

And yeah, game is cool, and fun. But it's maybe 5 hours of fun (unless you REALLY get into all the alternate play modes and challenges) and that's already stretching it a bit. Asking price is a couple euros bigger than it should be for a short indie game with a cool twist but which lacks in content.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This time (in sanic) he said "cack-o-phoney"
If you think he mispronounces words in his videos, you should try listening to his podcast (TOVG podcast), where he regularly has problems speaking his friends' names correctly.

Murk

Arcane
This time (in sanic) he said "cack-o-phoney"
If you think he mispronounces words in his videos, you should try listening to his podcast (TOVG podcast), where he regularly has problems speaking his friends' names correctly.

I don't know if I can take that much of his voice -- I tried to watch 3 super bunnyhop vids back to back and I had to exit about a minute into the 3rd video.

Is the podcast any good? Or is it just people shooting the shit with periodic tidbits of actual info thrown in? For the latter type, I prefer stand up comedians or other funny people.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is the podcast any good? Or is it just people shooting the shit with periodic tidbits of actual info thrown in? For the latter type, I prefer stand up comedians or other funny people.
I have only listened to some of the first ones (back from 2014). George is the highlight of the podcast, as most of his friends and co-hosts are typical USA Nintendo-grown and console-bound gamers.

Usually they comment on the news and talk about games they have recently played, standard for this type of podcast. Sometimes George goes more in-depth on some topics, and those parts are the ones worth listening to. For example, he spent a lot of time talking about Wasteland 2's strengths and flaws (none of the other participants gave a shit, obviously). He seems to be able to differ between actual quality and highly-polished and hyped crap, and he is definitely willing to reach out and to learn new stuff, which earns my respect. (The standards in game journalism are indeed pretty low.) I do not know if that changes in the most recent podcasts - I am catching up very slowly.

Murk

Arcane
Hrmm I don't know if I can appreciate his take on gaming enough to go through a long discussion from his perspective. He has improved as he's matured a bit (the early bunnyhop videos are outright terrible; he improved significantly when post-ditching of the partner [tho I am unsure if that was coincidence or related]) but still has a lot of that popamole soul in him. It's whatever, the guy can enjoy what he likes, but it does mean that most of what he says is either neutral or bad to me and some of what he says is good. What I mostly like about his channel is that it's not cringe-inducing, it is paced well, and ol boy actually does some research.

Plus, it seems like he's slowly spiraling into madness and depression as his appearance and hair get worse and worse -- I am kind of keeping tabs to see how low it gets. I remember a friend pointing out in one of his more recent videos that there was a youtube comment that said "George, I'm worried about you -- do you need help?".

EDIT: Also, his commentary on E3 is spot-on and worthy of a brofist there.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria
Hrmm I don't know if I can appreciate his take on gaming enough to go through a long discussion from his perspective. He has improved as he's matured a bit (the early bunnyhop videos are outright terrible; he improved significantly when post-ditching of the partner [tho I am unsure if that was coincidence or related]) but still has a lot of that popamole soul in him.
Apparently his partner wanted to make the channel more LP-oriented than review/analysis oriented (which is why there was a cringy period where they were making nothing but LP's), and disagreements over that lead to him leaving.

That was probably for the best, the one time he did make a review video for the channel (for DmC) was fucking embarrassingly awful (He uses the stock standard "People who hate it are butthurt DMC fans who can't get over the change in hair color" non-argument to shame critics), and the LP content was average at best. He did branch off and make his own LP channel, and the fact that nobody's heard of it and it gets an average view count in the hundreds at best shows how well his plans went.

Got bored and left

Interesting. Never played a Souls game before (they never had much appeal to me, for some reason), but this looks kinda neat. Does anyone know when it's coming to PC?

The game aside, I'm seriously triggered by "media" used as a singular here. Step your game up, George!

pippin

Last Blade was more enjoyable for me than all of the other fighters.
Besides half of its characters are based on Ruroni Kenshin's characters, after the author of the manga had "borrowed" a few designs from SNK.

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
I keep suprising myself by actually enjoying their reviews, time after time, even when there are little things I don't agree with and whatnot. Pretty rare these days.

pippin

I keep suprising myself by actually enjoying their reviews, time after time, even when there are little things I don't agree with and whatnot. Pretty rare these days.

Yeah, I don't agree with him like 60% of the time, but at least he tends to talk in a reasonable manner. Like, the way you'd expect a journalist to write and speak. He looks like an intellectual in comparison to the usual suspects.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom