Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Murk

Arcane
I think it's very honest of him to show DS 1 running at 10 FPS.

Man, the more Georgey talks about what he likes the more his popamole shows. Still, at least his videos are not purely rage/cringe-inducing.

Last edited:

NullFlow

Savant
I was half expecting George to pick Undertale as GOTY instead of TW3.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
Actually this might be a terrible year in retrospect because the mainstream industry actually tried this time around and the results are pretty underwhelming beyond the sparks and dazzles. It revels a terribly fatalistic high floor low ceiling situation.

Also Witcher 3 truly shows what video games are about, presentation and polish. Who cares about combat, meaningful exploration, proper itemization, proper level design, pacing (and even plot btw, The Witcher 3 's main story arc is lower tier fantasy trash with constant deus ex machina's tugging it together).

Ninjerk

Arcane
Considering the games that were in the headlines at the time, it was worth fawning over. Personally, I also have to give CDPR kudos for not having the game constantly take itself so seriously (e.g. the party, my mother sucking dwarf cock).

Lord Romulus

Arcane

I'd honestly rather have a crunch wrap slider big box combo than another 1 hour quirky indie game that relies entirely on breaking the 4th wall and meta humor.

Jigawatt

Arcane
Helpfully the Steam page for it immediately let's you know it'll be shite:

BjTvvno.png

Murk

Arcane
Checking my post history I noted before when he pronounced "progenitors" as "progenators".

The man is playing a game; to see who on the internet notices it. I am the winner.

I think you're on to something. I was watching the GDC video from 2 years ago, and he pronounced the word "comparison" as "compar-ish-on" at about 5 minutes in.

These are nefarious times.

Tytus

Arcane

SuperBunny Hop:

You know what guys the cobbler I've been buying shoes from started producing bad shoes lately. Clearly the solution is stop using shoes overall! Who needs shoes anyway? Socks are as good as shoes. I'm pissed that those socks I bought that were advertised as ideal for shoe users are getting bad reviews for not having shoe qualities.

Also remember the old socks from the Quake brand, they were thicker than other socks! They were just as good as shoes! Shoes are overrated anyway!

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
Put a sock on it and slam it in a door.

Seriously though, something I noticed was completely absent from this video: Discussion on multiplayer-only games that are cheap or free, e.g. the DotA clones, CS:GO, TF2 etc.
I think they are one of the primary reasons why people no longer want to pay the $60 for multiplayer only. By having a campaign, a $60 game clearly differentiates itself from the f2p games, but if it does not people might just go "why the hell would I buy this when I can just play this other game for free?".
Might just be his consoletardness showing though.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Multiplayer might be fun if you have a team of friends to play with always, but multiplayer for the rest of us (well at least for me) is just a pain. Too many idiots, and it seems every pc-game nowadays have a serious hacking problem. What a strange video. He sounded like a butthurt fanboy. "My favorite game only got 78 on metacritic! The humanity" Almost makes me think ubi-soft payed his for this piece.

And playing multiplayer for me feels a bit strange, when I have no context for it, like a campaign. Why are we killing each other now again?

sullynathan

Arcane
Multiplayer might be fun if you have a team of friends to play with always, but multiplayer for the rest of us (well at least for me) is just a pain. Too many idiots, and it seems every pc-game nowadays have a serious hacking problem. What a strange video. He sounded like a butthurt fanboy. "My favorite game only got 78 on metacritic! The humanity" Almost makes me think ubi-soft payed his for this piece.

And playing multiplayer for me feels a bit strange, when I have no context for it, like a campaign. Why are we killing each other now again?
Because it's multiplayer not campaign. You stop caring about context when playing with others.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
His videos seem to get worse and worse. Each one is more phoned in and lethargic than the last. A year from now he'll probably be as bad as Campster.

As for Rainbow Six Siege, the game looked interesting to me but I lost all interest when I heard it's multiplayer only. I was interested in a new tactical shooter, something like the old Rainbow Six games or SWAT 4, but not multiplayer only.

tormund

Arcane
As for Rainbow Six Siege, the game looked interesting to me but I lost all interest when I heard it's multiplayer only. I was interested in a new tactical shooter, something like the old Rainbow Six games or SWAT 4, but not multiplayer only.
I "like" how he used Vegas as an example of singleplayer in "old" Rainbow games, since mentioning good Rainbow Six games wouldn't fit with argument he is trying to push in that video...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom