Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Adon

Arcane

Athelas

Arcane
I’ve beaten the game three times, started up a ton of characters to fiddle with builds
:what:

Sounds like you enjoyed the game and you agree with his review.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Haha, he doesn't even try to remove the yearnful begging tone from his voice. Godspeed, George. :salute:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I doubt we can hope for anything better than New Vegas 2 but good to know someone semi-prominent wants an actual fallout-like fallout game too.
Totalbiscuit was also complaining about Fallout officially becoming a shooter with stats in his podcast (and comparing it unfavorably to New Vegas). Hopefully, he makes a video about this and spreads this opinion around, not like with DA:I last year (he though it was a grindy single player MMO, but never made a video).

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
I doubt we can hope for anything better than New Vegas 2 but good to know someone semi-prominent wants an actual fallout-like fallout game too.
Totalbiscuit was also complaining about Fallout officially becoming a shooter with stats in his podcast (and comparing it unfavorably to New Vegas). Hopefully, he makes a video about this and spreads this opinion around, not like with DA:I last year (he though it was a grindy single player MMO, but never made a video).
Doubt TB will do anything but a Port Report or something. Haven't really seen him do much for longer games, especially RPGs. Guess it's hard to invest the time what with the ass-cancer and all.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected

I'll just copy my youtube comment. Damn what a video.

This is probably one of the worst SBH videos, maybe it was the time pressure:

: -The popularity argument is flawed due to how much the franchise lost in the process (they are essentially glorified shooters with stats and fallout 4 pushes this even further) and since when did mainstream appeal become a plus to those have an interest in a medium? Just imagine if the first part of this video was about From Software games and how now is the time for some spin-offs or how if there were changes to make those games easier than that would be good because MAINSTREAM APPEAL! People would scream bloody murder.

-The concept of a spin-off (In video games) usually referrers to some genre changes as well. I don't think people view the different GTA games in-between numbered sequels as spin-offs, maybe more like expansions? (There should be a word describing this and sidequel sounds stupid). I mean, would we consider Majora's Mask a spin-off or expansion? The point is there is a huge difference in people's minds between a set of games like Fallout 3 and Fallout:NV in comparison to let us say Halo and Halo:Wars.

-Fallout:New Vegas is an absolutely terrible example and has someone who has journalistic roots I find it disappointing coming from George. Obsidian came to Bethesda with a really polished pitch and plan plus aided by the fact that people who worked on the original Fallouts were on the team. Bethesda liked it so they green lighted it. I don't see the "happy accident" here (if by happy accident George is referring to the simple fact that they sent the pitch in then that is stupid, pitches and projects die each day in this industry. Take the Alien project pitch by Obsidian has an example). The vast majority of good spin-offs in this day and age come from some creative force managing to convince corporate aspects (like Lucien Soulban in Blood Dragon's case). When the corporate aspects embrace sequels we get Fallout Shelter so I find the entire premise and point of this video to be simply put...stupid.

Mozg

Arcane
I am convinced SBH flagrantly mispronounces one word per video as a game. Idealology, Fine-esse.

PlanHex

Arcane
Patron
For a second I thought it was a joke. IdeaLOLogy.
Doesn't really seem it like it though.

Isn't the finesse pronunciation just a matter of accents? Think I've heard it both ways before.

Last edited:

Mozg

Arcane
Checking my post history I noted before when he pronounced "progenitors" as "progenators".

The man is playing a game; to see who on the internet notices it. I am the winner.

:Flash:

Arcane
Hmm, did he seriously say that Wing Commander is more complex than Tie Fighter, but Tie Fighter is better at world building?

Divinity: Original Sin
Hmm, did he seriously say that Wing Commander is more complex than Tie Fighter, but Tie Fighter is better at world building?

Maybe he was talking about the branching results, but in no way Wing Commander series is more complex than X-wing series.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Maybe he was talking about the branching results, but in no way Wing Commander series is more complex than X-wing series.

I don't know if he actually played them since a lot of the presentation-type stuff he praises was already done by Wing Commander.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Yeah I doubt it. I'm pretty sure he's played the SW flight games pretty extensively but hasn't touched Wing Commander or Privateer that much.

Jick Magger

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria

Could've sworn Opposing Force was standalone (or expandalone or whatever), but maybe I'm thinking of Gunman Chronicles or what it's name was, which I bought when I was a kid because I thought it was another HL expansion.
Also, good comment:
Todd The Toddler Howard
horse armor dlc is still my favorite dlc

You're probably thinking of Blue Shift, which was stand-alone and marketed as such.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
It's a shame the episode wasn't longer - he didn't have much time to talk about those actually good DLCs (or rant more about the bad ones).

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
A bad episode imo. He just sorta blathers for the full duration, not really making any point that couldn't be made in less than a minute total.

Mozg

Arcane
The DS1 dlc is kinda ehh in retrospect honestly, I feel like he hasn't really updated his opinion about it lately since DS1 has been out of its mega-honeymoon period. All the stuff besides four good to very good bosses and Gough is just kinda there - recycled terrain, lame enemies. They also wasted a chunk of resources on a bunch of shitty PvP stuff that almost no one was both able and willing to play. As far as I can see the BB DLC has as much raw stuff between bosses and new weapons.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom