Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Super BunnyHop Thread

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
"8 minutes of content."

Murk

Arcane
What's funny about his MM legends review is that damn near everything in that game is found in dark souls, which he loves. Even the camera is the same, albeit back then dual analog sticks were not common so you had to use the r1/l1 buttons, along with the lock on and his own quoted: "sick circle strafe" tactics.

Last edited:

BlackAdderBG

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Spot on ,except first bit.This game plays like Wargame-movement,combat,infantry,air and line of sight mechanics are the same ,but with simpler damage model.It should be easier to play then ,but base building split your attention from the precise maneuvering required in skirmishes,because your units die fast.Fog of war is really bad in AoA as skilled player attacks you outside of it all the time ,scouting is lacking big time you just go with most op build and hope other player to not guess right with the counter.If they give all the factions SC Terran scan ability game will improve ten times.
Another thing is you can't build where you want(with small exception) it's like all the factions are protoss ,so you end up needing to defend one position if you dont want to loose to cheese tactics or bombing raids,but turtling is not good option.Game is not fun for the noobs/somewhat competent people,SBH is spot on top 5% with have a good time,the rest meh.

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
His remark about this being just as influential as it's own influences were had it been released 20 years earlier is right on the mark. Not many games you can say that about.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Did this guy ever make a video that was bad? Compared to other vidya game journalists I mean.
I think I enjoyed every one of them, at least on topics that seemed interesting to me.

Murk

Arcane
His criticism can hit a wall pretty hard at times -- there have been multiple times where he was just wrong about something, speaking from ignorance, or didn't try button combinations/RTFM to figure things out (like say, a basic attack.)

But otherwise he's alright. He doesn't make me ragequit videos like most jewtoobz do, and he has good pacing.

Super BunnyHop has a journalism degree, and is great. However, I prefer:

He does a great System Shock 2 review, also. Poor fella died, but while you chavs honor the living, I'm gonna respect dead classics.

Self-Ejected

Ludo Lense

Self-Ejected
"They gave it a shot..."

...what? This is Bethesda's most lazy effort. It is the skeleton of fallout 3 with some very generic modern "improvements" (dialogue wheel, bare bones crafting, excessive skinner box style enemies loot etc).

"Interesting main quest with factions weaving in and out of it"

...I don't understand how someone who holds New Vegas in such high regards can say something like this.

I think playing such a wide variety of games (most of which are probably bad) leaves George with a soft spot for RPGs and even if they are bad ones he still sorta likes them.

flyingjohn

Arcane
I think playing such a wide variety of games (most of which are probably bad) leaves George with a soft spot for RPGs and even if they are bad ones he still sorta likes them.

Somebody should gift him daggerdale and sword coast legends to fix that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom