Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Modron

Arcane
Yeah buy this instead if you haven't

Codex Year of the Donut
Looks like Blackguards 1 & 2 are slated to go 90% off soon. The game list page shows 90% off but the store page doesn't yet.

Modron

Arcane
Sea Dogs City of Abandoned Ships is on steam now (or is that again?)

Collection of 80's Data East arcade games

Game with FTL-like universe and turn based combat hits early access

Hopefully prosper gets a portion of these sales

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
That game looks like a flash game. A really boring one, with a lot of pretension.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Remaster of Gods, 1991 platformer game by The Bitmap Brothers. You can switch between the original and new art:

ss_35cf83847f5423c6f9df070bdffa24a271c70d5f.600x338.jpg
ss_a53e9ff1220a735cae65f3133c1b3f29e41120a1.600x338.jpg

What's with all those glow.

Join the nameless warrior on a dangerous journey through four worlds to defeat the Great Guardians who have stolen the homes of the gods. As a reward you will receive immortality and a place in the eternal hall of fame…

Experience the 2D-action classic Gods by the legendary Bitmap Brothers in a new look! Exciting levels full of monsters and puzzles await you, which you can play either in the original pixel graphics or in a modern 3D mode with an extensive new soundtrack.

Features:
  • Explore 12 levels based on the original level design full of monsters, puzzles and secrets
  • Defeat the four Great Guardians to join the Gods as an equal
  • Collect or buy different weapons and extras to master the challenge
  • Switch between classic pixel and modern 3D graphics at the push of a button
  • Unlock the speedrun mode and compete against other players around the world
  • Experience this true-to-original reworked classic for the first time with improved controls and frame rate, with save points and an extensive soundtrack.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I've never understood this remake. Gods has no purpose among modern gamers.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating on the game (I owned a copy of it myself) but I recognize when a game has served its purpose and has little to no relevance to modern audiences. Gods looked amazing and sounded amazing back in 1991, but even then it played a little wooden, if you catch my drift. Subsequent games have long stolen its thunder and improved upon its shortcomings. It's an important stepping stone, but little more.

Good luck to them, I guess.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom