Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Jinn

Arcane
Grabbed

That'll probably be it for me this sale.

PrettyDeadman

Brigand: Oaxaca a.k.a. Mexican S.T.A.L.K.E.R. is unfortunately not on sale =(

Last edited by a moderator:
I got a bunch of fighting games, some strategy titles and a few RPGs (about 15 in total), ended up refunding everything except guilty gear x, zeus and age of mythology/rise of nations. I thought I was getting older, but games just suck nowadays, while a lot of oldies still hold up with their vastly superior gameplay, too bad I went through them multiple times already and going at it again doesn't quite scratch that itch (though it's fun to fuck around in MP with a bunch of friends). Contemplating getting They Are Billions, since the base game was pretty tight, but it's in EA and the progress has been quite slow so far, will probably hold out till campaign release.

Overall a pretty meh sale, Volvo has been quite disappointing in the last few years.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom, one of the three recent Wonder Boy games but not a remake unlike other two:

ss_83500b972a30d1de9ef791064b6b562fb685693a.600x338.jpg

ss_9a5750a32ff2fa6df63cf801955816dc0ff19439.600x338.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's basically Max Payne but (at least to me) double the difficulty of that game. It also have a really cheesy fun cop story.

Recorded a small video. This is only the first level. Think I died at least 20 times. Highly recommend it if you like Max Payne gameplay! Can't go wrong for 1 Euro/dollar.

What is it with you Euros and still having old ratio monitors? World's been 16:10 or 16:9 for like 15 years now.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It's basically Max Payne but (at least to me) double the difficulty of that game. It also have a really cheesy fun cop story.

Recorded a small video. This is only the first level. Think I died at least 20 times. Highly recommend it if you like Max Payne gameplay! Can't go wrong for 1 Euro/dollar.

What is it with you Euros and still having old ratio monitors? World's been 16:10 or 16:9 for like 15 years now.

Wasteland 1 looks better on rt.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

The game has widescreen but the aspect didn't look right so went with a 4:3 res.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm still on the fence with Endless Space 2. I kinda liked ES1, but mostly for its potential. EL was good so that made me hopeful but in the end ES2 looked too much like ES1 again so I'm unsure if I should get it or not.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Add me to the list of people who bought Warlock 2 + DLC purely on the strength of the Renaissance mod. Seems pretty good so far but only put a couple of hours in. Those hours seemed to go by very fast though.

Also picked up Bayonetta as it was only a fiver. Was tempted by Vanquish at the same price but ffs my backlog is enormous enough already. Lots of VR stuff is tempting me but it's just too hot at the moment to strap a pair of LED goggles to my face for very long.

SkiNNyBane

Liturgist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Add me to the list of people who bought Warlock 2 + DLC purely on the strength of the Renaissance mod. Seems pretty good so far but only put a couple of hours in. Those hours seemed to go by very fast though.

Also picked up Bayonetta as it was only a fiver. Was tempted by Vanquish at the same price but ffs my backlog is enormous enough already. Lots of VR stuff is tempting me but it's just too hot at the moment to strap a pair of LED goggles to my face for very long.

Bayonetta was really fun.

Bocian

Arcane
Codex Year of the Donut
So I spent last night trying to make heads or tails of the Steam sale, and it was the first time in some months that I use some of Steam's functions.

Ho-lee-shit, does Steam have a bad UI, especially when it comes to searching.

I want to browse and exclude some search parameters? Nope, I can only include search parameters, I still have to sift through pages of crap. I also see the games that I already own.

The included search parameters don't make much sense to begin with. I select "Keyboard + Mouse" as input, 585 pages of search results drop down to only 7 pages.

And going through the Discovery queue Steam recommended me 31 space-themed games out of 36, all because the last game I played was The Long Journey Home... which I only did for the cards.

Finally I find two games that I add to the cart, and was about to make the purchase when I recalled I was going to buy an in-game item in another game, to support the devs. I do that first, then return to my cart to find it empty. In the three minutes apart the cart had reset itself because reasons.

(I'm also not mentioning the times when the search results all kept disappearing because the servers can't seem to handle the load of a stupid mini-game, but that's an incidental problem an not a general one like the others.)

I'm serious when I say this: Anyone who can create and launch a digital distribution platform with a good, intuitive UI (and good customer support) today will take a sizable chunk out of Steam's market share. Because Valve doesn't give a shit about its customers anymore.
you actually can do exclusions, but it's hidden for some reason
e.g.,

RPGs only:
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?tags=122
RPGs with only indie games:
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?tags=122,492
RPGs without indie games:
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?tags=122,-492

Merlkir

Arcane
Developer
There's a whole another game and DLC for both. I bought the first one for now, because they're a bit pricey for the amount of schlock I'm seeing...

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I really want to pay 40€ for a bundle of old ass games that doesn't even include all of the series (though it does include the best ones) AND it has some weird ass filters as well. Well done, Capcom.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom