Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Momock

Augur

has anyone played this? is it any good

The original free game was excellent. I didn't played this version yet, it's installing.

Modron

Arcane
Been rather slow on steam lately, even prosperous stuff is down (outside of weeaby stuff).

I could have sworn this adventure game already got released

Average day at the office for a codexer

ss_0917ac4d8f4fcf8d0c2ef979685d105115f0a80e.1920x1080.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Never Stop Sneakin', a new game from Dust: An Elysian Tail dev looks very different from their previous game:

ss_b5ea3b2a0a103d9bb94ddc3715565a4813677b22.600x338.jpg

ss_5c2e0cfa9204e4d86e650855919474106d9b2f17.600x338.jpg

Can you believe it? That madman, Amadeus Guildenstern, just traveled through time and kidnapped all the U.S. Presidents!

Yes, all of them! Even the bad ones!

If you're going to fix history, you'll need the help of the world's most elite stealth operatives: The Department of Sneakin'.

Infiltrate the enemy base, avoid their patrols, and hack their systems to gain valuable intel. Build your Sneakin' HQ, and figure out how to stop Guildenstern's time-traveling scheme!

Key Features
  • Classic tactical sneakin' action, rendered with only the finest polygons.
  • Unlock new characters, weapons, and perks to aid you in your mission.
  • Fight incredible bosses, including the evil Dr. Acula (probably a vampire) and Vice President Helicopter (who is a helicopter).
  • Dynamic infiltration system generates new layouts every mission. Never sneak through the same base twice!
  • Multiple control options to customize your sneakin' experience!
  • Musical score by HyperDuck SoundWorks.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Wut, yet another new game from 10tons (developer of Crimsonland):

Undead Horde is an action RPG where the focus is on items and controlling a horde of undead underlings. The living have occupied your lands for aeons. You will make the dead great again. Rise from the catacombs and take back your ancestral lands!

raise_the_dead.png

You are a necromancer with the ability to raise the dead. Slay your enemies and make them your underlings. Your underlings vary from a horde of undead footmen to a mob of undead giants. However, not all enemies can be assimilated into your army - gelatinous cubes are mindless and they will just melt after death!

epic_loot.png

Find, buy and steal epic items to become ever more powerful. Equip up to six items: two in hand and four in quick slots. Items vary from common swords to powerful magic items. Some will require you to become a powerful necromancer to use them. There's an endless number of items to find so you'll never (or most likely ever) encounter the same item twice!

empire.png

Make your way through the kingdom and crush the empire of the living! You will start as a novice necromancer with weak powers and a small following. To conquer back the kingdom of man, you must become powerful and command an undead horde growing more powerful after each level.
  • Slay enemies and assimilate their corpses into your army
  • Easy to get into RPG style hack, slash & cast action
  • Find items, level up, and raise the dead to become more powerful
  • Build up your Necromancer with items to suit your personal tastes and playstyle
  • Procedural item generation: Endless number of items to loot, steal and buy - can you find the most epic ones?
  • A vast world to explore and conquer - environments ranging from forests to catacombs.
Undead Horde is being developed by 10tons Ltd. Current estimated release date is late 2018. Music: “In Light Of Darkness” by Jay Man

Baron Dupek

Arcane

:hmmm:
Interesting, DMC 1 and DMC2 on PC and not much fuss about it? Looks like another forgotten franchise nobody give a shit these days

Latelistener

Arcane
Interesting, DMC 1 and DMC2 on PC and not much fuss about it?
Let's see...

Whoever wanted to play DMC, already did that using PCSX2.
DMC2 is shit.
And we already have DMC3, which is a prequel and considered by many as the best game in the series. Although the port is an abomination, so probably PCSX2 again.

Now, if they had ported these games (or at least DMC3) on the DMC4 engine, it would have been interesting, but all we've got is this:

ss_e455163e63f879d25423745c017ddd355ca41436.1920x1080.jpg
Remasters my ass.

Martius

Liturgist
Interesting, DMC 1 and DMC2 on PC and not much fuss about it? Looks like another forgotten franchise nobody give a shit these days
I heard the remasters weren't that great.
On xbox 360 it was not that bad, it just lacks extra content beyond artwork. Its nothing more than collection of these three games so if someone already played through them then there is not much point in buying it again beside having it in one place. I will probably get it since I want to replay at least DMC3 without suffering through original pc version. DMC2 is not worth playing at all unless you are one of these people who thinks its actually good game.

Now, if they had ported these games (or at least DMC3) on the DMC4 engine, it would have been interesting, but all we've got is this:
If by port you mean remake with all new assets then sure, that would be great. Probably wont going to happen if Capcom treats all remakes like Resident Evil 2.

60 fps or GTFO
I think all first three games were 60 fps on ps2 (well, beyond pal versions in Europe) and ps3/360 so that should not be problem. At least if it will be like Dragons Dogma which had very stable and optimized pc version.

Latelistener

Arcane
If by port you mean remake with all new assets then sure, that would be great. Probably wont going to happen if Capcom treats all remakes like Resident Evil 2.
RE0 and RE1 remasters are good. As for RE2, well, they're making it at least.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
By the way Martius, my citation is here, read the replies to that post. When I asked if I should play the DMC remaster, reviews were neutral-bad at best and resoundingly bad at worst. If anyone disagrees and thinks it's worth playing, let me know.

Martius

Liturgist
By the way Martius, my citation is here, read the replies to that post. When I asked if I should play the DMC remaster, reviews were neutral-bad at best and resoundingly bad at worst. If anyone disagrees and thinks it's worth playing, let me know.
I dont see anything about DMC HD collection after your post in that topic. There is your question about DmC: DMC and replies to that. I guess you messed up DmC: DMC with HD collection? These are two different things. First one is reboot made by Ninja Theory released in 2013, second one is collection of first three Devil May Cry games.

Last edited:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Remaster, HD Version, Special Edition, Grandma's Rendition, the Tyche Variant; how the hell am I supposed to keep track? Thanks for the clarification.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Remaster, HD Version, Special Edition, Grandma's Rendition, the Tyche Variant; how the hell am I supposed to keep track? Thanks for the clarification.
2 or 3 people telling you in the thread it's not a remake or a port, but a reboot?

Stayed on the Codex too long? People were (unreasonably) ecstatic after the collection was announced for modern consoles and PC. Anyway, it's a 60 FPS native port that doesn't need PCSX2's horrid interface. I'd say that's a winner.

60 fps or GTFO
The popular stylish action games Devil May Cry, Devil May Cry 2, and Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition return in one collection! As Dante, the ultimate devil hunter, you'll join forces with appealing characters such as Trish, Lady, and Lucia and enjoy incredible action for the first time in blistering 60fps.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom