Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Also got a bunch of 4-pack co-op games (move or die, human fall flat n such), Just Cause 3, Balrum, a couple of Underrail copies and Pubg as presents.

Free steambux + regional pricing = aw yiss.

Atomkilla

Arcane
Got Plague Inc and Darkest Dungeon, but refunded the former after the first hour. Not sure why I even got it. I tried the mobile game two years back and it was fun. Someone told me that the PC version is actually a far superior one with more depth and complexity.
Turns out PC version is superior in a sense that it includes every DLC for mobile game (DLCs for mobile games are a thing too I guess), but other than that, it's the same game. Fun for few runs, then it gets boring really fast.

Refund was accepted, so that's a good thing. Bad thing is that I probably won't get the money by the sale's end to grab something else.

Latelistener

Arcane
Bought Black Mesa, Brothers in Arms Pack, The Last Door Bundle, Neon Struct and This Is the Police.
Also, a comrade gifted me SOMA.

ortucis

Prophet
Bought four games.

The Division, SAELIG, This Grand Life and Software Inc.

"This is the Police" is a shit game, btw.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Sale was utter shit, bought nothing, earned a few jewroes from discovery queue trading cards. Wasn't really expecting anything else ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OSK

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
My haul:

XCOM® 2
XCOM 2: War of the Chosen
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided™ DLC - Season Pass
Planescape: Torment: Enhanced Edition

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
My modest haul this year:

Wizardry 8
Syrian Warfare
Commandos 2

And then a couple of copies of Foxhole and Underrail that was gifted away.

ortucis

Prophet
"This is the Police" is a shit game, btw.

It was ... fine, I guess. I played it for a couple hours, and things got pretty repetitive. That was more than a year ago.

The fact that the game tells you nothing about why you died, forcing you to replay the whole shit, trial and error, pissed me off. They artificially forced replayability by doing that. Sure, you can check online to play the game "the right way", but that isn't fun for me, nor is replaying a game that's pretending to have a lot of choices but is linear like Telltale shite.

Freddie

Savant
Kathy Rain and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided with Season Pass were my only purchases. Kathy Rain turned out to be pretty good. Have no idea when I have time to play Mankind Divided, like so many other games I have got from sales. Oh well.

Vorark

Erudite
Picked Alpha Protocol, Trails in The Sky FC, System Crash and Age of Mythology. Booted up AOM to check if it was working, ended up playing for 3 hours. :shittydog:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
The Mercury Man, a depressive noir point-and-click adventure with turn-based combat, from the Russian developer of The Underground Man:

ss_cea37b1de070ad8abf97b8da451eaa1f1679dd0d.600x338.jpg

ss_75f378f362d2889ac9b3075c8a899f5d484880a1.600x338.jpg

The Messenger, a Ninja Gaiden-like platformer:

ss_a2e55cd9ec1d8e4032761cdc2cc4978aacb20f59.600x338.jpg

Modron

Arcane
My haul was rather on the large side:

Knights of Pen and Paper 2 - Deluxiest Edition
Venetica
Crystal Shard Adventure Bundle
Yorkshire Gubbins
The Warlock of Firetop Mountain + Goblin Scourge!
Pyre
Faery: Legend of Avalon
CODE OF PRINCESS
This Is the Police
The Last Door - Season One and Two
Dex + Soundtrack was cheaper than base game
Shadowrun complete bundle because I hadn't picked up Hong Kong yet
Bud Spencer and Terence Hill - Slaps And Beans
Expeditions: Viking
Tower 57
Cuphead
West of Loathing
Boot Hill Heroes + The Hangman's Ballad
Enclave
Stories: Path of Destinies
Syberia 3 Christmas Bundle
The Inner World
The Inner World: The Last Wind Monk

In my defense I really only buy stuff at summer/winter sales so that is basically my purchases for the year. Dang realized I forgot to buy the Outcast remake, might have to pick that up.

This was the first winter sale that I completely skipped in something like 4 years. Didn't feel the least bit compelled to buy anything at all.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
I ended up also buying Day of the Tentacle Remastered and Battlezone 98 Redux at the last minute.

It's been so long since I've played Day of the Tentacle (probably on early ScummVM in 2007-ish) that I've forgotten most of the puzzles, although there's a sort of subsurface intuition, the ghost of memory perhaps, that practically solves some of them for me.

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
My haul for this sale, nabbed several bundles worth.

• Castle Torgeath
  • The Vagrant
  • Psychonauts Original Cinematic Score
  • Psychonauts Original Soundtrack
  • Iron Brigade
  • Brutal Legend Soundtrack
  • Broken Age
  • Grim Fandango Remastered
  • Massive Chalice
  • MASSIVE CHALICE Soundtrack
  • Broken Age Soundtrack
  • Grim Fandango Remastered - Soundtrack
  • Day of the Tentacle Remastered
  • Full Throttle Remastered
  • Devil Daggers
  • Tangledeep
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Bundle
  • Slap Village
  • Slime Rancher
  • Slime Rancher: Original Soundtrack
  • Zeno Clash
  • Zeno Clash 2
  • The Deadly Tower of Monsters
  • Rock of Ages 2
  • Hover
  • Gloom
  • Gloom Original Soundtrack
  • Little Briar Rose
  • Contrast: Collector's Edition
  • Nex Machina
  • Finding Paradise
  • Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls
  • Superdimension Neptune VS Sega Hard Girls - Deluxe Pack
  • Reflection of Mine
  • Reflection of Mine - Wallpapers
  • Reflection of Mine - Soundtrack
  • Figment
  • Figment - Soundtrack
  • SteamWorld Dig 2
  • Bastion Soundtrack DLC
  • Pyre
  • Pyre: Original Soundtrack
  • SENRAN KAGURA ESTIVAL VERSUS
  • Septerra Core Steam Store and Retail Key
  • Aviary Attorney Deluxe Edition (Game + OST)
  • A Hat in Time
  • A Hat in Time - Soundtrack
  • TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2
  • TY the Tasmanian Tiger 2 Soundtrack
  • Big Pharma
  • Big Pharma: Marketing and Malpractice

lightbane

Arcane
That's what I call a proper "bait and switch" tactic. :lol:

Also, I tried to play the Underground Man. Thankfully, I could uninstall it in time. Not even worth pirating.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I ended up also buying Day of the Tentacle Remastered and Battlezone 98 Redux at the last minute.

It's been so long since I've played Day of the Tentacle (probably on early ScummVM in 2007-ish) that I've forgotten most of the puzzles, although there's a sort of subsurface intuition, the ghost of memory perhaps, that practically solves some of them for me.

Played it back in the 1990s, I remember it being one of the hardest adventures I've played. Don't remember much, only Washington's false teeth and a secret passage behind the grandpa clock. Also remember almost going mad trying to solve some of the time travel puzzles. A fantastic game.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Yes, it's one of the hardest while still remaining almost entirely logical and not going crazy with ludicrously bizarre and improbable solutions, although if you're a lifelong adventure fan it won't stand up against persistence and familiarity.

Even so, it comes damned close to being too obnoxiously obtuse on the Old Man Murry-O-Meter... damned close. http://www.oldmanmurray.com/features/77.html

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Space Invaders Extreme, originally released on Nintendo DS and PSP in 2008, is coming to Steam:

Groove Coaster, another re-imagining of Space Invaders, is also coming to Steam this Spring.

Actually helpful gameplay footage:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom