Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Modron

Arcane
Suppose I should put this here as well for the desu crowd.

But I mostly came to post this gem

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Is Spellforce 3 good?!

no_rorschach.gif

To clarify, I have never played any SpellForce game, so I don't know for sure.

The concept has always seemed mediocre on paper and has been mediocre all of the times I have experienced anything like it (such as Dragon Commander).

Boleskine

Arcane
Opus Magnum, Zachtronics' (SpaceChem, Infinifactory, SHENZHEN I/O) new puzzle game:

:bounce:
This makes me wet. I hope it turns out as good as SpaceChem. It shouldn't be in Early Access for long, maybe a month.

does anyone know if it's coming out on gog? i aint buying shit on steam

No GOG.

GOG apparently rejected the newest game from Zachtronics (Shenzen I/O, Infinifactory, TIS-100, Spacechem, Ironclad Tactics).

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong

The concept has always seemed mediocre on paper and has been mediocre all of the times I have experienced anything like it (such as Dragon Commander).
"Hey guys this game sucks. I never played it though, but I played games that I think are LIKE it, which makes my opinion incredibly valid."

See this is just silly.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

"Hey guys this game sucks. I never played it though, but I played games that I think are LIKE it, which makes my opinion incredibly valid."

See this is just silly.

If I was giving serious advice then I wouldn't have used a meme.

Game does look interesting. I may try it out later.

Latelistener

Arcane
Their games are overpriced, but they are worth it.
Probably the oldest independent developer, who still has it.
Imagine if Black Isle was founded in 1981, and still existed, gradually moving from 2D to 3D.

Dragon Slayer (1984)

dragonslayer-pc881.png
Zwei!! (2001)

pc-68574-21481156556.jpg
Cold Steel 3 (2017)

TrailsOfColdSteel3-4.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Official Lord of the Ring digital card game, based on the physical card game released by Fantasy Flight:

ss_448ca446b3c3f2bf00a63d451cf5e55abd49ccbe.600x338.jpg

Official Bud Spencer & Terence Hill beat' em up, which was Kickstarted in 2016:

ss_2df97648eb286f2aa3c50e44ba1cd9758313cd2c.600x338.jpg

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Whenever I feel too good about gaming as a hobby and life in general I take a look at the recently updated category on Steam and suddenly I want to kill every video game dev and then myself. :|

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
And another license game, Overkill(Payday series)'s vaporware co-op game The Walking Dead is coming Fall next year:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
I wonder what is happening here: https://steamdb.info/app/743490/history/

• Changed name Pain of War Demo › Fallout Tactics: Reloaded

Someone released a barebone FPS named Pain of War on Steam (that's not a news), and they're repurposing its demo's app id for some mod called Fallout Tactics: Reloaded? What is Fallout Tactics: "Reloaded", I wonder. Something along the line of FOnline: Reloaded? ModDB URL does not exist yet.

Google gave me this video:

Video gameplay of my mod for Fallout Tactics with restored content

I guess this is some creative way to get a mod on Steam, but I don't think Bethesda will let it that way longer.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Next Wadjet Eye game, update your wishlists:

A demon possessed you one year ago. Since that day, you unwillingly tore a trail of bloodshed through New York City. Your salvation comes in the form of the Unavowed – an ancient society dedicated to stopping evil.

You are free, but your world is in tatters. You have no home, no friends, and are wanted by the police. Your old life is gone, but perhaps you can start a new one. Join the ranks of the Unavowed, and fight against the oncoming darkness.

Features:
  • Choose a male or female protagonist
  • Three playable origin stories
  • Branching storyline
  • A total of four companion characters to choose from, each with their own talents and abilities.
  • Twice the resolution of a typical Wadjet Eye Game!
  • All the usual guff – voice acting, commentary, original music, etc

Don Peste

Arcane
Gather your party for epic adventures before Sword Coast Legends disappears forever at the end of December, 2017!
Purchase Sword Coast Legends now at 67% off and receive the Rage of Demons DLC for free. Our publishing contracting is ending, but although Sword Coast Legends will no longer be available to purchase after December, its multiplayer servers will remain live indefinitely.
Offer ends 25 December.

Sentinel

Arcane
lol, their contract expiring this year really explains how bad this game was and how little fucks they gave about it. Definition of shovelware.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I would buy at 1 dollar but then every time I log on Steam and see the name... the bad memories... nah, don't want to polute my gaming steam list.

CreamyBlood

Arcane
Is Sword Coast Legends any good?

Nope.

I played it online a few times with some friends and a bit of the SP campaign. I really couldn't stand it. I also spent way more time trying to learn the editor to make a simple campaign because I hoped maybe I could make the game fun somehow. Editor is fucked, literally ass-backwards.

It was a complete waste of time for me but I already knew that going in. Go read the old threads here leading up to it's release, it was all true. I was peer-pressured into it just to hang out with some friends even though I knew better and got what I deserved. It's unsalvageable.

Not worth a dollar or the time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom