Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Do I see it right? D3 does not have expansion? It is included in GOG version, for the same price (D3+expansion, not separate).

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
D1 and D2 don't have their "expansions" either (they're just a series of user-made levels selected by the devs). I don't remember the Vertigo Series for D2 much, but some of the Levels of the World from D1 were really cool and on par with the official ones, and sometimes with some design ideas not found in the game itself.

Modron

Arcane
Meriwether, a kickstarted rpg about Lewis and Clark, lands on Early Access. Seems like it is close to being done and they are looking for more feedback, somebody tell me if this turned out decently.

:prosper: tax

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Sine Requie: Snake Eyes, horror RPG set in 1950s Italia, based on Italian tabletop RPG:

ss_520f024e627d7b718e0988e761de485c224db1ea.600x338.jpg

ss_af46d67b9f00c15a71c71e44bdc4ec2dddb073f9.600x338.jpg

They failed at Kickstarter (which was posted by CryptRat at Kickstarter Watch thread) recently but it seems they're still trying to make it.

Demo is available here: https://wewereuv.itch.io/sine-requie-snake-eyes

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_37923e135555d8c88a8b9af2ede69f29bc64dc25.600x338.jpg

Magnificent horses and glittering costumes. Become a star in the Galashow of horses.

Logo-in-Description.png

On your riding stable you and your horses will prepare for the show. Here you train your dressage pieces and choreographies. Soon the big night is here. But before it comes to the gig, you have to style yourself. Matching costumes and the right accessories for your horse are almost as important in the glamorous show as the riding itself. Let's Go! Fascinates the audience in which you master the most difficult exercises in the spotlight. Roaring applause rewards your successful appearance - at this moment you feel what it's like to be a star at the Galashow of Horses.

Outfits-in-Description.png

Features:

Bulletpoint_small.png
Countless costumes and Avataroutfits
Bulletpoint_small.png
5 different horse breeds: Lusitanians, Frisians, Hanoverian, Icelanders, Shetland ponies

Horses-in-Description.png

Bulletpoint_small.png
Theme-Specific horse accessories
Bulletpoint_small.png
First Perdeshow simulation at all
Bulletpoint_small.png
Detailed horse dressage animations (e.g. Pesade, Piaffe, Compliment, Pirouette,...)
Bulletpoint_small.png
Glamorous shows combined with horse husbandry and breeding

Catchwords-in-Description2.png

Bulletpoint_small.png
Complete video recording of the show
Bulletpoint_small.png
Learning missions

ss_48e9e45f1c10ff4e01d756052931b84d1d91fea3.600x338.jpg

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Cultist Simulator, a "narrative card game" set in Lovecraftian 1920s, from the creator of Fallen London and Sunless Sea:

ss_2d32d3e0c4fb82c44e55dfc317288baef0690f26.600x338.jpg

Steam release of Slitherine's Strategic Command Classic: WWI:

ss_3df055ce79c256e54dcb5b7e3185f2611b502edb.600x338.jpg

Third game of the mythical Grimoire series:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Shape of America, a turn-based RPG about American Politics:

ss_cd1fb0fd6f598e4c210fa256f2a00347fbb97c2b.600x338.jpg

ss_cd12b72cc067e545a402b329fb299cbf8eb8d874.600x338.jpg

ss_81cb83616de1ca476bccc89d66714e9c50534ad7.600x338.jpg

Shape of America is a story-driven, non-linear, turn-based role-playing game, in which you assume the role of an aspiring politician. You make friends, make deals, give speeches, take part in the debates, everything to become the president of the U.S. and to change the course of history.

Game features:
  • Unique Story - Enter the world threatened by the millennium bug, excited about internet boom and curious about the upcoming presidential election. Experience the story about corruption, lies and bribery, about great successes and even greater failures.
  • Real-life calendar - Time is passing by, so if someone wants to see you before Thanksgiving day, you'd better be there or you will miss your chance.
  • Favor system - every character will remember if you have helped him or not - If you want to stop police investigation, try to help chief of police to deal with labor unions and he might return the favor.
  • Character development - When you are a politician you don't have to know how to use a sword, but you have to know how to talk to people - boast, bargain or flatter.
  • Turn-based combat - Confront your opponents in battles of words, use rhetoric devices to prove you are right.
  • Speeches mechanic - Try to figure out political beliefs of your audience, tell them what they want to hear and gain popularity.
  • Retro Art Style - Everything in the game is stylized to make you feel nostalgic about the 90s.
Enter the world of big politics, meet influential people, help them, deceive them, become one of them.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Octogeddon, a new game by the creator of Plants vs Zombies:

ss_ede13bf24012db9be3fc58f85ca55a64d9c37a75.600x338.jpg

ss_64a405f4c9453a60cfd76f4825e16d8f9b39da05.600x338.jpg

You are Octogeddon, a massive mutant octopus with one mission: DESTROY the world! Grow more tentacles and evolve each of them into deadlier and deadlier weapons until you become the ultimate eight-legged killing machine!

Key Features:
  • Simple 2-button control scheme makes it easy to pick up and play
  • You've played Shoot-Em-Ups, but have you ever played a brand new genre of game called Spin-Em-Up? Dive into this new experience and SPIN TO WIN!
  • Deep customization: Attach different animals as weapons to each of your arms! The combinations are endless, and deciding what to upgrade is super satisfying!
  • A variety of enemies each requiring different tactics to fight. And boss battles too!
  • Wreaking havoc and destroying cities as a massive mutant octopus = Great stress relief! Some doctors will agree!
  • From the guys that brought you the original Plants vs. Zombies
  • Ridiculously fun and ridiculously ridiculous!!
Add us to your wishlist to be notified when OCTOGEDDON IS HERE!

Baron Dupek

Arcane
hey kids, you know what time it is?

It's time for another Two Worlds Two DLC. Why? Chuj wie.

And it's multiplayer addon. Isn't MP part p. much dead since release? Are there really any people playing? Does devs have any stats/tracking/snitch in their ranks?
All I know about MP in TW2 is that MP have way, way bigger world map than singleplayer and people were mad butthurt when devs shared that information.

three-map multiplayer adventure that bridges the events of "Two Worlds II" and "Call of the Tenebrae"!
are
you
fkn
srs

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
three-map multiplayer adventure that bridges the events of "Two Worlds II" and "Call of the Tenebrae"!
Sounds to me like they have money in the bank and just keep coming up with more little ideas, so they keep working on it. Why not? Recording a whole new album is a huge hassle, but I just got an idea to tweak the mix of the last one a little bit to bring out the bass a little more. Plus another guitar track I want to add to the 5th song. Nothing wrong with that.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Yeah, but the reviews are all retarded. "No character creation" and "turn-based combat" are not necessarily bad, and these guys all have (with one exception) less than 1 hour played.

Having said that, I'm not willing to spend $30 to find out! lolz

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Released today. Has a free demo which I still haven't tried, but the premise looks good.

EDIT: Tried demo. Released way too early, this is a buggy mess.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom