Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
^ So... shit most people bought years ago?

I used to play these games directly, but it's getting harder to install them on new systems. I use Steam for that convenience.

Heard about the sale today and thought there might be a few good ideas and pointers on the Codex, glad I checked.
Not saying they're bad games. Most of them are great. So, yeah, it's a great sale for people who otherwise want back-up copies of stuff (non torrent) or who haven't been into PC gaming for a decade or so.

I haven't seen a single thing that I need to purchase and I had 36 items on my wishlist discounted. Not this time GabeN, not this time.
Haha.

Steam Summer Sale!!!!!!! said:
76 items from your Steam wishlist are on sale!

:negative: goodbye sweet children

falling-money-clip-art_195408.png
F

Sentinel

Arcane
Specials? You mean the Highlights?
Pretty sure those are just "highlights", their prices don't change at all when they're gone from the highlight section.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Specials/daily deals were scrapped years ago because whiny bitches complained about missing them and 'MUH REFUNDS' shit. Now you get the same shitty 40% off deals the whole duration. Sure was worth it, right?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Eh, still $8? Meh. Just go back and watch the old episodes again, you'll have a better time. Too much of "Stick" relies on reminding you of the show. "Remember Mr. Slave?? Here he is! Remember the pirate ship?? There it is, sitting there for no reason! Remember Al Gore?? Fight him!" If they cut the game in half so it was all original material it would have been awesome, but slogging through the rehashed stuff really made it a drag for me. This is a game I played to the end but was truly glad to get it over with.
Lolnope. It's hilarious and definitely worth it on sale.

Sure there are lots of in-jokes but that's what South Park is like. There's also lots of new stuff and the way they made combat work is at least very creative if nothing else. And the way it's all clearly just kids using their imagination = very well done like how "spells" are just farts. Also it's a lot longer than you expect going in.

Anyway Codex, I want to pop some moles. Which one is better, DOOM, the new Doom or PREY, the new Prey?

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Specials/daily deals were scrapped years ago because whiny bitches complained about missing them and 'MUH REFUNDS' shit. Now you get the same shitty 40% off deals the whole duration. Sure was worth it, right?

Millennial faggots can't handle C&C. They want all the options, equally shitty and available all the time. I miss the REAL sales where you could get GOTY editions for 80-90% off.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Do specials hold for the entirety of the sale or are things likely to change from day to day?
Each page should have a little timer saying how long the deal will last.
The "winning strategy" is to buy whatever you want as soon as it goes on sale, but don't play it yet (for more than 2 hours). Then if it goes on a deeper sale later in the month, refund it and buy it again cheaper.

Heretic

Cipher
Anyway Codex, I want to pop some moles. Which one is better, DOOM, the new Doom or PREY, the new Prey?
Doom starts out strong, but I became annoyed by the fact that it tends to lock you in an arena and send waves of enemies after you before unlocking your path again. The levels are huge but there are also unannounced points of no return.

Go for Prey.

It's not part of the sale (just got released), but it is 20% off until 5 July as a release promotion (it cost me 12 USD).

This is the best game I've played in years:

It's just fucking awesome. No bullshit, Robotron/Smash TV style arcade action on steroids with an amazing soundtrack. I think they even got the original Robotron designer to help as a consultant. Housemarque has always made great games (I played Super Stardust HD to death back when I still had a console), but the fact that they're independent now is great.

A game like this is so rare. It makes you forget everything else when you're playing it, it's one of those games that has a 'zone' . Buy it.

Bought one game.
Refunded one game.

Now was the perfect moment to test requesting a refund for the first time. How long does this usually take?

GalCiv3 Crusade

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Alien Breed Trilogy and Commandos Pack are cheap af atm. Same goes for Kult: Heretic Kingdoms. Also Aquaria (an amazing Metroidvania game) is finally on sale, with the biggest discount yet.

Divinity: Dragon Commander and Dungeon Siege trilogy are also at their biggest discounts.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I got the dlcs for Total War Attila at 75% off. Now I can check out that "1295" mod finally.

Latelistener

Arcane
The Drakensang games, with the dlc must be worth 7 euros right? Never played that series, but they sure look charming.
The first game is good, but the transition from the original game to CRPG resulted in players having bunch of useless skills and items. Crafting was also useless IIRC.
Haven't played The River of Time yet.
Just remember that the character you select in the beginning is nobody. The game is party based to the bone, which means skills have to be distributed between characters, and anyone can use, for example, Social skills in dialogues.

PrettyDeadman

Alien Breed Trilogy and Commandos Pack are cheap af atm. Same goes for Kult: Heretic Kingdoms. Also Aquaria (an amazing Metroidvania game) is finally on sale, with the biggest discount yet.

Divinity: Dragon Commander and Dungeon Siege trilogy are also at their biggest discounts.
Did finally add addons to Dungeo Siege or is it still an inferior version you won't play even if you buy it (cause you can't use mods without addons)?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom